Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 17:23   #1486
BHPian

Re: The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Gowtham - I feel so sad to hear of the passing of Mr. Sundararajan. May his soul rest in peace. His car is in your good hands, which is nice.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir, good to hear from you, I hope that I will be able to maintain the car in great shape.

BTW sir the car is getting ready for a good long drive to Salem
Old 17th June 2016, 10:27   #1487
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Sir, good to hear from you, I hope that I will be able to maintain the car in great shape.

BTW sir the car is getting ready for a good long drive to Salem
That's good news. Do post a travelogue.

BTW, what about the Dharwad trip?

100 pages of technical information. Thanks to Behramji and guys like you who have helped so many FIATians.
Old 17th June 2016, 13:03   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
That's good news. Do post a travelogue.

BTW, what about the Dharwad trip?

100 pages of technical information. Thanks to Behramji and guys like you who have helped so many FIATians.
I am okay for Dharwad trip, but has to be on weekend - no leaves left :(
Old 17th June 2016, 13:49   #1489
CGB
BHPian

Sorry to bump this thread. Couldn't find a thread topic. I saw a Fiat 1100D Black color in richmond circle signal on Tuesday night around 21:30. I guess it must be a Bhpian car. Impeccable condition Admins please remove if it does not belong here.
Old 17th June 2016, 14:28   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB View Post
Couldn't find a thread topic.
Hmm.. Maybe here..?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...ct-others.html
schakravarthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 11:32   #1491

Hi to all Fiat lovers at Tbhp,
I am a newbie here. My love for cars (esp. Fiats) drew me to Tbhp around 1 year ago. That time I was looking for technical information about Premier Padmini S1 (I am in love with this car) as I was trying to restore it to some extent (as only a little was required) and a complete paintjob. I immersed myself in the world of knowledge about Fiat cars (1100 series) in India.
My PP S1 is not the first Fiat (Padmini) in my life. I learned driving on my father's 1987 PP.
I wanted some tips from Fiat gurus in the forum about a Fiat Delight that is available for sale here. Please considered these points and suggest:
1- It is a second owner car originally from Assam. Re registered here. Registration renewal is over-due. It is not a big problem so far.
2- It was converted to run on LPG some 20 years back. Can it be converted back to run on petrol. What changes will be required. Are the parts available for such conversion.
3- Many padmini bits were added to it during its life. Change of some cosmetic bits is needed. - availability?
4- It has not moved since last 2 years as the water body lower elbow on the engine is leaking. - manageabl.
5- Present owner told me that it's a 1968 model 1100D but in the RC it somehow changed to 1969 during NOC and transfer.- difficult to correct.
The price asked is much. What should be the correct price keeping in mind the that in UP there are not many classic car enthusiasts.
I want to go for it. Meanwhile I am also in talks for a March 1956 1100. More about it later.
jollyA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 13:45   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyA View Post
Hi to all Fiat lovers at Tbhp,
I wanted some tips from Fiat gurus in the forum about a Fiat Delight that is available for sale here. Please considered these points and suggest:
1- It is a second owner car originally from Assam. Re registered here. Registration renewal is over-due. It is not a big problem so far.
2- It was converted to run on LPG some 20 years back. Can it be converted back to run on petrol. What changes will be required. Are the parts available for such conversion.
3- Many padmini bits were added to it during its life. Change of some cosmetic bits is needed. - availability?
Hi, welcome to the forum!
You can easuly covert your car back from LPG to run solely on petrol.
you would have to:

1. Remove the LPG cylinder and all LPG pipes
2. Remove the LPG vaporizer in the engine bay.
3. remove all the bypass coolant lines to the LPG vaporizer.
4. You should replace the carburetor as LPG is known to eat away at the carb jets.
5. Check mechanical fuel pump and re[place and change the filter.

Most cosmetic bits shouldn't be a problem to procure.

You are good to go after this.
thanks,
Shom
HimuraKenshin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 16:12   #1493

Thank you Soon ji for your prompt response. Now I can go back and check the 1100D physically. Did not do so after learning about the above mentioned bits about it. If the body line etc is ok then I can negotiate for myself. What is the current asking price for Delights, please give a rough idea as I want to decide soon.
Old 29th June 2016, 23:59   #1494

Hello Shom ji, and everyone on this forum.
First of all my apologies to Shom ji for the typo mistake in my previous post. It happened due to auto correct feature on my phone.
Now coming to the car(1100d), I visited there today and had a better look today. It's a decently maintained car with nearly all original bits. I have decided to take it and live happily. 😃
Will post pictures and other details after completing the transfer.
Till then happy motoring to all.
jollyA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 12:31   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Shom ji, and everyone on this forum.
First of all my apologies to Shom ji for the typo mistake in my previous post. It happened due to auto correct feature on my phone.
Now coming to the car(1100d), I visited there today and had a better look today. It's a decently maintained car with nearly all original bits. I have decided to take it and live happily. 😃
Will post pictures and other details after completing the transfer.
Till then happy motoring to all.
Hello Friend, I hope you have taken delivery of the car, look forward to your posts. You might want to take a loot at page 80 of this thread where most of the specifications for the car has been consolidated for easy reference, however please go through the whole thread to make note of the issues people have faced and the solutions provided by experts on the car. Also posts on how to get best lights for your PP will give you not just great lights but also the satisfaction of improving your car.

Please remember - the best way to keep these cars healthy is by giving them a regular workout. Drive the car regularly and get the lubrication done as recommended and you will have a life long companion
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 22:19   #1496

Thank you autocrat ji for your advice and a quick reference for my use. The paperwork is being done right now and I will pick up the car on Wednesday or Thursday.
Regarding keeping them in good health and form please take a look at my Padmini S1 (floor shift) in the picture below.
It's my daily use car. I gave it an underbody anti rust coat, new paint, upholstery and a set of tubeless tyres last year.
Attached Thumbnails
The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-1467477837579.jpg  

jollyA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 14:23   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding keeping them in good health and form please take a look at my Padmini S1 (floor shift) in the picture below.
Wow! Your car is awesome!
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 14:48   #1498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Wow! Your car is awesome!
Dear Gowtham - yes, it looks very nice. After I put the 1100D aluminium grille on MH12LV6459, it will also look exactly same, what a pleasant coincidence! .

Dear JollyA - congratulations!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Attached Thumbnails
The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-img_5742.jpg  

The FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini Technical Information thread-img_5739.jpg  

DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 13:57   #1499
Senior - BHPian

Dhabhar.behram sir,
When was the padmini S1- deluxe BU launched?
Also did the NE gear box came in any other padmini model other than S1?
Old 5th July 2016, 14:51   #1500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
When was the padmini S1 deluxe BU launched?
Also did the NE gear box came in any other padmini model other than S1?
Dear Ajay99 - Padmini S1 cars were launched in end 1992, beginning 1993. Initially, non-AC cars were launched, subsequently after a "very stormy and argumentative meeting" () around the proposed AC car, after completing the integration of cross flow radiator cooling system with AC, then AC cars were finally launched in end 1993. The critical path was convincing the people that it was possible to package the new cooling system aggregates with AC, and also enable replacement of the AC compressor belt without dismantling the cooling system. This called for development of a completely new aluminium elbow, which was done in gravity die casting and a new hose which was easy to do as the mandrel was simple. Testing was done simultaneously and the program was monitored perfectly. To eliminate hot weather stalling, fuel system integration was changed with the fuel filter plumbed on the delivery side of the fuel pump, mounted at 19 degrees to the strut angle. There were only a handful of non-S1 engine cars with the NISSAN transmission, most were R&D prototypes. This was because the NISSAN flywheel and clutch engineering / integration was not done with the normal engine. The very first such R&D prototype car with column shift with transmission mounting inside the tunnel was MH03A60, in blue color.

I remember every single detail, as if it all happened yesterday. We were very strong in vehicle integration and vehicle evaluation, as we had access to the original FIAT engineering guidelines, which we religiously used. We also imbibed the Japanese way of working of NISSAN, due to the 118NE project. I use these guidelines even today! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks