Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2008, 23:12   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
If you are serious about endorsement, approach an RTO/RTA and ask for engine change/upgrade procedure, they will guide you. Very honestly i dont see a point in doing that now.

I'd say Karl too is right. Better omit rather than commit in this case! In any case, whatever the legitimacy or lack of it maybe, the fact that the original engine no. got stamped onto the donor one suffices to clear up all the underlying stories, so better not bring it into the open, especially not to the RTO, for the sake of preserving one's own sanity/peace of mind! So let bygones be bygones, and lets end saying automannj and his beetle lived happily ever after!
Old 9th May 2008, 12:46   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post

I'd say Karl too is right. Better omit rather than commit in this case! In any case, whatever the legitimacy or lack of it maybe, the fact that the original engine no. got stamped onto the donor one suffices to clear up all the underlying stories, so better not bring it into the open, especially not to the RTO, for the sake of preserving one's own sanity/peace of mind! So let bygones be bygones, and lets end saying automannj and his beetle lived happily ever after!

Simple guys, its only upto the Seller and Buyer to clear the air of animosity going on, We rather give only suggestions than any judgements.

Anyways simple thing i would like Automanj to do is just get your hands dirty, get down to your engine and check the engine series number punched on either sides of the engine.

Having restored the car with 2 engines i myself am not sure what engine is there on that car.

See here. This would solve everyones curiosity.

Rather than this its becoming a case of "CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT"
Attached Images

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 9th May 2008 at 12:50.
Old 20th June 2008, 11:35   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automannj View Post
Guess it is time for a mech visit.
Here is an update on my beetle, it has been in the mechanic garage for about a month undergoing quiet a few repairs.

1. As for the starting problem, it turned out to be bad battery, carb had to be serviced and also problem with the bendix self starter that it misses igniting the engine. As of Yesterday, battery has been replaced, carb serviced but currently waiting for the self starter to be looked at.

2. After the vehicle was parked in the garage for few weeks I observed oil stains under both rear wheels, turns out the axle seal was broken and there is also oil leaking from both brake drums. Got the axle seal, brake washer and the bleeding nozzle replaced.

3. The clutch plates were worn out. So got them custom made and replaced.

I am currently on lookout for the following:-
steering wheel with horn ring and button;
Turn lever indicator;
gear rod;
Front and rear Bumpers;
outside rear view mirrors;
Matching rims which I am yet to receive from Ryan.
Old 20th June 2008, 13:12   #64
Senior - BHPian

If you are interested I have few NOS VW german items
BOSCH Distributor cap(Brownish black colour) , rotor, Condenser, etc.
Old 21st June 2008, 13:45   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automannj View Post

I am currently on lookout for the following:-
steering wheel with horn ring and button;
Turn lever indicator;
gear rod;
Front and rear Bumpers;
outside rear view mirrors;
Matching rims which I am yet to receive from Ryan.

Hey if you are really interested in buying parts for your bug, I can refer you to a friend of mine in coimbotre... his father was a Beetle dealer in South India when it was initially launched he was also featured in BBC... he has most of the Beetle parts and also has three 1.6 sports beetle engines... do let me know if you need the part I can speak to him and give you his number.... he has all the original parts
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:30   #66
BHPian

Yes please do get me his number.
Old 24th June 2008, 20:07   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Hey if you are really interested in buying parts for your bug, I can refer you to a friend of mine in coimbotre... his father was a Beetle dealer in South India when it was initially launched he was also featured in BBC... he has most of the Beetle parts and also has three 1.6 sports beetle engines... do let me know if you need the part I can speak to him and give you his number.... he has all the original parts
His father was a dealer in early 60's .
He has no parts except a pair of pistons/rings .
There is no engine with him. he had a shell which he sold a few mths ago
Old 16th March 2010, 15:25   #68
BANNED

Its been 2 years to date, and it was nice to hear from Automannj that the car is still with him and is being taken care of very well.

Though i missed meeting him personally during couple of my Hyderabad visits, he sent me over the pics of the car.

I am trying my level best to get this car back to where it belonged -NAMMA BENGALURU. Only time will tell how lucky i am.

Some updated pics.
Attached Thumbnails
My Beetle is here-p1000021.jpg  

My Beetle is here-p1000023.jpg  

Old 29th July 2010, 16:51   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
hello friend i will be greatfull if you can introduce/pass on his contact details to me as i nead some parts for my bugs
Old 29th July 2010, 17:06   #70
BHPian

HELLO HELLO ALL MY BUG FRIENDS HERE,beetle is a smile giving car, so stop all this and smile,we make people smile when we drive ,so lets smile and forget what happened in a deal, iam sorry in advance as iam no body to intervene but just a simple suggestion-set things aside and enjoy the beetle and her sound,happy bugging friends keep smiling and make people around smile

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks