Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2008, 17:39   #226
BHPian

This thread is bringing back bad memories of Mclaren's thread,only difference being that people are now on other side of the fence.I even remember Mclaren's signature during that period which Steer has now summoned in a single word.
Again like Mclaren's story the other side is not giving any info.
More than the money lost,I think its the feeling of having cheated by someone whom you trusted HURTS like hell

Last edited by jraj : 2nd November 2008 at 17:40. Reason: more info
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:03   #227
BHPian

Act Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Yes there will be a new paint job. When and where is yet to be decided, but I'm going to see this through.
ACT IMMEDIATELY! Saw the car y'day in flesh. Rashes can be seen in almost all parts of the body! Well.. this may not be due to rusting of metal part... cud be something due to poor quality of workmanship and material used... surface protection coatings are missing in MANY - critical areas!.. everything here is mystry!!!! SO ACT FAST STEER!
THIS paint issue can be solved pretty easily I believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
There is nothing mysterious about the bubbles on the car, nikki has some pix which he'll put up, and all the doubts will be over.Else U are welcome to see the car anytime.
Well... I wud say to forget bout paint issues... there are many other major "contributions" of bangy session which has become near irrepairable now!
SAD!
Let me know incase if you want the pics I have steer!
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:09   #228
BANNED

Joz's post makes sense. I believe it is for the good of each and every bhpian if the names of the 2 highly infamous liars in team-bhp.
It will also help the credibility of the forum.
Steer, please! Or may I take the liberty?
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:26   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Again like Mclaren's story the other side is not giving any info. More than the money lost,I think its the feeling of having cheated by someone whom you trusted HURTS like hell
I think the phrase used in that thread for ignoring allegations is "gentlemanly behavior". Did you not coin that one Santosh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Joz's post makes sense. I believe it is for the good of each and every bhpian if the names of the 2 highly infamous liars in team-bhp.
Seriously, you should. If we can name every other tom, dick and harry who creates even minor irritations for our members, I dont understand the big deal in being more direct here.

Also, gives the "accused" a better way to join the thread and explain themselves.
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:29   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. Too many people have suffered because our collective reticence to name them. We have taken a multitude of dealers/companies to task for a whole lot less - our own dealership/ownership threads are full of them. Why then, must these names be withheld even after so many instances of fellow T-BHPians suffering - dare say some of it could have definitely been prevented if matters had come to light earlier! I think time has come to declare the facts for the common good of the forum!

Last edited by kb100 : 3rd November 2008 at 11:37.
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:33   #231
Team-BHP Support

Folks, if you must name, do so factually as follows:

X did this,
Y commited to .....,
Z did not.....
A charged me XXX when it was XXX-YYY elsewhere

Personal statements like - X is a lying fink, Y is a leech, Z is a real snake etc. will not be tolerated.

Name the actions
State the facts

and focus only on incidents relating to the Landmaster renovation. Do not bring other incidents into it.
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:17   #232
BHPian

All the names are in bold in the first post of the Landmaster Restoration thread itself. Isn't it? I think it is evident to all who is following both these threads.
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:22   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
All the names are in bold in the first post of the Landmaster Restoration thread itself. Isn't it? I think it is evident to all who is following both these threads.
See this is what happens when names are not disclosed. A few good men are also tarnished along with the bad ones. Please disclose details as soon as possible for the greater good of the forum.

Its about time details are given out, just like ajmat outlined.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 3rd November 2008 at 12:24.
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:37   #234
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
ACT IMMEDIATELY! Saw the car y'day in flesh. Rashes can be seen in almost all parts of the body! Well.. this may not be due to rusting of metal part... cud be something due to poor quality of workmanship and material used... surface protection coatings are missing in MANY - critical areas!.. everything here is mystry!!!! SO ACT FAST STEER!
Steer, going by the pictures and Nikki's post, I think the paint issue should also be taken care of immediately along with all the other things you are reworking on the car. I think it will be worth the trouble.

Can't a garage be sued for this kind of stuff? This is not a 20K or 30K job. This is a case where this entire racket cost Steer close to what a new Amby costs. Not to mention the mental agony caused. They definitely should be returning the money to the customer.
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:01   #235
Team-BHP Support

Unless there was proper billing and paperwork done, I don't think legal action is possible.
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:16   #236
BANNED

I have a computer printed bill/invoice of all the works done on the car till a few days before it's delivery.
Motorsmiths, it's owner and the so called service advisor (I have a photo proof of the notice informing about this from the garage notice board with the date) should be taken to court and punished suitably.
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:20   #237
Senior - BHPian

mmm....can see where this heading now. can't be a sperate thread just to keep this one focussed on the car project/progress alone? can't wait to see the project completed!!
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:20   #238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have a computer printed bill/invoice of all the works done on the car till a few days before it's delivery.
Motorsmiths, it's owner and the so called service advisor (I have a photo proof of the notice informing about this from the garage notice board with the date) should be taken to court and punished suitably.
Before you do this, the questions will be posed as follows!

Did you contact the vendor to rectify the faults after taking delivery?

Have you done any other work on the car after taking delivery which could affect the work done on thnis car?

I take no sides - only being a devils advocate
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:48   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
See this is what happens when names are not disclosed. A few good men are also tarnished along with the bad ones. Please disclose details as soon as possible for the greater good of the forum.
In many such cases, people involved are popular on the forum, and I am sure you understand that it is not easy to name people who still have the trust of many senior members of the forum. Of course, this is just my best guess at why Steeroid has chosen not to name the guys involved.

Just look at the earlier dark side threads, and see how most of the forum members end up tearing apart the guy who is complaining, and you will understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I take no sides - only being a devils advocate
@ Steeroid, see, as long as you have people like Ajmat who are completely neutral watching the thread, please dont be afraid to post the details.
Old 3rd November 2008, 14:19   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
In many such cases, people involved are popular on the forum, and I am sure you understand that it is not easy to name people who still have the trust of many senior members of the forum. Of course, this is just my best guess at why Steeroid has chosen not to name the guys involved.
What I am only able to guess based on the other dark side threads and this one is that that, its the same people who are involved in these things, so that is a repeat offense. I like to believe that the forum has always being honest about everything, so why make a exception now. Like I have said before, for greater good of the forum, the details and names be revealed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed