Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2008, 10:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I am preferably looking for the yellow horn button that came on the Early elegants (pics of which have been posted earlier on this thread). But for now looks like I will have to settle for the later one.
Well this was a new input for me.
Old 26th November 2008, 21:16   #62
BHPian

Asked for the handles today, he also told me about this italian one available, it has a soft horn button with FIAT written on it and comes with a ring around it so, one can honk with the thumb with the hands on the steering, and fits into the regular slot wonder which car this one came on.
Old 27th November 2008, 00:13   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
he also told me about this italian one available, it has a soft horn button with FIAT written on it and comes with a ring around it so, one can honk with the thumb with the hands on the steering, and fits into the regular slot wonder which car this one came on.
I guess you're referring to this one?

Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-img_0870.jpg

This is not an italian on by any means (they came with only a black or cream ring I'm told), but an Indian repro of those.
I guess you'd seen this at Prabhat Auto., where I'd taken this pic.
Old 27th November 2008, 17:10   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I guess you're referring to this one?

Attachment 74185

This is not an italian on by any means (they came with only a black or cream ring I'm told), but an Indian repro of those.
I guess you'd seen this at Prabhat Auto., where I'd taken this pic.
No, like the one of those amby's horn kinds, centre button with a chrome ring attached.
I've asked a guy who works only on FIATs, if he sources it, it'd most probably be a used part.
He said he'd get the part tomm, so hopefully i can get a picture of it too.
Old 27th November 2008, 19:11   #65
BHPian

Just came back from the place, apparently the glass reservoir is available, he'll have too search for it.
About the handles, i assume you'd need both from the rear doors and for which side for the front?
The chrome beading for the doors can be sourced too he said.
I'll get a snap of the horn button tomorrow.
Old 27th November 2008, 20:19   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just came back from the place, apparently the glass reservoir is available, he'll have too search for it.
About the handles, i assume you'd need both from the rear doors and for which side for the front?
The chrome beading for the doors can be sourced too he said.
I'll get a snap of the horn button tomorrow.
thanks dude i need the rear door handles, and the driver side handle I managed to get a italian passenger side handle with a key. again thank you very very much
Old 27th November 2008, 21:10   #67
BHPian

Quote:
thanks dude i need the rear door handles, and the driver side handle I managed to get a italian passenger side handle with a key. again thank you very very much
I just asked for the parts, still yet to find a single one.
I hope the chap sources a few.

Another question for a people here, there is one RED Buck FIAT(fiat 500) for sale, condition is okay, needs a polish job, is kept covered, was last used 6 months ago a battery and inflated tyres would put it back onto the road.
And has had 3 owners, clear papers.
The seller is quoting 3.0 L, is that what the price is like these days?
Old 27th November 2008, 21:37   #68

Quote:

Another question for a people here, there is one RED Buck FIAT(fiat 500) for sale, condition is okay, needs a polish job, is kept covered, was last used 6 months ago a battery and inflated tyres would put it back onto the road.
3 Laks!!! you gotta be kidding me!! The prices should be around 1lk or something.
Old 27th November 2008, 21:46   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I remember hearing about this car too! So he still hasnt succeeded in selling it at that price!
Old 28th November 2008, 15:49   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think you can make a offer of between 1.5- 2lakhs if the car is complete and that means it has all the parts on it. Sometimes (no mostly) Its cheaper in the long run to buy a car that has everything (or almost everything) on it even if it costs a little more at that time. belive me the amount of time you will spend on searching for the parts later on will compensate for the higher price. But yeah 1.5 -2 lakhs seems reasonable.
Old 29th November 2008, 21:30   #71
BHPian

For the green shade, Check out oktober/november Auto India mag, show room section for the Green Ikon(pg 124) thats the exact green, scanning ruins the colour so cant do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I remember hearing about this car too! So he still hasnt succeeded in selling it at that price!
I've heard about it being in a building's parking, and that was year or two ago, and it still is right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
3 Laks!!! you gotta be kidding me!! The prices should be around 1lk or something.
Exactly! And says he wont sell it for a dime less.
He even brags of how people from the capital, Bombay and other cities wanting to buy the car plannig to come down to check it out, and how swarms of people follow the car and snap when they take it out for a ride.
Will get a pic or two soon.

Quote:
I think you can make a offer of between 1.5- 2lakhs if the car is complete and that means it has all the parts on it. But yeah 1.5 -2 lakhs seems reasonable.
I wasnt looking to buy it, but my mechie mentioned about that car, said that it wasn't in all that good condition as the owner claimed, the owner who i chanced to talk too later in the day said he wouldnt give it for a dime lesser than the quote, and will find a shoukeen chap sooner or later. He also mentioned how the car zips like a sports car, is in top notch condition, would require a little work on electricals and runs on a matador's carb.

I'm kind off shocked with the pricing, reminds me of how 2 good 500's were junked in the 80's which could have not been scrapped, but back then they werent really valued much.

Last edited by gendarmee : 29th November 2008 at 21:33.
Old 2nd December 2008, 21:52   #72
Senior - BHPian

And Body work continues

Hi guys this is a series of bodywork pics that i have taken of the car over the last 15 days or so, yeah yeah too lazy to download them from the camera. I made sure every nook and cranny was adressed you can see the panel below the dicky was opened up to rebuld the entire area thoroughly.

Also the passenger side doors and footboard has been restored with necessary patches. Today we got the coveted Carello Headlamps out of the boxes, to make sure the new rebuilt headlight openings in the fenders were correctly sized. I think the body work should take another 2 weeks or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-imag0088.jpg  

Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-imag0090.jpg  

Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-imag0105.jpg  

Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-imag0106.jpg  

Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-imag0107.jpg  

Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-imag0108.jpg  

Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-imag0109.jpg  

Old 2nd December 2008, 22:20   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today we got the coveted Carello Headlamps out of the boxes, to make sure the new rebuilt headlight openings in the fenders were correctly sized. I think the body work should take another 2 weeks or so.
Great. He seems to work fairly quick for a classic car. Please preserve that Carello box I see in the corner too.
Old 2nd December 2008, 22:22   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Great. He seems to work fairly quick for a classic car. Please preserve that Carello box I see in the corner too.
Ahh yes it has a inspection sticker inside from the 60's so i think this must be a replacement light, ofcourse the box goes into the museum.
Old 2nd December 2008, 23:45   #75

What is the Status on the Headlight Rings?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks