Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2008, 18:28   #1
v10
BHPian

any 1966 mustangs here?? help

hey , a 1966 mustang is available right now and i am very much interested.
want to know a few things.. how much is the market value of this car today? how much are they going for?
also are there any other mustangs available?

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th April 2008 at 00:01. Reason: Please avoid using punctuation marks in multiples as it affects readability.
Old 12th April 2008, 20:02   #2
BHPian

Mustangs come few and far between.
If you really want a car, dont wait...
The prices are through the roof (as are of all vintage cars) so if you are getting it cheap.. its a no brainier.
Body style, condition, engine (S6 or V8) etc dictate the price.
S6 coupe will be the cheapest with a V8 fastback the most expensive. Convertibles slot in just below the fastbacks.
If the chassis is not rotten, then you can get pretty much everything else from the states, ofcourse it helps if the rest of the car it there...

Some info on the car will help us help you!
Old 13th April 2008, 07:09   #3
v10
BHPian

yes the car 1s a 1966 model. coupe. it has been completely overhauled with new brakes, suspension etc.. it requires paint, chrome, upholstery and tyres for which first he is finding a buyer and then he will put paint, upholstery of buyer's choice.. he is asking for 20 lakh non-negotiable.. i feeel it is way too pricy.. please tell me what you feel about this..
Old 13th April 2008, 10:20   #4
BANNED

1966 Mustang.

V10 The price seems much too high. It all depends on how badly you want it though. After paying your 20 lacs, what guarantee do you have that the quality of restoration would be upto spec, and that it has all original bits in place. Sticky deal, tread carefully. Having said that, such cars are hard to come by.
The market is real crazy. Fifteen months ago, I had put up a great Pontiac Trans Am T-Top 1978 for sale for 7.5 lacs, a great restored car at that. I believed that it was rightly priced then. I had guys bargaining and offering me 3.5 and 4 lacs. I now decided I keep the car and will never sell it, at any price. I had guys calling recently and chasing me with fancy offers. Not selling and will never be for sale. So..when the opprtunity comes, you need to strike and make the best. You may never find a '66 Mustang again. Good luck, buddy!!! Bargain and buy it.
Old 13th April 2008, 10:34   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Ridiculously over priced. Unless you have been aching for a Mustang all your dont event think about it. You wont find another one too easily though.
Old 13th April 2008, 12:24   #6
v10
BHPian

I am starting to think seriously about starting a restoration project on a mustang/camaro/challenger etc. etc. now since i am dropping this mustang idea, any suggestions as to which coupe's and convertibles are available as of today???? which would be a good buy (with intent of complete restoration) and a potential classic with good pep ???? anything available like that today??
Old 13th April 2008, 12:39   #7
BANNED

Mustang/Camaro/Challenger

V10-You will be looking a long time, and do not believe you will have much luck. These are very rare to find. I have a 67 Camaro Convertible which will never be for sale. Know of another in Mumbai and know that is not for sale either. Good luck, searching. Bargain on the Mustang '66 and try strike a deal. Hope he is not reading this !!!
Old 13th April 2008, 14:25   #8
v10
BHPian

i understand that these do not make it to the market very often, but then at the same time the price is too much.... now what do you think would be a ood qoute from my side??? and also what was the last mustang you heard of and for how much??
Old 13th April 2008, 14:35   #9
BANNED

1966 Mustang price?

V10, It may sound crazy, but I would think, a good flawless restored 1966 Mustang with all bits in perfect shape, and with a good bit of original bits imported in, like upholstery, carpeting, accessories, trim etc, and everything else rebuilt and detailed, would easily fetch over 20 lacs in todays Indian Market. If this car is less than perfect, perhaps around 15lacs would be close. But car would need to be fully restored and all bits on it. Hope this guy has no access to Team BHP?
Old 13th April 2008, 14:55   #10
BHPian

Thats an absurd price but then how many Mustangs do you come across that are for sale. Sometime back there was a Camaro for sale and the asking price was 30L. But it was in mint condition (as per the owner), I never saw it, maybe Ishan has. There was another 66 Mustang in good condition for sale for around 18L. These cars are hard to come by and the owners ask for a very high price. Once I was offered only the body of a Mustang for 4L.
So, finally it depends on how badly you need that car. BTW is the registration number MRG ****?
Old 13th April 2008, 15:01   #11

This one is mine - cost 9,000 dollars - Its in the UK now, it seems impossible to bring it here. Why? Its my car sometimes indian laws are beyond comprhension. No problem bringing it in to the UK ... No prblem taking it to Mexico for 3 years and then back to the UK. But bring it here, no chance.
: Gallery

any 1966 mustangs here?? help-312816863.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th April 2008 at 00:08. Reason: Pic added
Old 13th April 2008, 15:57   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoticars View Post
V10 The price seems much too high. It all depends on how badly you want it though. After paying your 20 lacs, what guarantee do you have that the quality of restoration would be upto spec, and that it has all original bits in place. Sticky deal, tread carefully. Having said that, such cars are hard to come by.
The market is real crazy. Fifteen months ago, I had put up a great Pontiac Trans Am T-Top 1978 for sale for 7.5 lacs, a great restored car at that. I believed that it was rightly priced then. I had guys bargaining and offering me 3.5 and 4 lacs. I now decided I keep the car and will never sell it, at any price. I had guys calling recently and chasing me with fancy offers. Not selling and will never be for sale. So..when the opprtunity comes, you need to strike and make the best. You may never find a '66 Mustang again. Good luck, buddy!!! Bargain and buy it.
Xoticars !! Atlast I got to know your real identity. I had heard about the Trans Am and from that I am able to identify you. I have never met and spoken to you,but I have heard that over the years you have owned some brilliant cars.I am told about a Dino,Hupmobile,Cadillac and lot of other cars in India and abroad. Would love to read about your collection and experiences.

MODS.. Sorry for being Off Topic
Old 13th April 2008, 16:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
yes the car 1s a 1966 model. coupe. it has been completely overhauled with new brakes, suspension etc.. it requires paint, chrome, upholstery and tyres for which first he is finding a buyer and then he will put paint, upholstery of buyer's choice.. he is asking for 20 lakh non-negotiable.. i feeel it is way too pricy.. please tell me what you feel about this..
Was this the Red fastback from Westend area?
I saw this lying covered outside a bunglow around 4 years ago. Was rusted but restorable with everything intact. Also took a test drive but there were two brothers involved. One wanted 6L for it while the other wanted 4L. The next day they told me the car was not for sale. I think the front or rear windscreen was fibre. It was a V8. Missed that one.
The car you are speaking about is seriously overpriced. There are very few people who would pay that kind of money for a car like that. But then if you want it that bad and are willing to pay for it, what the heck. remember you will be starting a precedent.
I know of a rare American muscle car in India (think one of the only ones here, if not the only one) which was for sale for 20 L. two months ago. It finally went for 3.5 and the guy who bought it is selling again. Found restoration a big drain of finances. Asking price 7.5L. Not revealing more coz ive made him an offer
Old 13th April 2008, 16:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Till a few months back there was a well-restored '65 or '66 Mustang for sale in Delhi. Asking price 15L.
Old 13th April 2008, 17:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

Someone i know has a Mustang Mach 1, of course not for sale. But yeah 10-15 lacs seems to be the norm for the 60's stangs, depending upon condition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks