Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2010, 16:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! awesome bike, amazing cool colour and the stripes, nice idea. I am getting jelous! I was wondering how there are so many spokes is it a mod. If so then the rim and hub requires double the holes than the original ones does it not loose the strength with too many holes, however I am in love with this blue bike. Thanks Manish sir for sharing the pictures with us.
Old 11th July 2010, 18:48   #92
Senior - BHPian

Too Good, lovely pics of the 'beauties', thanks for sharing Manish !
Old 11th July 2010, 23:13   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Since this thread has pics. of all jawas being posted, thought I could post these here too.

'happened to see this nice early 60s (going by the regn.) jawa parked in our society this morning! A real pleasant surprise indeed! I reckon this is owned by someone who came visiting the place today, as I havent seen this bike around with anyone in our society so far.

'looks pretty original although I'm not too well-versed with Jawas (yet!)

Interesting flyscreen at front!

1970 Jawa-jawa01.jpg

1970 Jawa-jawa02.jpg

1970 Jawa-jawa03.jpg
Old 11th July 2010, 23:18   #94
Senior - BHPian

There is this guy in Bangalore - Shivaji Nagar. He always has two or three JAWAs in pristine shape parked there, for sale.
Old 12th July 2010, 16:08   #95
BHPian

WOw!! That is a really beautiful one. It must be a pre-68 one. You could have checked the badged on the neck. Everything is original except the healight rim/glass, ignition key ring, horn, and of course the windshield. Very rare to see those thread type exhausts that too in such good condition.
Old 13th July 2010, 00:08   #96
Senior - BHPian

Awesome and Original bike shyam, I could sense the liking or love he has for his bike looking at the wind sheild he has arranged for his bike, that side bag is again period accessory and a necessary fitment. Thanks for sharing this picture with us.
Old 13th July 2010, 00:11   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
...It must be a pre-68 one...
..and the tank cap. Though, don't you think it'd be a pre-65 one? If you look closely at the rear shocks, they seem to be Czech ones (with the locks at the bottom.)
Old 13th July 2010, 00:22   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
..and the tank cap. Though, don't you think it'd be a pre-65 one? If you look closely at the rear shocks, they seem to be Czech ones (with the locks at the bottom.)
Yes this bike could be a pre 65 and post 62, gendarmee sir, even Gabriel has the similar shocks in those days which has locking mechanism on the top, these shockabsorbers can be reused by changing oil which I got it done for my Jawa.
Old 13th July 2010, 00:34   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
that side bag is again period accessory and a necessary fitment. Thanks for sharing this picture with us.
My pleasure! Incidentally, the side-bag reminds me of the 60s Tamil movie "Uthiravindri ullai vaa" where the veteran Tamil comedian Nagesh drives a similar bike in black, which also has a similar side-bag with a supporting 'cage' plus of course a Saree-guard with the old "honeycomb" design on the other side.
Reg. flyscreen, he might be using the bike for long distances for all we know, hence the screen to guard against insects etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Quote:
Yes this bike could be a pre 65 and post 62, gendarmee sir, even Gabriel has the similar shocks in those days which has locking mechanism on the top, these shockabsorbers can be reused by changing oil which I got it done for my Jawa.
The regn. is an early 60s one so very well could be a '62-63 model.
Interesting fact about the rear shocks...all this makes me feel like owning a jawa myself! I did intend to once but so far havent been serious about it, for various reasons.
Let's hope this gent moves into our society, so that maybe one day........!

Last edited by Stanher : 13th July 2010 at 00:43.
Old 13th July 2010, 00:37   #100
Senior - BHPian

If you are serious about owning a Jawa then don't worry I can help you, if your are eying on the below beauty the all the very best of good luck gentlemen.
Old 13th July 2010, 00:53   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you are serious about owning a Jawa then don't worry I can help you, if your are eying on the below beauty the all the very best of good luck gentlemen.
Thanks Bala! Thou art a true friend!
Incidentally, I remembered that while I lived in Vizag for a while, around 4 years ago, I used to see this early Jawa with guages on the tank (which I got to know later, was called 'tank' jawa) parked outside a repair garage quite a few times. It might've been a Perak as I remember it had a different frame (ealry tpe) with saddle twin seats. Alongwith it were a couple of PL 170 scooters lying there. But like a fool, I ignored ever asking the garage guys about it, just passed by there looking at them!!

'wonder what happened to it thereafter.
Old 13th July 2010, 23:06   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Thanks Bala! Thou art a true friend!
Incidentally, I remembered that while I lived in Vizag for a while, around 4 years ago, I used to see this early Jawa with guages on the tank (which I got to know later, was called 'tank' jawa) parked outside a repair garage quite a few times. It might've been a Perak as I remember it had a different frame (ealry tpe) with saddle twin seats. Alongwith it were a couple of PL 170 scooters lying there. But like a fool, I ignored ever asking the garage guys about it, just passed by there looking at them!!

'wonder what happened to it thereafter.
Don't wonder my dear just enquire, who knows you might be lucky. Yes we do ignore or rather don't feel intrested at things which at a later point in time makes us repent about them, It did happen in my life and RD350 for 8000/- and prestine BSA M20 so original it had firestone tyres, original paint unregistered bike for 30,000 and that too on easy installments I missed all those good things (my bad luck was so good ) so give a try dude its worth it.

Last edited by chanu : 13th July 2010 at 23:08.
Old 30th July 2010, 23:31   #103
BHPian

JAWA in PUNE

Hello friends,

Found this mint condition JAWA in PUNE.
It was in MANAS Resort. Seems the resort owner have this royal ride.

Enjoy the pics...
Attached Thumbnails
1970 Jawa-1925.jpg  

1970 Jawa-1926.jpg  

1970 Jawa-1927.jpg  

1970 Jawa-1928.jpg  

Old 26th August 2010, 19:10   #104
BANNED

One of the most original Jawa and the Best one that i have ever seen .

Behind that bike in covers is a legendary car, which i am instructed to not to disclose to the outer world.
Attached Thumbnails
1970 Jawa-imag_0758.jpg  

1970 Jawa-imag_0759.jpg  

1970 Jawa-imag_0760.jpg  

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 26th August 2010 at 19:11.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2010, 21:17   #105
BHPian

Oh boy!!!! Looks like a '62-'64. Havent seen this one on the roads of Bangalore! Other than the rajdoot-type tank cap, she looks completely original to me!!! Seems like a recent restoration. Any further details possible, Pavan?

Cheers
Rahul

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks