Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 11:33   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Arun and all - there is a story behind the "thin" monogram & why it was shifted up. In 1991, external projections were included in CMVR. In the certification test to be conducted at ARAI, a 250 mm diameter ball is rolled on the external surfaces and any projections must not touch the ball. Therefore, the monogram was moved towards the bonnet so that the ball would touch the bonnet edge and provide relief. Even after doing this, we had to reduce the monogram thickness to provide clearance with the ball. Therefore, the thin monogram. Its mounting face has a taper, it is not straight. The bumper ends were similarly modified but the modification is so minor that you will not be able to differentiate between pre 1991 bumpers and post 1991 bumpers. The post 1991 bumpers are turned inwards more. The bumper tools were modified. The layout part number for 1991 CMVR bumpers was PA-L-3157/5.63.000. The layout was done by my colleague Mr.H.K.Mistry, an absolute master of layouts and engineering drawings, also my teacher. The choke cable was moved out of the instrument cluster for the same reason. Choke cable mounting bracket for LHD / RHD is a mirror image design.There is a joke here. I ordered for 1 no RHD part to be made in R&D workshop in second shift. The next day morning, I got a mirror image of what I wanted. I wanted for RHD, I got LHD part which I kept in my drawer and when I made LHD, I calmly used it for the prototype.

NOW YOU KNOW! HA HA HA!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir,
does this rolling ball test was for pupose of safety or so?
Old 1st March 2010, 13:01   #467
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody state whether it is possible to clean the dry air filters of PP. I have got one which is of Elofic make. Its got dirt in it and i have tried cleaning it with a brush. Can it be washed with pressurised water ?

Please help me regarding my post no. 465
Old 1st March 2010, 13:09   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Can anybody state whether it is possible to clean the dry air filters of PP. I have got one which is of Elofic make. Its got dirt in it and i have tried cleaning it with a brush. Can it be washed with pressurised water ?

Air filter can be cleaned through pressure AIR! may be at a service station.

Regarding Meter cable, I too am facing the same problem with Delight temp meter. The cable is cut and cannot be fixed.
Old 1st March 2010, 13:10   #469
BHPian

Quote:

Dry air filter can be cleaned at home, if you have a vacum cleaner at home. I clean it onces a weak by passing pressure from inside the air filter so that dust accumalted on the outer side flys off. And then vacuming from outside air filter.

Or take the car at any car service station they will do it well.
Old 1st March 2010, 13:31   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Air filter can be cleaned through pressure AIR! may be at a service station.

Regarding Meter cable, I too am facing the same problem with Delight temp meter. The cable is cut and cannot be fixed.
So Arun bhai what should we do in this situation. Can't we get that wire in the market. I have both the pieces of wires with me and was wondering how could they be joined together. I think they cannot be joined as inside the wire mesh there is single brass wire. The other option left is to attach a external temperature meter to the car in which the meter one will be dead. Or is there any other option.
Old 1st March 2010, 13:36   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The other option left is to attach a external temperature meter to the car in which the meter one will be dead. Or is there any other option.
For the President meter, I think only the temp gauge can be removed and a Padmini meter gauge can be fit to it.
Old 1st March 2010, 13:45   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
For the President meter, I think only the temp gauge can be removed and a Padmini meter gauge can be fit to it.
Is it so then i will find some crap meters and fit the machine of theirs and retain the original plate and needle of the president's gauge.
Old 1st March 2010, 13:51   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it so then i will find some crap meters and fit the machine of theirs and retain the original plate and needle of the president's gauge.
If the meter has to be fit to a President, then the Adapter which holds the temp gauge cable will not hold the padmini temp meter wire. The adapter near the head/manifold is different for padmini.
Old 1st March 2010, 14:01   #474
Senior - BHPian

I know that but if the cable is unavailable in the market then i will rather hunt for the cable fitted unit or a full old type meter which will benefit me and Manish if he still requires the outer housing and toggle switches.

Can the wires not be joined in any way. I have both the ends of wires.

Last edited by samsag12 : 1st March 2010 at 14:03.
Old 1st March 2010, 22:22   #475
Senior - BHPian

What should be done to insulate the interior of the PP car in order to kill some noise and reduce its levels from reaching the cabin from front firewall and floor. Is there any type of sheet(thick heat resistant) which can help reduce noise inside the car.
Old 1st March 2010, 22:26   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What should be done to insulate the interior of the PP car in order to kill some noise and reduce its levels from reaching the cabin from front firewall and floor. Is there any type of sheet(thick heat resistant) which can help reduce noise inside the car.
You want to reduce the cabin noise from engine or traffic?

Last edited by arun1100 : 1st March 2010 at 22:27.
Old 1st March 2010, 22:38   #477
Senior - BHPian

Each and every noise coming inside the cabin from front engine compartment and from the floor boards.(vibration)
Old 1st March 2010, 22:48   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Each and every noise coming inside the cabin from front engine compartment and from the floor boards.(vibration)
NOISE from ENGINE is the best part in a Fiat! Unless something is wrong or abnormal noises, the noise of a Fiat 1100 is pure pleasure.

Does your car's floor board vibrate?? I haven't felt vibrations from a single Fiat.
Old 2nd March 2010, 07:28   #479
BHPian

[quote=arun1100;1759371]NOISE from ENGINE is the best part in a Fiat! Unless something is wrong or abnormal noises, the noise of a Fiat 1100 is pure pleasure.

Absolutely right Arun Sir, I am trying to get the mumbai taxi engine beet but no way near it, they use some other kind of local make to get the extra silencer note. S1 silencer is some what different in size and weight from ordinary fiat one, I recently changed my S1 silencer.

To reduce engine noise use thermocol sheets + vynle matting, it will provide noise reduction to a great extend. 100% noise and air insulation difficult in our cars. Mine is AC still every weak I manually adjust the thermocol sheet betweem the clutch and brake petals, in order to prevent heat coming in.
Attached Thumbnails
The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-image0246.jpg  

Old 3rd March 2010, 08:34   #480
BHPian

Hi Fiat Enthusiasts,
I am planning to undertake a complete differential overhaul in my NE. Could you please share the sizes/numbers of all the bearings inside the differential box as well the for the rear wheel. Also I need the sizes / brands recommended for the rear axle oil seals.
Also there has been a continuous leak of engine oil from the crank shaft oil seal on the flywheel side. Beacuse of which I need to fill in a litre of oil every month. Need the size of the CS oil seal also. Any recommended brands? Please help. I plan to leave the vehicle for these repairs in another 10 days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks