Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2012, 21:20   #961
BHPian

Re: Classic Volkswagens in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
Sometime around mid Dec the early 60's VW Beetle will be ready when I shall post the pics
Any updates on the Beetle sir?
Old 13th February 2012, 07:23   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
Any updates on the Beetle sir?
Please view my Thread "PHOTOS OF MY CARS" The picture of the Beetle is there & the comments as well.
Old 13th February 2012, 23:39   #963
Senior - BHPian

She's been in town for a while now, looks she a got fresh coat ( clementine orange)
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-photo0099.jpg  

Old 21st February 2012, 16:34   #964
Senior - BHPian

Unseen rare type of VW turn signal indicators, dont know which country it was in vogue
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-lange.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-lange3.jpg  

Old 23rd February 2012, 22:01   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
Unseen rare type of VW turn signal indicators, dont know which country it was in vogue
I have always found these type of indicators fascinating!
Here's a capture from an early 50's German accessory brochure, showing the same indicators.

Interestingly the same brochure also shows an accessory indicator / repeater that is meant to replace trafficators! I suppose in the 1950s, trafficators were starting to look old-fashioned and repeaters / indicators were in vogue!

Classic Volkswagens in India-long_001.jpg

I have also seen these extra-long indicators in accessory brochures for other German cars like the NSU Prinz. So this was probably a popular accessory in Germany.

The picture that you have provided has one indicator with a half clear / half amber lens. I have seen some Italian light accessories with half clear / half amber indicators. This could've been a transport regulation in Italy?
thebulletboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 22:12   #966
BANNED

Presenting a car that i HELPED RESTORE.

Thanks to Pankaj - thebulletBoy (Jalopy Fame) to help me with loads and loads of parts for this particular Super Beetle.

The Paint shade is 100% my 67 Beetle Shade, and even that was Sent from Bangalore to Dimapur
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-dsc00182.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-dsc00183.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 21:05   #967
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted by a friend in Bombay. I remember this car as a child in Pune.

Classic Volkswagens in India-000.jpg

Classic Volkswagens in India-0000.jpg
Old 21st March 2012, 02:16   #968
BHPian

Re: Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India

Hi..!!!

I just came across this thread today and thought of posting these few pics that I clicked way back in June 2010. Since I save my archives It wasn't difficult for me to retrieve it.

My knowledge of Vintage cars is limited so I wouldn't like to speculate a lot but all I'd like to say is that It LOOKS like a vintage Volkswagen Beetle though the iconic VW logo isn't seen anywhere.

I saw this car lying in doldrums in a lane off Kumthekar Road , Pune (Near Star Xerox / DG Copiers). I was interning with a CA Firm on that road then and was out for lunch when I saw this. Couldn't help but clicked these pics. I have no other details.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-29062010239.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-29062010240.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-29062010241.jpg  

arrowaby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 11:38   #969
BHPian

It's a 60's Beetle, I think a '63 model (No Wolfsburg crest, smaller "nose cone" number plate light).
The bodywork looks to be in decent(easily restorable) shape besides the slightly dented fenders. I hope it's being restored now.
Old 21st March 2012, 21:25   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Hi..!!!
My knowledge of Vintage cars is limited so I wouldn't like to speculate a lot but all I'd like to say is that It LOOKS like a vintage Volkswagen Beetle though the iconic VW logo isn't seen anywhere.

I saw this car lying in doldrums in a lane off Kumthekar Road , Pune (Near Star Xerox / DG Copiers). I was interning with a CA Firm on that road then and was out for lunch when I saw this. Couldn't help but clicked these pics. I have no other details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
It's a 60's Beetle, I think a '63 model (No Wolfsburg crest, smaller "nose cone" number plate light).
The bodywork looks to be in decent(easily restorable) shape besides the slightly dented fenders. I hope it's being restored now.
This car has been featured before on another thread. Owner is unknown, or doesn't want to sell.

Since this is a june 2010 photograph I presume the condition is worse off now!

Arrowaby:- I guess you missed seeing the VW logo on the top part of the bonnet, which is clearly visible in your photograph.

Last edited by kevinephraim : 21st March 2012 at 21:26.
Old 21st March 2012, 21:42   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
This car has been featured before on another thread. Owner is unknown, or doesn't want to sell. Since this is a june 2010 photograph I presume the condition is worse off now! Arrowaby:- I guess you missed seeing the VW logo on the top part of the bonnet, which is clearly visible in your photograph.
oh yeah. Perhaps Its the logo up there. I just couldn Take my eyes off This car. Back in the time i didn't even have a car nor was i even a member of This forum. But that car might have had So many memories attached wit it. Anyways, there s another vintage car owned by a medical shop owner in ajmera in Pimpri near the Marthoma church. I'll try to get a pic of it when i go there. The owner still uses it.
Old 21st March 2012, 22:23   #972
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just came across this thread today and thought of posting these few pics that I clicked way back in June 2010. Since I save my archives It wasn't difficult for me to retrieve it.

Quote:
This car has been featured before on another thread. Owner is unknown, or doesn't want to sell.

Arrowaby:- I guess you missed seeing the VW logo on the top part of the bonnet, which is clearly visible in your photograph.
As kevin has pointed out, the VW logo on the top of the bonnet is a tell-tale sign that it is a VW...and the shape is never mistaken- it IS a beetle!

Classic Volkswagens in India-beetle.jpg

I too remember seeing pics. of this car before. Its a pity if the owner wont sell it even at this stage!

Sad to see a decent, original car falling apart like this!
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:35   #973
BHPian

Quote:

Since this is a june 2010 photograph I presume the condition is worse off now!

I happen to see the car only last week. Its pretty much in the same condition. Thanks to the pune weather..
Old 22nd March 2012, 12:28   #974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi..!!!

This car has been offered for sale quite a few times by a dealer. I do not know if it is actually for sale. This person has a habit of sending pictures of car's that are not actually for sale and he says that they are for sale. There was one such incident where he sent me pictures of one of our cars only saying its for sale and another time he sent me pictures of a forum member's car saying its for sale when they were both not actually for sale.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 22nd March 2012 at 12:29.
Old 22nd March 2012, 12:36   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
This car has been offered for sale quite a few times by a dealer. I do not know if it is actually for sale. This person has a habit of sending pictures of car's that are not actually for sale and he says that they are for sale. There was one such incident where he sent me pictures of one of our cars only saying its for sale and another time he sent me pictures of a forum member's car saying its for sale when they were both not actually for sale.
Hahaha..!! I can only laugh at This. Some people are So jobless. What pleasure do they derive From doing such things? When i saw This car it was not lying on the road. It was lying in the corridor between two closely built buildings of the Peth areas.So if u walked past the road people wouldnt even notice This beauty lying there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks