Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2011, 11:48   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevkanjoor View Post
By the by, please find some snaps of my newly acquired Mark 2.Please inform me whether the tail lights has to be changed like mark 1.The owner gave me a set of spare mark 1/OHV tail lights and original meters.It has a BMC Diesel engine mated with Isuzu gearbox and an AC.The only thing pending will be the Metal glass beading.
Congratulations on a good looking car, even if dieselised. The whitewalls look brand new - I need 2 sets, can you assist me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
As far as I know, the "mark II" writing will only be on the left and right fenders. It moved to the rear only from Mark 3. I think you should remove that from the rear.
I think earlier Mk 2s had the two badges on the fenders, and later cars moved to the boot. I would think Sanjeev's car is an early model (can you tell us which year?) and therefore should probably have the side badges. Subject to correction.
Old 11th March 2011, 14:22   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Congratulations on a good looking car, even if dieselised. The whitewalls look brand new - I need 2 sets, can you assist me?

I think earlier Mk 2s had the two badges on the fenders, and later cars moved to the boot. I would think Sanjeev's car is an early model (can you tell us which year?) and therefore should probably have the side badges. Subject to correction.
It's a 1968 model and the car has badges on the fenders and the dickey also.Now should i remove any thing?
Old 11th March 2011, 15:16   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's a 1968 model and the car has badges on the fenders and the dickey also.Now should i remove any thing?
the badge should be on the boot and not on the fender. Gurus correct me if i'm wrong.

also I don't see the indicator switch on the steering wheel...is it removed?
Old 11th March 2011, 15:36   #484
BHPian

Badges should be on the fenders. I have a 68 Mark II and this is how it has, correct me.

Seems like the ignition switch is the original one with lights knob around the ignition switch, am I right? Does this kind of isnition has pull-to-start or push-to-start switch? I think you should get rid of the steering mounted combination switch too and put original indicator switch.

@karlosdeville - I'm on look out for the wide white walled tyres too. I too need one or two sets as I have a Landy, Mark I and Mark II. Let me know if you find these tyres.
Old 11th March 2011, 17:19   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Badges should be on the fenders. I have a 68 Mark II and this is how it has, correct me.

Seems like the ignition switch is the original one with lights knob around the ignition switch, am I right? Does this kind of isnition has pull-to-start or push-to-start switch? I think you should get rid of the steering mounted combination switch too and put original indicator switch.

@karlosdeville - I'm on look out for the wide white walled tyres too. I too need one or two sets as I have a Landy, Mark I and Mark II. Let me know if you find these tyres.
Thanks for the info. All points noted and will be done!
Vinay and Karlosdeville-My guys say that the MRF dealer's at my place had told them that they can order and bring whitewall for amby.I will let you know the exact details within a couple of days.
Old 11th March 2011, 17:43   #486
BHPian

That will be great Sanjeev. Will look forward for your update. The white wall tyres dramatically change the look of old cars and they are the ones I badly miss on all my cars.
Old 11th March 2011, 20:33   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

Sanjeev Congratulations on your new buy-the 1968 Ambassador. The two badges " Mark II " used to be on the front left and right fenders. Around 1970-71, when they changed the dash to the brown sunmica- aluminium combination, the Mark II badge was shifted to the right side of the rear boot.The fender badges were discontinued.
This is a 1973 example:-
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-dsc05810.jpg

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-dsc05811.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 11th March 2011 at 20:40.
Old 11th March 2011, 21:31   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Remove the dicky badge as this seems like the owner was too enthusiastic, Mby had badges either on fenders or dicky alone and not the way you have it. Regards....
Old 19th March 2011, 18:28   #489
BHPian

Just came across in my collection this horde rushing for passengers in front of the busy Howrah Junction.
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-img_5579.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2011, 19:59   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Ambassadors clicked last week during my Kolkata trip;
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-dsc07176.jpg
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-dsc07177.jpg
This WBJ Amby (originally a Mark II) is performing its last journey for getting broken. It was a 1968/9 model basically but was turned into a Mark 3. The dash was also of the black kind with the speedo, ammeter, temp, oil and fuel gauges of the older Amby Deluxe.I could presume that this car must have had the best of loving care in the 1970's, as it was modded then and later perhaps it was used and used.
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-dsc07178.jpg
A taxi being broken into pieces
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-dsc07194.jpg
A Mark 4 rotting near the Gariahat square
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-dsc07213.jpg
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-dsc07214.jpg
Another taxi being taken for breaking. This should have been an early 1990's Amby which has been affected by the 15 plus year commercial vehicle ban.
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-dsc07215.jpg
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-dsc07216.jpg
This is an original dashboard of a 1974 Ambassador Mark II (WMB series).The car has quite original interiors but has the Mark 4 trimmings outside.The gentleman was kind enough to allow me to take pictures of the interiors (dash) that I liked the best.The warning lights cluster is not original.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 3rd May 2011 at 20:00.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 22:54   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Ambassadors clicked last week during my Kolkata trip;
Attachment 539619
Attachment 539620
This WBJ Amby (originally a Mark II) is performing its last journey for getting broken. It was a 1968/9 model basically but was turned into a Mark 3. The dash was also of the black kind with the speedo, ammeter, temp, oil and fuel gauges of the older Amby Deluxe.I could presume that this car must have had the best of loving care in the 1970's, as it was modded then and later perhaps it was used and used.
Attachment 539621
A taxi being broken into pieces
Attachment 539622
A Mark 4 rotting near the Gariahat square
Attachment 539623
Attachment 539624
Another taxi being taken for breaking. This should have been an early 1990's Amby which has been affected by the 15 plus year commercial vehicle ban.
Attachment 539625
Attachment 539626
This is an original dashboard of a 1974 Ambassador Mark II (WMB series).The car has quite original interiors but has the Mark 4 trimmings outside.The gentleman was kind enough to allow me to take pictures of the interiors (dash) that I liked the best.The warning lights cluster is not original.
Yes I think you are right ,look at the wiper parking positioniong ,
Old 19th May 2011, 12:30   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

As my Landmaster restoration progresses, I am looking for some detailed reference images/illustrations of the engine bay - I need to know where the coil, cutout, fuse box etc would fit. Can anybody assist? I simply cannot find any good images of a Morris Oxford engine bay even online. Thanks.
Old 19th May 2011, 16:48   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
As my Landmaster restoration progresses, I am looking for some detailed reference images/illustrations of the engine bay - I need to know where the coil, cutout, fuse box etc would fit. Can anybody assist? I simply cannot find any good images of a Morris Oxford engine bay even online. Thanks.
Karl, the only car that comes to mind will be Dr Anjan's car. Why dont you ask him to email you or upload in this thread some detailed pics of the engine bay of his car. Will be useful to us also.
egangsta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 22:46   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Karl, the only car that comes to mind will be Dr Anjan's car. Why dont you ask him to email you or upload in this thread some detailed pics of the engine bay of his car. Will be useful to us also.
Thanks egangsta for remembering your fellow HVOCT member's car.
In fact Karl and I are in touch with each other and pictures are on their way to his mailbox.
Old 21st May 2011, 16:07   #495
Senior - BHPian

The Landmaster is back !!

Hey, it seems like the good ol' Landmaster is set to make a comeback.
A scoop article by Autocar India shows a new "shortened" Amby in the offing. This would apparently put it in the "Sub- 4 metre" category, thereby attracting lower excise duty.

Check this out: (picture from Autocar India).
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Landy.bmp (263.1 KB, 409 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks