Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2008, 13:17   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
@Jayz, The first green looks good! What do u guys think about the two tone effect??

@ Salil, really liked both the two tones, can u work on a pic of my car??
Am uploading a couple of pix of my car so that the gurus can work on it.
JayD, Congrats on the Landmaster. It looks a rather original car.
My preference would be the light green on the third picture.
All the best !.
Old 19th October 2008, 16:05   #47
BHPian

Jaya check these pics, the other two are not green but the car does look good even in this shade.
Attached Thumbnails
My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-oxford_series_ii_rear.jpg  

My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-morris_oxford_series_ii_front.jpg  

My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-master02pj1.jpg  

Old 19th October 2008, 22:11   #48
BHPian

Congrats Jayd I am sure this will surely turn out to be another head turner in your stable.
Old 19th October 2008, 22:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

I'm going to have a couple of mirrors fitted on my fenders just like they have mounted them in the photographs below. I miss my ORVMS and seat belts every time I sit in the Land - the latter has now been taken care of, but I really need to plonk a couple of ORVMS somewhere.

JayD I suggest you do the same too. I'll get the mirrors from that cold, wet island if you want.
Old 26th October 2008, 10:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for not updating the thread guys, was stuck with exams. Anyways, the stripping of the car is complete and the first coat of primer has been applied. The putty work will start soon, followed by another coat of primer and then the paint.
Attached Thumbnails
My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-091020081788.jpg  

My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-091020081790.jpg  

My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-231020081813.jpg  

My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-231020081814.jpg  

Old 26th October 2008, 12:57   #51
BANNED

Good going, JayD!
We'll have to organise another big Landmaster meet soon it seems.
Old 26th October 2008, 13:59   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

ChettAn, 'hope your exams went well.

Good to see work progressing on the car already! One thing though- get the hubcaps off ASAP, and MORE IMPORTANTLY the tyres! Or atleast have them masked. Those are broad whitewalls, not too easy to get even for ambys/landys AFAIK.
The garage guys more often overlook this and let primer, dirty water and paint etc. fall all over them during the process!
Old 26th October 2008, 14:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Looks like it. Land 1 is landing in Cochin today for the last bits - it is already on the way.

BUT where are you? :0
Old 26th October 2008, 14:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Looks like it. Land 1 is landing in Cochin today for the last bits - it is already on the way.

BUT where are you? :0
Spoke to the guy now, Land 1 is in Alwaye, will reach soon.
Old 26th October 2008, 23:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Good going, JayD!
Yepp!!! Its gonna be a double meet this time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
ChettAn, 'hope your exams went well.

Good to see work progressing on the car already! One thing though- get the hubcaps off ASAP, and MORE IMPORTANTLY the tyres! Or atleast have them masked. Those are broad whitewalls, not too easy to get even for ambys/landys AFAIK.
The garage guys more often overlook this and let primer, dirty water and paint etc. fall all over them during the process!
exams were great!. I'll remove the wheelcaps ASAP. And regarding the tires, these ones are totally gone, and the whitewalls have been painted over so they are pretty much worthless!!

Have to manage a new set of broad whitewalls somehow!
Old 26th October 2008, 23:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

A lil something that we found out when the paint was being stripped. This colour was found on the inner part of the B pillar. The colour looks different in the pic, but is a lil more bluish in reality, could this be the original paint of the car?? Coz the painter thinks so, whereas, i dont think landys ever came in this colour!
Attached Thumbnails
My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-231020081818.jpg  

My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-231020081815.jpg  

Old 26th October 2008, 23:42   #57
BANNED

Quote:
A lil something that we found out when the paint was being stripped. This colour was found on the inner part of the B pillar. The colour looks different in the pic, but is a lil more bluish in reality, could this be the original paint of the car?? Coz the painter thinks so, whereas, i dont think landys ever came in this colour!

JayD,

Nice to see the progress on the landy.

I also see a champagne green color below the dark and light blue shade.
Old 27th October 2008, 08:42   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And regarding the tires, these ones are totally gone, and the whitewalls have been painted over so they are pretty much worthless!!
Have to manage a new set of broad whitewalls somehow!
I think you can get them, relatively easy compared to getting ones for the fiat etc. But I think they are available only in MRF.
Old 22nd November 2008, 14:30   #59
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE: The car is still getting its putty work done, the work was delayed thanks to some construction going on at the paintshop.

Some good news is that i've managed to obtain the front and rear windshield beadings, which have the chrome strip inside them, these are almost impossible to find these days!!!!
Old 22nd November 2008, 16:06   #60
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE: The car is still getting its putty work done, the work was delayed thanks to some construction going on at the paintshop.

Some good news is that i've managed to obtain the front and rear windshield beadings, which have the chrome strip inside them, these are almost impossible to find these days!!!!
appa!!! you rock man!!!
Get one more set for Landy1..! Atleast the chrome stuff!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks