Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

I know it sounds really silly to restore a taxi, but I am only doing it for the sake of my dad who turns 79 in 2 months time. Though he does not drive nowadays, he is really proud of his 1950 licence and renews it religiously.

Anybody here willing to help me with the birthday present for my dad? [/quote]

Friend I feel really glad about the centiment/respect you carry for your dad and the car. You almost made me emotional. I believe by the time I am typin or posting this message your car must have got done as you wanted it. I am sure your efforts come out as flying colours. Please PM me for any help we have fiats (unfortunate ones) turning down to the scrap yards in Hyderabad. We also have great gurus for you help. All the very best and whole heartedly wishing you GOOD LUCK !!
Old 3rd October 2009, 00:35   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Friend I feel really glad about the centiment/respect you carry for your dad and the car. You almost made me emotional. I believe by the time I am typin or posting this message your car must have got done as you wanted it. I am sure your efforts come out as flying colours.
Encouraging no doubt, chanu! But too late I'm afraid! If you read further in the last page, especially this post of his, he had mentioned that the fiat had been scrapped as per the law banning old taxis:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Friends,

My apologies for not updating this thread for a long time. We were unable to rescue the old car and finally had it scrapped on 18 March 2009.

The taxi had faithfully served on Mumbai roads for 4 decades. It was an emotional moment when they drove it to the scrapyard.
Old 4th October 2009, 15:12   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Encouraging no doubt, chanu! But too late I'm afraid! If you read further in the last page, especially this post of his, he had mentioned that the fiat had been scrapped as per the law banning old taxis:
Stanher Sorry I couldn't stop myself posting that previous comment after knowing abdriver's feelings, however feeling sad about the car being scrapped. I dont understand the logic behind the govt's rule of scrapping old vehicles. That's not the solution to curb pollution (non sense) if so, than what about vehicle which are not 15 yrs old but good enough in polluting the enviornment.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:47   #79
Senior - BHPian

Tough luck! May be you should look for a similar Fiat to re-ignite the passion within you.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:09   #80
BHPian

funkykar: Yes, I am looking for Fiats of the same vintage. Unfortunately, the ones I have found are either too un-original or dilapidated. Have found some good ones, but the owners are asking for too high a price. Maybe someday I will have enough Vitamin M.
abdriver2000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks