Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 14:07   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Hello ilangop regarding the headlamp i have the original old dome one which came factory fitted. Though it was replaced by flat lens one, you pointed out a cool thing which is transparent lens reflector. I would be looking for it.
It would give the car a very distinctive identity from front. BTW what did you mean by provision for the park lamp in the reflector. There is one main bulb holder and another low beam holder. Is there any other thing apart from this? Do amby,s use same wiper motor? One thing more, what amount should be paid for a used 3 speed wiper motor if bought from scrapyard. I am thinking of getting one only for the sake of this socket(switch). My motor is working properly but only because of this it lacks full functionality.

I have flat and clear lens with crystal reflectors and additional position lamp mated to philips 90/100 rally headlamps.
Old 25th January 2010, 15:03   #347
BHPian

Quote:
1. BTW what did you mean by provision for the park lamp in the reflector. There is one main bulb holder and another low beam holder. Is there any other thing apart from this?
2. Do amby,s use same wiper motor?
3. One thing more, what amount should be paid for a used 3 speed wiper motor if bought from scrapyard. I am thinking of getting one only for the sake of this socket(switch). My motor is working properly but only because of this it lacks full functionality.
1. I guess you mistook the park lamp bulb holder for the low-beam. The main bulb has 2 pins protruding out. Do you see anything in addition to it. A picture of your reflector would give clarity.
2. Yes they do
3. Depends on bargaining. Tell him that you want it for a college project. You get better discounts. There are only 2 speed wiper motors.
Old 26th January 2010, 16:32   #348
BHPian

In my Fiat I have replaced the entire set of headlamps with a new set from Maruti Omni which sits in nicely with an all weather 90/100 watt lamp. My headlamps are excellent for night travels also. I have changed this around 10 years back and still they are serving me fine. My vehicle has an alternator also which helps in easy charging. I am not sure - cut out may not be required if you have an alternator.
gururaj r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2010, 11:08   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
In my Fiat I have replaced the entire set of headlamps with a new set from Maruti Omni which sits in nicely with an all weather 90/100 watt lamp. My headlamps are excellent for night travels also. I have changed this around 10 years back and still they are serving me fine. My vehicle has an alternator also which helps in easy charging. I am not sure - cut out may not be required if you have an alternator.
Another Good Idea would be use the Head lamps of Tempo Traveller whic again are similar to the units on Gypsy, they look good and i think are of the same size. Here a picture of TT Headlights.

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-44517586_1.jpg
Old 27th January 2010, 11:22   #350
Senior - BHPian

Manishalive if the replacement of fiat headlamp is available why to look for any other model one. Are the Lumax make headlights not good or is it that you are just referring it.
BTW can anybody post the pics of wiper motor of PP/ Fiat 1100 fitted in the car so that i can get an idea of its various parts and use them as reference to the dealer. I am able to understand what to get but the dealer is unable to. If i have a pic of the motor, i can show it to him in order to obtain the WIPER PARK SWITCH, which they do not recognise.
Old 27th January 2010, 12:03   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Manishalive if the replacement of fiat headlamp is available why to look for any other model one. Are the Lumax make headlights not good or is it that you are just referring it.
BTW can anybody post the pics of wiper motor of PP/ Fiat 1100 fitted in the car so that i can get an idea of its various parts and use them as reference to the dealer. I am able to understand what to get but the dealer is unable to. If i have a pic of the motor, i can show it to him in order to obtain the WIPER PARK SWITCH, which they do not recognise.
Oh yes when original is available well we go for it, I just showed another option in reply to the Maruti omni conversion. And the wiper system for Fiat 1100 and PP is different.
Old 27th January 2010, 12:05   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Oh yes when original is available well we go for it, I just showed another option in reply to the Maruti omni conversion. And the wiper system for Fiat 1100 and PP is different.
My mistake. I meant the wiper system of PP S1.
Old 27th January 2010, 14:15   #353
BHPian

wiper autopark switch

I took a few photographs few months back of the wiper park switch which was broken. I fixed it myself using feviquick. There is a blue coloured thing attached to the leg or whatever it is. I put it there to extend its length. Otherwise auto-park won't function properly.
Attached Thumbnails
The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-mot.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-mot2.jpg  

Lucas_2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2010, 17:12   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_2007 View Post
I took a few photographs few months back of the wiper park switch which was broken. I fixed it myself using feviquick. There is a blue coloured thing attached to the leg or whatever it is. I put it there to extend its length. Otherwise auto-park won't function properly.
Its good that you posted these pics but it does not serve the purpose for me. Can you post the pics of full park switch. It would help a lot if you can post the pics with the park switch installed in the wiper machine. Its for the reference of the spare parts dealer as they are unable to figure out as to which part i am referring.
Old 28th January 2010, 11:39   #355
BHPian

I have the spare parts catalogue meant for Standard Economy, Deluxe-BE, Deluxe -BE a/c and Deluxe a/c model. I do not know if this is different in PP S1 models. If you require, I can post the entire drawings and spare parts numbers for the entire assembly.
Old 28th January 2010, 12:09   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have the spare parts catalogue meant for Standard Economy, Deluxe-BE, Deluxe -BE a/c and Deluxe a/c model. I do not know if this is different in PP S1 models. If you require, I can post the entire drawings and spare parts numbers for the entire assembly.
Oh wow ! We will be pleased to have a look at them. Please do upload them
Old 28th January 2010, 12:44   #357
BHPian

@ gururaj... please start posting. we need them man!
@samsag12 i am posting cropped image of Mr. Dhabar's LHD Padmini (MH-01-YA-3238). See if you can use them. I'll post pics from car today. I Think that'll be more helpful to you.
Attached Images

Old 28th January 2010, 15:27   #358
BHPian

Wiper auto park switch

I am posting the pics of the wiper motor with the wiper auto park switch fitted. that yellowish plastic thing in the pic is the auto park switch. i am still in search of a old "new" one but with no luck. :-(
Attached Thumbnails
The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-wm1.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-wm2.jpg  

Old 28th January 2010, 16:48   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey gururaj do it ASAP. We (fiatians) badly need those catalogue and drawings for our reference. It will be of great hep to me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_2007 View Post
I am posting the pics of the wiper motor with the wiper auto park switch fitted. that yellowish plastic thing in the pic is the auto park switch. i am still in search of a old "new" one but with no luck. :-(
Hey thanks man you did helped me in a true fiat enthusiast way. Those pics are more than necessary and would entirely serve the purpose for me. BTW i doubt if i can procure that part even from scrap dealers as they will not sell it individually without the wiper motor and of course the spare parts shops will be a waste of time.In case (my luck) i find more than one, does anyone needs it or is there any other thing which anyone requires as i would be off to the scrapyard in a few days. We can work out the shipping thing later.
Karthik i would be looking for the steering wheel you require as i would be carrying the print out of it. Here mostly the parts of padmini lookalike models are available. Sorry very less dukkar, SS, parts.

Last edited by samsag12 : 28th January 2010 at 16:50.
Old 28th January 2010, 17:00   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Karthik i would be looking for the steering wheel you require as i would be carrying the print out of it. Here mostly the parts of padmini lookalike models are available. Sorry very less dukkar, SS, parts.
Appreciate that samsag

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks