Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2008, 20:50   #16
BHPian

[quote=S.B.Jatti;974678]
Quote:
Originally Posted by captag1 View Post
You do-not need to take one set of wheels. All they want is one origianl rim, with one nut or stud whatever is applicable. The rim is required for measuring the correct PCD and the wheel nut / stud for them to see the size and thread, enabling them to make the same in Chrome Finish.

S.B.Jatti
The Wire wheels are manufactured, and they do-not use the old rims. In fact the original rim is only taken by Wheels India for specs and returned along with the new set of wire wheels. You are correct ,they used to cost about 30k till last year. I understand they have revised the prices.
S.B.Jatti.
Old 10th November 2009, 11:39   #17
BHPian

Standard Herald

I am looking to find a wheel (for spare), chrome hub caps, original handle that goes on the bonnet and the turn switch cluster at the steering wheel and petrol tank cap for my 1960 Standard Herald. I appreciate inputs and leads.

Srivathsa Satya
Old 10th November 2009, 11:49   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srivathsa_Satya View Post
I am looking to find a wheel (for spare), chrome hub caps, original handle that goes on the bonnet and the turn switch cluster at the steering wheel and petrol tank cap for my 1960 Standard Herald. I appreciate inputs and leads.
Hubcaps should be identical to Amby units. Go to your nearest HM dealer for genuine stuff, should last better. I'm using them on my Standard 10, they've lasted well.
Old 10th November 2009, 17:15   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I'm using them on my Standard 10, they've lasted well.
I thought you were using the used Gazel ones you bought from jeep garage a few years ago?
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2009, 17:24   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I thought you were using the used Gazel ones you bought from jeep garage a few years ago?
Those were removed years ago. I'm more comfortable using Amby units as they are easily available and look very close to the originals. The Gazel ones are safely retained for special occassions and future projects.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks