Team-BHP - Landmaster Travellers In India.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Landmaster Travellers In India. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/38524-landmaster-travellers-india.html)

Does anybody know how many Landmaster Travellers, or Hindustan travellers as they were officially called, still exist in India? I've heard that only about 250 units were made. I know of only 2 surviving cars. One which was sold recently from the south, and another one i came across in Kerala. This one is in Immaculate shape, with full originality. How much are these worth? And are there any others around??

Ive seen one in Hyderabad, owned by a shopkeeper. It seemed quite original with all the woodwork intact but in need of restoration.

Interesting, i've never seen a woody version. All i've seen were those converted wagons. Kudos to the owner for keeping it in showroom condition.

No offence though but from the rear it looks like a book shelf on wheels :)

There is one in superb Condition in Delhi. I think it is black. i May be wrong though.

There is one in Trivandrum with same colour in the picture.Its in perfect conditon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerish666 (Post 800137)
There is one in Trivandrum with same colour in the picture.Its in perfect conditon.

Dosen't it look identical??:D

I remember having seen a white/beige colored one during Arush's show on TV " The adventures of the Ladies Tailor".

I could be wrong though, check with Arush.

Nice find JAyD. I have seen a cargo pick up version of this. Not sure if it was a traveler converted to steel all around of if HM made a pick up version of the traveler.

Wow, what a lovely car, I think there should be a "Traveller" script along the side trim. Also am not sure if those Amby taillights would have been the originals. These are really few and far between. Ive never seen one, I had only seen pictures of the south car which is now in Delhi, MEV 5402 which used to be black or dark green, and is now cream. I also came across these on a flickr album.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 800379)
Wow, what a lovely car, I think there should be a "Traveller" script along the side trim. Also am not sure if those Amby taillights would have been the originals. These are really few and far between. Ive never seen one, I had only seen pictures of the south car which is now in Delhi, MEV 5402 which used to be black or dark green, and is now cream. I also came across these on a flickr album.

The items that are missing from the car are all with him. Wheelcaps etc.
Nice pic of the blue woody Karl. This car is also in Tvm, In current use, but lacks originality. Its diesel, and the interiors have been tampered with.

Also, KRT seems to be a Re Reg, This number is from an End-1975 series, whereas the car is a 58 model.

The KRT car has a diesel powertrain.
it was first owned by the GOVERNOR of KERALA(RAJBHAVAN) and later auctioned when the present owner got it.
regarding the green CONCOURSE traveller, one of my friends did get in touch with the owner. If my info is correct, the owner refused an offer of 3.5 lakhs for this car!!!

Is the Green Traveller sinking slightly at the B pillar? From the pics it looks as it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 800123)
No offence though but from the rear it looks like a book shelf on wheels :)

seen these cars a long time ago & wondered the same. Nice find.

Oh wonderful, have never seen this version, though we had a Landmaster car long ago in our family. Thanks for sharing the pics. The woody wagon looks amazing. Will keep an eye out, but I am sure it will be a very rare sight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 800089)
Does anybody know how many Landmaster Travellers, or Hindustan travellers as they were officially called, still exist in India?

These are absolutely fabulous cars. My father had one restored and we used it extensively. They are fun to drive and so useful, with their huge luggage space. I used to really enjoy driving it.