Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2010, 22:52   #766
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw splitscreen View Post
Pavan,have you a pic of the rear of this splitty )
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
Rear pic of that Split:
Took the pic in August when i was in Bangalore.
Thank you Santaji,

It was nice having you come down to my house

Wish we were able to spend some more time, if not for your Dads meeting.

I will add some more pics for you vw Splitscreen...
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-img_0374.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-img_0388.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-p180610_14.43_01.jpg  

Classic Volkswagens in India-p180610_14.43.jpg  

Old 25th November 2010, 17:51   #767
BHPian

Thanks Guys for the pics its great to see the two buses in this condition,
makes a refreshing change,good work
Old 4th December 2010, 16:48   #768
BHPian

hello friends was just reading a British vw magazine and found a small article reading"IN SOUTHERN INDIA LIVED AN OLD RETIRED GENTLEMAN WHO OWNED A RIGHT HAND DRIVE 1957 OVAL WINDOW BEETLE AND RAN HIS OWN DRIVING SCHOOL.HE DECIDED TO MAKE HIS OWN DUAL CONTROL SYSTEM BUT WENT ONE STEP BETTER-NOT ONLY DID HE MAKE HIS OWN PEDAL SET-UP,HE ADDED TWO STEERING WHEELS TO HIS CAR BY FITTING TWO STEERING BOXES THAT WERE LINKED TOGETHER. ALTHOUGH THIS WAS A HOME MADE PROJECT,IT WORKED VERY WELL" isnt it interesting? and there is a black and white pic of that gentleman sitting in the oval, i will ask for the permission to scan and post that picture?
Old 5th December 2010, 12:10   #769
Senior - BHPian

VW BASKET WEAVE Seats

here is a photo of the original genuine VW basket weave seats
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-b9eolmwegkkgrhqjigeznzelq57bm5706jy_12.jpg  

Old 5th December 2010, 12:58   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
hello friends was just reading a British vw magazine and found a small article reading"IN SOUTHERN INDIA LIVED AN OLD RETIRED GENTLEMAN WHO OWNED A RIGHT HAND DRIVE 1957 OVAL WINDOW BEETLE AND RAN HIS OWN DRIVING SCHOOL.HE DECIDED TO MAKE HIS OWN DUAL CONTROL SYSTEM BUT WENT ONE STEP BETTER-NOT ONLY DID HE MAKE HIS OWN PEDAL SET-UP,HE ADDED TWO STEERING WHEELS TO HIS CAR BY FITTING TWO STEERING BOXES THAT WERE LINKED TOGETHER. ALTHOUGH THIS WAS A HOME MADE PROJECT,IT WORKED VERY WELL" isnt it interesting? and there is a black and white pic of that gentleman sitting in the oval, i will ask for the permission to scan and post that picture?
@inderpalgill: Sir, were you able to get permission to take and post the pictures?
Old 5th December 2010, 13:15   #771
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sirji, please go ahead and post the said article. It is purely for academical purposes, and just one small article, it should not be a problem, especially since you are giving the source of the information. I would really love to see, moreso considering that I have an Oval.
Old 5th December 2010, 13:59   #772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This car was lying in Panjim, Goa and was black in colour. In the 1970's during one of our trips to Goa, my brother saw this car and told me about it. I did NOT believe him, till I saw it a few days later myself.
Incidently, there is a Ford Model T in Bangalore with a similar setup, and there was a Vauxhall in Mumbai as well.

Cheers harit
Old 5th December 2010, 14:14   #773
Distinguished - BHPian

This lovely later Bug was seen in a rally a few years back in Pune. I believe it is still with the first owner.

Classic Volkswagens in India-scan0010.jpg

Classic Volkswagens in India-scan0009.jpg
Old 19th December 2010, 22:50   #774
BANNED

Re: Classic Volkswagens in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
This car was lying in Panjim, Goa and was black in colour. In the 1970's during one of our trips to Goa, my brother saw this car and told me about it. I did NOT believe him, till I saw it a few days later myself.
Incidently, there is a Ford Model T in Bangalore with a similar setup, and there was a Vauxhall in Mumbai as well.

Cheers harit
I think you are talking about this car Harit Sir....! Well, i am hoping, if i will be able to get this fellow back on the road running soon.

BTW, can anyone enlighten me , on how to get the old paint codes matched with the present paints available. Example being L97 - Pearl white (non metallic shade) used in 1960 - 1963 Beetles. How do i get the same shade in Dupont or Standox.....
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Volkswagens in India-imag_0872.jpg  

Old 19th December 2010, 23:28   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
This lovely later Bug was seen in a rally a few years back in Pune. I believe it is still with the first owner.

Attachment 464425

Attachment 464424
Karl,

was this the one owned by the kauls in pune?
Old 20th December 2010, 11:44   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I think you are talking about this car Harit Sir....! Well, i am hoping, if i will be able to get this fellow back on the road running soon.

BTW, can anyone enlighten me , on how to get the old paint codes matched with the present paints available. Example being L97 - Pearl white (non metallic shade) used in 1960 - 1963 Beetles. How do i get the same shade in Dupont or Standox.....
hi, i have recently painted my 61 beetle in original shade s twin paint names sea blue and lotus white , i simply talked to my paint vendor and he offered me the sample and it was exact he used glasurit paint and the codes match exactly, will be posting pics shortly
Old 20th December 2010, 12:13   #777
Senior - BHPian

Saw an old VW sedan on elevated way today. Blue colour TN registered, No idea about the model, but it was doing 80-100 speed effortlessly.
Old 20th December 2010, 12:49   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Saw an old VW sedan on elevated way today. Blue colour TN registered, No idea about the model, but it was doing 80-100 speed effortlessly.
ANY pics? or can you be a little more elaborate when you say VW sedan? you could try the forum for lookalikes and the senior members here will definitely help.
Old 26th December 2010, 12:10   #779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Kadam, musn't tease - I see heart taillights, more pics please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Karl,

was this the one owned by the kauls in pune?
Nope, this car was/is owned by a Captain. The Kaul's car was original yellow, but painted red for many years and is the best 66 I have ever seen. Also single owner. I first saw it in 1996 at my school where Mrs. Kaul taught me Hindi.
Old 26th December 2010, 13:55   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, this car was/is owned by a Captain.
Merchant Navy?

Quote:
The Kaul's car was original yellow, but painted red for many years and is the best 66 I have ever seen. Also single owner.
I first saw it in 1996 at my school where Mrs. Kaul taught me Hindi.
Hahahaha.... fellow vincentian! And I had been seeing it in my school days when it was still yellow and pristine!

Last edited by GTO : 28th December 2010 at 09:57. Reason: STRICTLY no SMS language please. Making corrections to your post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks