Team-BHP - 1965 Willys Cj3B parts needed!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   1965 Willys Cj3B parts needed! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/49167-1965-willys-cj3b-parts-needed.html)

I am midway through restoring my 1965 Willys Cj3B. Just about to open up th engine and will require new parts. Starting with a full gasket kit and then whatever else needs replacement (pistons, valves, sleeves, bearings etc.). Can someone tell me where I can go to get these parts? I'm looking at sources in India and not buying from U.S. suppliers.

Thanks!

Phil,

Is yours a low bonnet or high bonnet?

Do i know you??:)

Hi Pavan,

Mine is a high bonnet. Any guidance you can give me with obtaining engine parts?

Not sure if I know you. Have recently moved to Bangalore.

Phillip

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1057676)
Phil,

Is yours a low bonnet or high bonnet?

Do i know you??:)

Please call me on 9972596002 and I will update you on what we did rebuilding Aejaz's jeep petrol engine a couple of months back. Can also assist you in procuring the spares needed.
Cheers
Jammy

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil001 (Post 1057144)
I am midway through restoring my 1965 Willys Cj3B. Just about to open up th engine and will require new parts. Starting with a full gasket kit and then whatever else needs replacement (pistons, valves, sleeves, bearings etc.). Can someone tell me where I can go to get these parts? I'm looking at sources in India and not buying from U.S. suppliers.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM440 (Post 1107632)
Please call me on 9972596002 and I will update you on what we did rebuilding Aejaz's jeep petrol engine a couple of months back. Can also assist you in procuring the spares needed.
Cheers
Jammy

hi! you can easily get all these parts and more in Mayapuri New Delhi call me if need something at 9818702118 Poddy.I have a workshop where I modify and restor jeeps and have just got a project for the same jeep with a missing transfer case among other parts but could find them with little effort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poddy (Post 1151853)
hi! you can easily get all these parts and more in Mayapuri New Delhi call me if need something at 9818702118 Poddy.I have a workshop where I modify and restor jeeps and have just got a project for the same jeep with a missing transfer case among other parts but could find them with little effort.

Poddy, many thanks for your response. Should be contacting you with a parts list soon.

Phillip

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM440 (Post 1107632)
Cheers
Jammy

Hi,
I have recently bought a petrol cj3b petrol jeep and need some help to get some repairs to it.
Please do let me know if u can help me with that or guide me to some good mechanic please:.
Thanks,
Singh

Quote:

Originally Posted by P.SINGH (Post 3295990)
Hi,
I have recently bought a petrol cj3b petrol jeep and need some help to get some repairs to it.
Please do let me know if u can help me with that or guide me to some good mechanic please:.
Thanks,
Singh

I am happy to share my experience. Let me know what you need. The mechanics I have used are all in Kerala. Some parts are available locally, but require searching. All critical parts for my restoration were imported from America. Several online retailers sell high quality re-manufactured parts. I have used Willys Overland Motors and Walcks Willys, USA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil001 (Post 3297465)
I am happy to share my experience. Let me know what you need. The mechanics I have used are all in Kerala. Some parts are available locally, but require searching. All critical parts for my restoration were imported from America. Several online retailers sell high quality re-manufactured parts. I have used Willys Overland Motors and Walcks Willys, USA.

Hi,Thanks for your prompt reply.Just wanted to know of any good mechanics in Delhi to get my Jeep fixed.
Regards,Singh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by P.SINGH (Post 3298811)
Hi,Thanks for your prompt reply.Just wanted to know of any good mechanics in Delhi to get my Jeep fixed.
Regards,Singh.

I live in Bangalore and do not know of anyone in Delhi. There are plenty of rare cars there and you should be able to locate someone. Do you know any owners of old cars in Delhi? That can be a starting point.

In general, old cars in India are mechanically not sound. The focus is always the body and coach work. That's why cars break down so often in old car rallies. So it pays to locate a good mechanic and work your way up from the mechanicals and focus on the body last. I've done just this for both my old machines.

Hi Guys,
This may be a stupid question to ask but I want to know whether the Willys jeeps of the late 50's & early 60's came only in the left hand drive .I am asking this question as I am looking at one which is a right hand drive.Somebody please let me know.
Thanks and Regards
Venkat Kumar