Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 23:11   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I had recieved some similar pix and some info on a split from a friend some time back. Another Bhpian and I tried a lot to locate it, but had no luck. What i heard is its in a place in kerala, but the pic i recieved had a different background. But the color of the van was similar. Are you sure this pic is not a PS job??
Why dont you share your pic and we can compare?
Old 11th April 2009, 23:19   #92
BHPian

I didnt know much about the VW brand till...

I was in Goa when Mumbai was hit with the worst floods, the bumper of the Skoda (Evo6's) had got some damage which needed to be repaired immidiately, we took it to a dealer and there we came across a VW van and some immaculately maintained beeteles. The pics are on this forum but couldnt find them. I think that the VW is one of the most long lasting brands. Atleast the cars that I saw at the parking lot of the Skoda workshop in Goa made me believe in it.

Amit.
Old 11th April 2009, 23:20   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Why dont you share your pic and we can compare?
Yeah, will do. Have to search for it though. Gotta search my old HDD's.
Old 11th April 2009, 23:52   #94
BHPian

Here is the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-downpour.html

Amit
Old 12th April 2009, 01:18   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboholic View Post
I think that the VW is one of the most long lasting brands. Atleast the cars that I saw at the parking lot of the Skoda workshop in Goa made me believe in it. Amit.
Hi Turboholic,

In the travelogue (from the given link of your subsequent post after the above), you mention, and I quote, "the Skoda dealer in Goa who is in the middle of a field between the the Panjim and Mapusa ..." Now, isn't he the same person, Mr. Avelar, who lived on Altinho Hill, Panjim and also ran his VW works from there? Is his Skoda workshop at another location now?

Cheers,

Prabal
Old 12th April 2009, 11:35   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Hi Turboholic,

In the travelogue (from the given link of your subsequent post after the above), you mention, and I quote, "the Skoda dealer in Goa who is in the middle of a field between the the Panjim and Mapusa ..." Now, isn't he the same person, Mr. Avelar, who lived on Altinho Hill, Panjim and also ran his VW works from there? Is his Skoda workshop at another location now?

Cheers,

Prabal
Some years back I had visited his residence as well as workshop, now quite a distance away. He had interesting toys at both places though
Old 12th April 2009, 19:54   #97
BHPian

We went there in March this year and although was all locked uo managed to get these two pics from the fence.You will notice that the green Bay window ,which i belive is a westphila Camper is still parked there outside.
Although there were several other cars there they were covered over apart from this beetle.neither are good pics but at least the VWs are still
there
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-plll.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 26th April 2009, 20:03   #98
BHPian

Beetle available in GOA is it worth buying ?

Hi,

I have been a Beetle fan since childhood. My dad had a Beetle when I was born and it was with him untill I was 9. I have been searching for a Beetle for quite some time. Today I got an e-mail from a Beetle owner who is in Dubai and he is selling his Beetle 1302 which is now in Goa.

According to him, the car is fully renovated with brand new imported spare parts. Cylinder block, cylinder heads, piston and liners, all the engine bearings and seals, carburetor alternator, distributer all are replaced and the car has a reconditioned gearbox imported from Dubai. It has new tyres and tube, Sony CD player, power subwoofer with power amp, paradigm speakers and many more barand new spare parts. And the asking price is 500,000.

Experts, I need your valuable inputs, is it worth buying ?? What about the price ??

Picture is attached below..
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-vw1302.jpg  

Old 26th April 2009, 20:30   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Cute car it looks! Quite a tempting offer.I feel this is an mid 1970's model.Would like you to see how much the engine, dash and body ornamentation are original.As you are surely aware originality and price are interrelated for classics and vintages.
I am not aware of VW Beetle ruling prices but there are many friends including harit and pavankadam who can provide better inputs.
Old 26th April 2009, 20:38   #100
Senior - BHPian

I feel 5L is bit on the higher side.you should negitiate to 3.5L
Old 26th April 2009, 20:40   #101
BHPian

PM PavanKadam.He is your man for this.
Old 26th April 2009, 20:50   #102
Senior - BHPian

The BUG does not look too original. Check the side steps, the rear bumper and the rear view mirrors.

PAVANKADAM is the expert on BEETLES. Get an opinion from him before you make up your mind. He is very helpful
Old 26th April 2009, 21:04   #103
BHPian

Thanks anjan_c2007, hillram, TheARUN.

I have asked the seller to send me more pics and info. Also if the price is negotible, waiting for his reply.
Old 26th April 2009, 21:33   #104
BHPian

He says its a 1600 /1970 and he has spend more then 6 lakhs on it. He will give away new extra spares like Bosch Germany 12 Volts alternator, engine bearing sets, Bocar carburetor, engine overhauling gasket sets and many more, also a used spare engine and suspension free.

Front bumper in the pic is not original but he said he has brand new unused spare bumper which will also go with the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-vw-13022.jpg  

Old 26th April 2009, 21:50   #105
Senior - BHPian

Just get a look at it personally, Have seen this one on the road, the engine sounds pretty good. I think this once from collection of seven cars. If your getting the spares mentioned than negotiate for around 4-4.5Lac.
But before committing please take a look at it. Goa is a coastal state and this means rust alot of it. which can be disguised using Bondo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks