Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 14:08   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Speedy which part of India was the marriage you attended?

Yup, I too heard about the priest having it down south, and he didnt have resources to put petrol in his Jawa, let alone use the SL. Though speedy says Shillong. Hmmm. Wonder if it turns out to be along the lines of the SL in Indonesia?
Old 7th August 2007, 14:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

sorry v-16 as much as i'd like to share the information with you guys i cant do so. it is not in the south i can assure you. i heard of the dealer too in delhi. forget about the gullwing he does not even have a 80's sl.
Old 7th August 2007, 14:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
his father used to take the car for drives. my friend was not allowed to touch the car as he is rough in his driveing. it was immaculte his father had people from the mercedes old timer centre come down to service it with spares. in short karlos it was like kept in a showroom. the cars garage had marble flooring. need i say more
if you give me a clue, i will also buy a garage with marble flooring to keep the car
Old 7th August 2007, 14:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

karlos this was told to me by my friends father after much persuation to talk about the car. so i have no reason to doubt it. the priest was a foriegner. forgot which country he belonged to now. he did'nt have paper work to take the car back if i remember right.
Old 7th August 2007, 14:14   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

I suppose this is what she would have looked like. Am I right?

Old 7th August 2007, 14:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
if you give me a clue, i will also buy a garage with marble flooring to keep the car
scooby you can buy a garage and marble the flooring up anytime you want. but cant give u any clue either. have to respect his privacy.
Old 7th August 2007, 14:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

just change the white to cream karlos and you got the car
Old 3rd October 2007, 00:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

there is an exotic car wash in atlanta GA USA. besides which thres a gas station owned by my cousin.. i had visited his place a yr. ago and boy i felt tht i was in heaven. there were loads and loads of exotic machines.. visiting daily at tht car was. i saw loads of ferraris.. bentleys.. RRs etc.. and the high lights for me were a black f50, a red f40 , a red enzo and a black 300sl gullwing .. boy it looks awsome wid those doors open.. i had seen it myself.. its a real hot sight.!!
Old 3rd October 2007, 01:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
there is an exotic car wash in atlanta GA USA. besides which thres a gas station owned by my cousin.. i had visited his place a yr. ago and boy i felt tht i was in heaven. there were loads and loads of exotic machines.. visiting daily at tht car was. i saw loads of ferraris.. bentleys.. RRs etc.. and the high lights for me were a black f50, a red f40 , a red enzo and a black 300sl gullwing .. boy it looks awsome wid those doors open.. i had seen it myself.. its a real hot sight.!!
fx45 where are the pictures of the cars you saw at the car wash. i would love to see them.
Old 7th October 2007, 16:46   #40
BHPian

this gullwing... It was around in India till very recently. It was in Bombay i believe. There was no paperwork for the car and that is one of the reasons why it was the biggest secret. I believe the car has been taken out now...

This is what i've heard from a sort of reliable person... but i'm not sure!
let me knw if anyone knows better
Old 13th October 2007, 01:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

ok guys there was one SL gullwing in Shillong or North east or up north and belonged to a priest was exported as a tractor thru Kolkatta in 1980's and no other car neither in Mumbai or Delhi. Please correct all details on SL Gullwing 300
Old 16th October 2007, 10:03   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
ok guys there was one SL gullwing in Shillong or North east or up north and belonged to a priest was exported as a tractor thru Kolkatta in 1980's and no other car neither in Mumbai or Delhi. Please correct all details on SL Gullwing 300
Quote:
cant do that i'm under oath from the owner saw it at his wedding by mistake in the garage and had taken photo's too. he made me empty the roll, was heart broken but i had to respect his sentiments. his father paid a fancy amount in the days for the car. it was in cream with red seats. everything original. this my friends i talk about in 92 when i had seen it dont know its condition now
One says, the car went out in 80's and Speedy has seen the car personally in 1992. This is something.
Old 16th October 2007, 10:11   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
One says, the car went out in 80's and Speedy has seen the car personally in 1992. This is something.

My sentiments exactly. Go on guys, explain yourselves.
Old 16th October 2007, 11:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
My sentiments exactly. Go on guys, explain yourselves.
i can understand your sentiments guys but i would like actions speak so i would not like to argue at all. i rest my case .
Old 16th October 2007, 11:54   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i can understand your sentiments guys but i would like actions speak so i would not like to argue at all. i rest my case .
Speedy, I don't doubt you at all. Just wanted to confirm if the 300 SL you saw, still in the country or was it exported as a tractor as Kasli claims?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks