Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 10:00   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Rony - can I please get 1 set of wheel caps now? With wheel caps, half of the wheels will be hidden so all will feel that the wheels are silver.
Dear Behram - You will drill a hole in the wheelcaps, and fit it with a bolt through the centre. You have already intentionally broken clips that hold the wheelcaps in place (which we enthusiasts hunt for like crazy). It is better that the 'katori' type covers currently on the car remain.
Old 27th May 2009, 21:11   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

@Mr. dhabhar Sr. and Jr.: Car seems to have turned out well in this colour! Congrats!
But IMHO the black top doesnt gel with this dark colour, both of them being dark.
Any plans to fit whitewalls too btw?

But more than that, again IMHO, the rear would've looked better with the "FIAT/1100D" badge fitted in place, the lack of which makes the car look too plain/bland from the rear, plus easily confused (especially by a layman) with a more common padmini (especially considering the SS no. plate lights and bootlid handle as well)
Yes, there is the issue of corrosion, as was mentioned. But then, if the numberplate lights could stay on despite that, I don't see why the badge couldn't.
The badge is what gave the delight it's true identity above other details that could be obscure/overlooked by a layman....seeing a similar badge on another delight then owned many years by a family friend, in my childhood, had first made me finally know why people called the "padmini" a Fiat!
It also helped me win an argument with a friend in 10th class, when I pointed out a delight to him and said "Fiat", who'd shook his head and called it "Premier Padmini".....until I showed him the distinctive badge, and at the end, he even ended up saying the full name "Fiat 1100"!
Just a couple of memories, from the days of my height of fascination with FIATS (Not padmini- atleast not the non-human one! )

Anyways, no offence meant either.
Old 27th May 2009, 23:06   #108

Can i just put a note here. I had nothing to do with the selection of the paint scheme...Before people Start hammering me for the Black Wheels/black Top. I have time and againg been telling the decesion maker about silver wheels and White wall tires. But.............................

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 27th May 2009 at 23:07.
Old 28th May 2009, 14:34   #109
BHPian

Very good looking paintjob. Looks better than the previous one, in my opinion. For some reason, I like the two-tone paintjob. The black wheels along with those hubcaps, the blending of original components with modern (S1) embellishments and that distinct exhaust note give the "Dhabhar Edition" Fiats a distinct identity a la the Shelby Mustangs.

Cyrussaheb, this can be your new signature:
"I have nothing to do with the selection of the paint schemes on my Fiats. Also, I don't have a long nose."
Saves the effort everytime.

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 28th May 2009 at 14:37.
Old 28th May 2009, 18:33   #110

HA HA!! Very Funny...(sarcastic)
This car doesnt not have a freeflow...YET!! It has 1144's 2" tailpipe though and even though it doesnt have a FFE, it sounds ohh soo beautifull!!
Old 29th May 2009, 15:26   #111
BHPian

Quote:
HA HA!! Very Funny...(sarcastic)
This car doesnt not have a freeflow...YET!! It has 1144's 2" tailpipe though and even though it doesnt have a FFE, it sounds ohh soo beautifull!!
So what does 1144 have right now ? Its in Pune, I suppose. Did not see her for nearly a year !
Old 29th May 2009, 16:29   #112
BHPian

Superb outcome for all that great efforts. Love the shade, feel like falling in love all over again with the Fiat.

Enjoy
Old 30th May 2009, 16:38   #113
Senior - BHPian

Hi Cyrus, Congratulations & Hats off to you & Mr Behram for the amazingly well executed restoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Here is the car..comments???
Old 30th May 2009, 16:44   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Manish - thank you for your comments. How is your "vehicle" running, by the way? Do send me a PM.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:44   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - although the monsoon is delayed, we did not delay in hibernating all our cars. BLL4919, MRF6466 and MH01YA3238 are safely parked in Nasik and MRY3112 is safely parked in Pune. We will take them out only after the monsoon is over. Looking forward to the meet on the first Sunday as usual though.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 23rd June 2009, 19:55   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all - although the monsoon is delayed, we did not delay in hibernating all our cars. BLL4919, MRF6466 and MH01YA3238 are safely parked in Nasik and MRY3112 is safely parked in Pune.
Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Same here Behram. As usual, I too had tucked away all my Fiats indoors for monsoon hibernation and the rains started pouring cats and dogs just fifteen minutes after the last one (MRY 3499) was in. What a touch and go situation but however, I was glad to get my FIATS to maintain the monsoon-free record as always before.

Last edited by President : 23rd June 2009 at 19:57.
Old 29th June 2009, 16:24   #117
Senior - BHPian

Dear Mr. Dhabhar, will update you on my vehicle on the PM.

BTW I spotted a old Fiat in the auto junk market behind Kurla station last week, couldnt get down and get a closer look as it was raining heavily. The body seems to be in good condition though the tyres were missing. The grill had the old trademark huge Fiat Logo.

Regards
Maneesh

Quote:
Dear Manish - thank you for your comments. How is your "vehicle" running, by the way? Do send me a PM.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 30th June 2009, 01:54   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Dear Mr. Dhabhar, will update you on my vehicle on the PM.

BTW I spotted a old Fiat in the auto junk market behind Kurla station last week, couldnt get down and get a closer look as it was raining heavily. The body seems to be in good condition though the tyres were missing. The grill had the old trademark huge Fiat Logo.

Regards
Maneesh
If the tyres were missing, its most probably scrapped by now!! :( Sad situations sometimes....
Old 30th June 2009, 17:41   #119
Senior - BHPian

Maybe you are right..but I will sure look it up again when go to that place next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
If the tyres were missing, its most probably scrapped by now!! :( Sad situations sometimes....
Old 13th May 2011, 12:19   #120

Re: Restoration of MRF6466 - my 1967 Fiat 1100D

Dear Behram,just wanted to say many thanks to you, have replaced my original mani with a S1 and pipe too. It sounds simply beautiful, infact you have to listen to it to know how beautiful it is.
Savin_Shetty is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks