Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 17:20   #361
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
just let me know if you nead new hub caps as i have a source for new ones

Sirjee, "Neki aur puch puch"

I would love to get 1 for each wheel (Set of 4)

Please let me know how i can lay my hands on them
Old 18th September 2009, 19:13   #362
BANNED

Now for some ICE ICE BABY

Budget DIY ICE DVD player and a 7" screen in its nascent stage.

1) 7" screen= Had it at home since last 2 yrs unused
2) DVD Player = My home DVD player powered by the Bus UPS
3) RC Cables =Used the one's Satya from EVO pulled it out of my DiCOR to install new ones.

Next stage:

1) Set of round Speakers(Blaupunkt) = Was removed from my M-800 years ago
2) Set of Oval Speakers (Kenwood) = Same, came out of my M-800
3) Sony 2 Ch amp = Again comes out of my M-800

Till this stage , my costing still remains "0"

Only for the wiring i need to spend some money. he he...

Presently "0" costing.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-p180909_18.39.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 18th September 2009, 19:27   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Now for some ICE ICE BABY
now begins pimping the 'bus. keep it going. seems like you can never end your obsession of the 'bus.
Old 18th September 2009, 23:57   #364
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
now begins pimping the 'bus. keep it going. seems like you can never end your obsession of the 'bus.
Not obsession buddy.

The whole design is being planned in such a way that, when we take this thing out for a looooong drive,

I need my family to have the comfort = already achieved by overhauling the complete suspension, and cushioning the existing seats.
Few essentials required = Got the UPS, to start the coffee/Tea maker, run DVD's, maybe i'll add small Fans inside later.

Working on a canopy and roof carrier, lets see how long will i take to do it.

All in all, i need this fella to run like a tank but comfortably, giving a Home Away from Home feeling.
Old 19th September 2009, 15:21   #365
BHPian

Pavan please update me about any upcoming events especially the vw ones in or aroung Bangalore
Old 20th September 2009, 08:30   #366
BHPian

I got to drive Pavan's VW Bus yesterday. It was a fantastic experience as I have always wanted to own/drive one. The Bus is mechanically very sound and one can drive it effortlessly. Also, I did not expect the air-cooled engine to pull so well. Especially because it is the same engine used in the much lighter Beetle. The LHD may take some getting used to, but I own a LHD Willys, so was easy.

Some interesting things to share:
a) I was driving on a flyover near my house and suddenly I spot a yellow Microbus. First reaction was "Wow!!" and then "Where is the driver, I can't see anyone?". Then I see Pavan on the LHS
b) Pavan and I planned to meet up at my place in the next few hours. I tell my wife "Pavan is coming home. Guess what? He is coming in the bus!!" to which my wife says "Why? He has so many vehicles, why does he need to come by bus?"..lol
c) While I was driving the bus, I took a right turn (somewhat blind turn) and less than 30 meters away, a bus(public transport) was coming down the road in full speed that too on the wrong side. I looked at the driver and he was not looking at the road. I honked and the "Jalwa" horn immediately caught his attention. He turned the bus away, otherwise Pavan's classic microbus would have been a micro-bus.

All in all, great effort Pavan. Well Done!!
Old 20th September 2009, 23:35   #367
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
I got to drive Pavan's VW Bus yesterday. It was a fantastic experience as I have always wanted to own/drive one. The Bus is mechanically very sound and one can drive it effortlessly. Also, I did not expect the air-cooled engine to pull so well. Especially because it is the same engine used in the much lighter Beetle. The LHD may take some getting used to, but I own a LHD Willys, so was easy.

Some interesting things to share:
a) I was driving on a flyover near my house and suddenly I spot a yellow Microbus. First reaction was "Wow!!" and then "Where is the driver, I can't see anyone?". Then I see Pavan on the LHS
b) Pavan and I planned to meet up at my place in the next few hours. I tell my wife "Pavan is coming home. Guess what? He is coming in the bus!!" to which my wife says "Why? He has so many vehicles, why does he need to come by bus?"..lol
c) While I was driving the bus, I took a right turn (somewhat blind turn) and less than 30 meters away, a bus(public transport) was coming down the road in full speed that too on the wrong side. I looked at the driver and he was not looking at the road. I honked and the "Jalwa" horn immediately caught his attention. He turned the bus away, otherwise Pavan's classic microbus would have been a micro-bus.

All in all, great effort Pavan. Well Done!!
Mutual admiration club buddy, need i mention that i was blown by your Home theatre, must commend on the work you've done.

And not to forget that startled 2 wheeler guy seeing me (RHS) in anger,when sitting in the driver's seat (LHS)you honked that Jalwa

My total of 100 kms yesterday was really fruitful, glad the Bus made it through such heavy traffic in hot humid weather and in the evening rains sans the wiper
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:19   #368
BHPian

dear pavan please let me know how did you manage the the window rubbers,with which car are they common?
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:23   #369
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
dear pavan please let me know how did you manage the the window rubbers,with which car are they common?
The window rubbers suit from the Maruti-Van. but its 2 mm big than the original rubber beadings, you can install them as they are the closest available and will serve the purpose, not to forget, easily available.

Some more pics of running the bus all across Bangalore City, Drove , and drove 1 meter at my house gates, the engine belt gives way

Not a big issue anyways, The belt was not a suited one, replaced this morning and problem solved.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-p190909_11.40.jpg  

Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-p190909_12.02.jpg  

Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-image0439.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 22nd September 2009, 21:19   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some more pics of running the bus all across Bangalore City,.
Pavan, your 'bus looks sweet. So when is Mr Rudra Sen getting his hand on your 'bus. time we saw his magic and sooner than later, a thumbnail image on the top of the page!!
Old 25th September 2009, 21:51   #371
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Pavan, your 'bus looks sweet. So when is Mr Rudra Sen getting his hand on your 'bus. time we saw his magic and sooner than later, a thumbnail image on the top of the page!!
Not yet spoken to rudra sir buddy.

Still lots to complete, will finish and then take his time

Side ORVM's / Mudflaps / right wheel hub caps / chrome trims... etc., etc., OMG, still lots to do and so less money.
Old 26th September 2009, 08:12   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not yet spoken to rudra sir buddy.

Still lots to complete, will finish and then take his time

Side ORVM's / Mudflaps / right wheel hub caps / chrome trims... etc., etc., OMG, still lots to do and so less money.
like they say, god is in the details and the finer details take the most pain. keep it going.
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:50   #373
BANNED

Some more pics, for updates.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-p191009_13.54.jpg  

Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-p191009_16.07.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2009, 13:35   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i still insist you need a good photo shoot of your VW's.
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:34   #375
BHPian

Quote:
What about the rear rubber...the one on the boot lid? Is that from Maruti Van too?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks