Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2012, 16:03   #916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive

A standar available liner will do just right for you, most of the guys use the same. As of now Tiger Power is only available, but you can check at jadsons / car automobiles / best automobiles and you might get a better quality.

As for the cylinder head, I believe it is for originality, the only place in Bangalore will be LIA Bhai in gujari, he might be having some period engines in his godown, but you have to take the complete engine.

Both places Jadson and Gujari you can refer Fiat Club Bangalore, you will get a better responce.

And if you cannot find your stuff in Bang, the only place to hunt is Bombay .

Thanks so much. Yes, ii am looking for these for originality. Will check in these places tomorrow itself.
Would you be able to share phone number of LIA bhai. Others I will manage.

Regards.
Vipul
Old 9th January 2012, 10:32   #917
Senior - BHPian

re: The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathurvipul View Post
Thanks so much. Yes, ii am looking for these for originality. Will check in these places tomorrow itself.
Would you be able to share phone number of LIA bhai. Others I will manage.

Regards.
Vipul
I have lost his number, just enter gujari it is the third shop on left hand side (but count that only after the first left). Alternatively you can contact Arun, he might be having it.
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 11:02   #918
BANNED

Vipul, contact Nadeem Bhai @ 9845080113.

His prices are very reasonable.
ruthvikmagal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 22:07   #919
Senior - BHPian

I require help regarding the Temperature sender unit of PP. I think the one currently in my car has gone kaput. Will be checking it with a Multimeter again for confirmation though.
New ones aren't available here for PPs. Can anybody indicate is there any other car unit which is compatible with Padmini S1.
Also i suspect a cut in the wiring, hence plan to connect a new wire from the meter to the sender. Is there anything special to look out for while changing it.
Old 18th January 2012, 08:40   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
I require help regarding the Temperature sender unit of PP.
Sagar,
Are you sure if the meter is functional? Disconnect the wire from the temperature sender and connect it to battery -ve or any body ground. The meter shoud show max temperature. This confirms that the meter is functional.
As far as the sender is concerned, it showed around 1K ohm between the body & the terminal when measured at room temperature in my 118NE. Set the multimeter for the 2K-Ohm resistance measurement. At higher temperatures it went down till 150 - 200 Ohm. In principle, the resistance should decrease with increase in temeprature. Hope Rahul can look into his 118NE workshop manual and reply with the exact values.
If these two tests show a "pass", then the wiring between the sender and meter is at fault.
ilangop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 10:03   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I have lost his number, just enter gujari it is the third shop on left hand side (but count that only after the first left). Alternatively you can contact Arun, he might be having it.
Hi met LIA bhai. He did not have the engine head i am looking for. Apparently my mechanic had also contacted him. Can you connect me with Arun (mentioned in your message above).
Old 18th January 2012, 10:44   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Sagar,
Are you sure if the meter is functional? Disconnect the wire from the temperature sender and connect it to battery -ve or any body ground. The meter shoud show max temperature. This confirms that the meter is functional.
As far as the sender is concerned, it showed around 1K ohm between the body & the terminal when measured at room temperature in my 118NE. Set the multimeter for the 2K-Ohm resistance measurement. At higher temperatures it went down till 150 - 200 Ohm. In principle, the resistance should decrease with increase in temeprature. Hope Rahul can look into his 118NE workshop manual and reply with the exact values.
If these two tests show a "pass", then the wiring between the sender and meter is at fault.
Thanks fort the detailed info Ilango. Will try to check it soon and let you know the results. I hope changing the temp wire isn't rocket science. The main reason i suspect wiring is because i have changed the sender unit lately, still nothing changed and the meter shows full temp when i short it. It may be because all the wiring was damaged when car caught fire couple of years back.
Anyways will update on this soon.
Old 18th January 2012, 10:49   #923
BHPian

Quote:
the meter shows full temp when i short it.
What do you mean by shorting in this context? Had you connected the sender side wire to ground and did you notice the meter showing maximum temperature.
-Ilango
Old 18th January 2012, 10:59   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
What do you mean by shorting in this context? Had you connected the sender side wire to ground and did you notice the meter showing maximum temperature.
-Ilango
Exactly, i pulled the wire going to the sender and touched/ short it to the nearby bare metal on body.
I hope i did the right thing.
Old 18th January 2012, 11:47   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly, i pulled the wire going to the sender and touched/ short it to the nearby bare metal on body.
I hope i did the right thing.
Yes, you did it right. And hope you saw the needle move to full extreme poistion. Which indicates that the meter and the wires are in good order.
So the culprit is the sender. You got the answer.
Still not convinced, then try this DIY. Connect a 1K POT (or a volume control) across the body ground and the wire (the one that you grounded to check the meter) from the sender. Slowly turn the POT from 1 extreme to other, and you should see the needle move from cool to hot (or vice versa depending on from which end of the POT you started).
Hope the attached pic helps.
-Ilango
Attached Thumbnails
The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-potsf5.jpg  

ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 15:46   #926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathurvipul View Post
Hi met LIA bhai. He did not have the engine head i am looking for. Apparently my mechanic had also contacted him. Can you connect me with Arun (mentioned in your message above).
I will message you Arun's number. Most of the engines are shipped as is to Mumbai. However Lia has a godown and there is a possibility of seeing one. Else please look in mumbai.
Old 20th January 2012, 16:06   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I will message you Arun's number. Most of the engines are shipped as is to Mumbai. However Lia has a godown and there is a possibility of seeing one. Else please look in mumbai.
Thanks Manish. Lia was pretty confident that he does not have one. will try in Mumbai as suggested.
Old 31st January 2012, 20:00   #928
Senior - BHPian

From the past couple of days i am experiencing some trouble with the oil pressure light on the meter. Actually when the engine is started, the oil light glows constantly and flickers when car's revved. Strange thing is when the Clutch is depressed it vanishes and reappears when clutch's released.
Can anybody help me with some solution to this problem.

PS: IIRC Arun1100 faced some similar issues with his Fiat long time back but am unable to locate his post.
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:55   #929

This is an amazing spec overview. I just bought a 94 Padmini and am eager to get my head and hands under the bonnet. Thanks for the detail!
Old 5th February 2012, 22:43   #930
BHPian

Quote:
From the past couple of days i am experiencing some trouble with the oil pressure light on the meter. Actually when the engine is started, the oil light glows constantly and flickers when car's revved. Strange thing is when the Clutch is depressed it vanishes and reappears when clutch's released.
My '95 Premier Padmini S1 has the same exact issue. Not just the oil-pressue light, but the low-fuel light too is ON consistently. And the analog clock on the console does not work. Have to watch this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks