BHPian

Amol,

Good luck with the resto. I am sure this one will be top notch

Vijay
Old 17th October 2008, 23:23   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael schume View Post
Did not know that, and also that you were into Unos.
Mol very a nice thread indeed, theres lots to learn from this one.

I wish you well.
U-no, No I know now Michaelschume, would be a regular visitor of this thread.
dont ask me why.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:40   #33
BHPian

How's it going?

Amol, whats the latest update on MTP 8389? Has there been any progress on the the tinwork. Please take stage wise photos on the tin work process from BIG Headlights to SMALL ORIGINAL ones, as they may be very handy to us, for future conversions to Originality.

Last edited by President : 21st October 2008 at 21:46.
Old 22nd October 2008, 20:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Amol, whats the latest update on MTP 8389? Has there been any progress on the the tinwork. Please take stage wise photos on the tin work process from BIG Headlights to SMALL ORIGINAL ones, as they may be very handy to us, for future conversions to Originality.
Hi Ronnie, The tin work was to start yesterday, Dont worry I will be recording each and every stage for the process, I am waiting to get the chopped headlight pieces of a certain erstwhile millecento which I will use as a basis to restore the fender back to its original shape.

I am also going to post some scans from the owners manual to pose some questions to the forum especially you also the colour chart to get the colour discussion started. Incidentally Glasurit was the original supplier for the Elegant, my paint guy has already started retreiving Glasurit's paint codes for the elegant which I will post seperately.
Old 31st October 2008, 23:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Colour Discussion

Okay guys back from my trip to Goa, and here are the fresh scans of ICI Duco paint charts from 1960 Hopefully this will get the colour discussion started.
Can The veterans here identify colours that they know were offered on elegants.
Attached Images

the mole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2008, 00:36   #36
BHPian

Great too see this thread!
Had my 59' models floor replaced twice in 15 years because of rust, make sure u get some serious anti rust job done for the floor, doors and piping under the doors.
Just checked with dad and learnt that the our 56 model's floor was replaced in '88 too.

EDIT: Glad too see the windsheild beading there.

Last edited by gendarmee : 1st November 2008 at 00:38.
Old 1st November 2008, 00:52   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Great too see this thread!
Had my 59' models floor replaced twice in 15 years because of rust, make sure u get some serious anti rust job done for the floor, doors and piping under the doors.
Just checked with dad and learnt that the our 56 model's floor was replaced in '88 too.

EDIT: Glad too see the windsheild beading there.
we use Atleast around 10 Packets of grease and Engine oil to lubricate the insides of out cars. The grease is STILL leaking out of 3112 and 4919
Old 1st November 2008, 01:26   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
we use Atleast around 10 Packets of grease and Engine oil to lubricate the insides of our cars. The grease is STILL leaking out of 3112 and 4919
Thats Neat!

Have noticed that the re-done flooring--tin work too catch rust quickly...so thot i'd type it out here.

Coz of the grease & pitch, our 118's doors,boot sides have zero rust. Pitch and grease job was done on delivery( gotta un plugg the door drain holes during the monsoon, after summer melts the grease down )
Didn't quite work with the floor of the FIATs some how, prolly the diesel the sprayed during servicing dissolved the pitch under the floor and mudguards.

After seeing this thead want too get my 56' model running too, it was completely done up in '88 and has been standing on jacks in the garage since '89, its is cranked once or twice in 6 months though.
Want too get running on the road now
Old 1st November 2008, 10:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After seeing this thead want too get my 56' model running too, it was completely done up in '88 and has been standing on jacks in the garage since '89, its is cranked once or twice in 6 months though.
Want too get running on the road now
More the merrier, why not post some images of your car so that we can see her current state. What colour would you paint her?
Old 1st November 2008, 13:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Awesome thread Amol. This is going to be a learning thread for me as the resto on my car should be starting soon. I shall be taking all the tips and pointers from this thread. Thanks for doing all the dirty work for me

Regarding the Pune Peacock Fiat, that colour is a doubtful shade. I ga=have a colour pic of the shade should have been but aftre all its still a painting and not a pic. Even I would have wanted to do my car in Black with cream rims but there are so many of these going around that another, similar coloured car will only merge in. To stand out from the rest of the pack I had decided and mentioned in some thread also, that my choice was the peacock blue, now thanks to you Amol, ill finally and probably get the correct shade. Keep up the god work my friend and ill just reap the fruits of your hard work

The Pune blue

Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-fiat18.jpg

The blue shade from my records

Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-edis800921.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
guys i have just aquired two of these extremely rare documents. Me and Karl will be converting these to PDF soon for the benifit of other 103E owners. But throughout this thread I will adding crossreferences to various chapters in these documents.
Thanks for sharing Amol. It is very rare that someone shares all this info for the benefit of everyone in the forum. Thanks for being so considerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
. If you need any assistance, just call me or Cyrus and we will certainly help in all ways possible. I am writing this because although you will certainly come out with a "period original" result, mechanically also the car must perform brilliantly where I can provide help, hence this suggestion.
Im in line Behram Bhai, whatever advice you have please make a Xerox of it and also send one to me.

Amols' and my project should be called the "1956 Dukkar Twins"
Old 1st November 2008, 18:54   #41
BHPian

The green is a couple shades darker than the Leaf green, from the duco list.Its frost(metallic) green though.
Remember seeing a green 1100 in an techni color hindi movie, cant find that scene but thought this(the attach.) could help a bit(isn't the close up day scene i was searching for)

For sentimental reasons, our 59' model was brush green and 56' model is black.Will post pics of the 56' model tonight.
Attached Images

Old 1st November 2008, 21:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The green is a couple shades darker than the Leaf green, from the duco list.Its frost(metallic) green though.
Remember seeing a green 1100 in an techni color hindi movie, cant find that scene but thought this(the attach.) could help a bit(isn't the close up day scene i was searching for)

For sentimental reasons, our 59' model was brush green and 56' model is black.Will post pics of the 56' model tonight.
So thats a begining, what movie is this? so to summarise we know they were

Peacock Blue
Frost (mettalic green)
Black

Which other colours come on Beheram and Roni we need you guys to chip in.
Old 1st November 2008, 22:35   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
So thats a begining, what movie is this?
It's not frost green, they refer to metallic as frost at times.
A couple shades darker than the leaf green + metallic, is what i meant..

It's from Kashmir Ki Kali, there's another movie where they show a guy driving out of a place in a green 1100, I'm searching for that scene will post as soon as (if) I find it.

How about black? look evergreen. here's a pic, not out car though (mine is exactly the same model)
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-2849129170_95d2ab2965.jpg  

Last edited by gendarmee : 1st November 2008 at 22:40. Reason: typo
Old 1st November 2008, 22:51   #44
Senior - BHPian

This is the Green which I plan to do my other Dukkar
Can anyone tell me if this was an original shade?

Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-fiat01g.jpg

Last edited by V-16 : 1st November 2008 at 22:57. Reason: adding pic
Old 1st November 2008, 23:17   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
This is the Green which I plan to do my other Dukkar
Can anyone tell me if this was an original shade?

Attachment 65588
No, it isn't original. Original is much lighter and a metallic shade.
Our brush green one was the similar shade, a touch brighter.
(now closest i could relate too the original is a green ninja on august edition of bike magazine not exactly the color of the bike but the part of the fairing 1/2 inch above the left hand bottom corner, its metallic version-( Extremely vague, i know. Will post a pic as soon as I'm home.)

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd November 2008 at 22:43.
gendarmee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks