Team-BHP - A truly lovely afternoon for Steeroid
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   A truly lovely afternoon for Steeroid (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/49505-truly-lovely-afternoon-steeroid-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 1066597)
Actually, the car in question is Samurai's Baleno. I dont remember a Siena being grabbed like that.

OT: Yes, there was a guy from cochin or TVM who came to bangalore & picked up a Sienna for an unbelievable amount. The car was in the market place section on Team-BHP.

2682 seems to be in a oooh so pristine condition. Steeroid, congrats on your lovely purchase. Am sure your son would love this car too, in tandem with your father. 3 generations and more would fall for this beauty which looks like she has just been delivered from the showroom.

Loads of attention has been already showered on this car it seems that all thats left to do is sit back and admire and cherish it.

The deed is done - the vehicle has been registered in my name and was handed over this morning.

Thanks a tonne (and then some) Rudra and Prabhu. You guys are unbelievable.

Dont ask me for updates on the vehicle - I havent driven it. Prabhu has it and may be able to fill in the details.

Rudra - hope you like the Glen Livet. Must do a full location shoot of that Fiat before it leaves Bangalore.

So now I finally have a vehicle that is Built Like A Tank and has Doors That Close With A Reassuring Thud (both TM).

Congratulations once more. Guys, do give us some more detailed pictures, she sure is droolmaal!

Just spoke to prabhu, and it seems the car is a dream!! clap:Congraatz steer!!!:)

First driving impressions:

Engine - prisitine condition - and in good tune. She revs freely and well
Transmission slightly tight shifts - no play in the lever anywhere
Steering - spot on - no play
Suspension - feels brand new
Brakes- sharp , needs to be bled as car is pulling to the left on braking. just an adjustment issue
Electricals -everything, including the power antenna for the radio works. I smell something heating or burning, will get that checked.

Couple of interesting things - it has the 2.5" end pipe that gives out the lower note exhaust note - sweet
the intake manifold is watercooled - first one that i have seen :)

Will post pics tomorrow. At work today :(

Amazing car steer i would'nt think twice to pay this price for a car of this calibre. A purchase you wont regret. I just cant stop droolingstupid: sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 1088535)
Rudra - hope you like the Glen Livet. Must do a full location shoot of that Fiat before it leaves Bangalore.

Yes I like Glenlivet as you know. :D

Shooting depends greatly on Prabhu's availability over the weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 1089193)
Shooting depends greatly on Prabhu's availability over the weekend.

Pour him some of that Glen Livet. He will be plenty available.

Steer, I have to be available to drink the Glen Livet that Rudro pours. I am upto my eyeballs in work :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhuav (Post 1088594)

the intake manifold is watercooled - first one that i have seen :)

Right! Thats definitely interesting. Does that come as stock or maadified? Pics when you can, please.

All the best Steer. That's a great Car, in such a condition after this long?? Awesome! so you have a Fiat too huh? a lot of Fiat bashers are going to be :eek: and the fiat club is going to :Cheering:
Hey, the Fiat avatar looks good, what did the JAG say!?
Congrats, take care.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippergeo (Post 1089664)
Right! Thats definitely interesting. Does that come as stock or maadified? Pics when you can, please.

Saar it is foolly maadified far this kaar. Moshtly kame fraam yet yanathar piat.

Karlos/Behram could you please shine some light on this issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhuav (Post 1090310)
Karlos/Behram could you please shine some light on this issue?

That manifold was offered in later Padminis, can't remember for sure on which exact models. Im sure Behram will be able to tell us.

Can we get some engine bay pics?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhuav (Post 1088594)
...the intake manifold is watercooled - first one that i have seen

I'd be interested in hearing more about it and seeing some pictures too!

cya
R