Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2009, 12:32   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Still a long way to go, lots to be done. Will post more later. Take a look at these..
Nice!
2 tone colour, is it?
Looking forward to more.
Reminds me of the our 59' fiat was painted, white top-green body, until 93.

Absolutely offtopic. but cant help but post this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Silvercurve or curb
Silvercurve.

1969, across the road.

Imagine Barista on the extreme left side. ( sorry about the quality, its a scan of a disintegrating b/w negative)
Attached Thumbnails
My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-underconstnhouseroad11969.jpg  

Old 12th April 2009, 22:03   #167
Senior - BHPian

Thanks gendarmee ! Hey do you have any pictures of your '59 select ? My dad used to own a '59.. no pictures sadly !
Old 14th April 2009, 22:00   #168
Senior - BHPian

Painting done !

Painting done.. sorry, I haven't been able to get better pictures. Fittings, rubbers, garnishes etc are in progress. She should be out soon.
I've taken a few hard decisions for now:
1) I'm unable to get clips for my inner door panels, nor is my chap able to source a good guy to do this job. I'll therefore use the existing panels as is for now.
2) Net magazine holder behind the front seat back is impossible to source. I'm therefore postponing making the seats, which are ok for now. Luckily, my front seat back has the original frame with a recess, so i can get the necessary job done soon.
There is a long wish list still pending, for eg - no clip wheels, no original wheel caps, no rubber bulb type winscreen washer mechanism, and so forth..
But I'm dying to get my hands on the car, and drive her for a couple of months. All the above jobs will therefore be attended to when she's garaged in July.
Watch this space !
Attached Thumbnails
My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-phone-picture-199.jpg  

My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-phone-picture-197.jpg  

Old 15th April 2009, 15:54   #169
BHPian

Looking fabulous sir. I am sure you must just be dying to drive her around. Seems like a good idea to take up the balance work during the monsoons. Though deep down you must be feeling like doing up everything once and for all and then driving her around in full glory. Anyway congrats on a job well done. Hope to get a ride when she is out on the road!
Old 16th April 2009, 21:49   #170
BHPian

Wow, the painstaking efforts are slowly getting their much-needed returns. I am following this thread right from day 1 and the paint-scheme turned out just as you had visualised. And hope that my photoshop rendering of the same turned out to be a decisive tool for finalising the colour scheme.

Looking forward to the last stages of the restoration!
Old 17th April 2009, 22:56   #171
Senior - BHPian

@ Salil - Hey man, it IS your photoshop rendering that was the final clincher in the colour decision ! Can never thank you enough .
@ BolBolero - Gautam Dada - thanks a ton for dropping in on my thread ! A die hard off-roader getting interested in classics - well, well, ! Anyways, you can take a round in her anytime sir, I'll be honoured !
Old 18th April 2009, 08:46   #172
BHPian

@ SuperSelect,
I will take you up on that offer as soon as she is out of the garage sir. please be advised that i havent driven a fiat for nearly 15 years. So will need you to be the navigator. that way you can also keep an eye on me and make sure i don't do anything wrong!
Old 20th April 2009, 21:43   #173
Senior - BHPian

Brightwork !

All the chrome brightwork is starting to go up, and guys I think she's looking reeeel pretty .
Roof lining done, meters etc in place. Casting wala number plate has arrived. Quarter glasses in place.
For now, she'll run on her current Padmini wheels, and President wheel caps (which are very very nice, thanks again Adheesh !)
Here are some sneak pics..
Attached Thumbnails
My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-phone-picture-204.jpg  

My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-phone-picture-201.jpg  

Old 20th April 2009, 22:46   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
All the chrome brightwork is starting to go up, and guys I think she's looking reeeel pretty .
Roof lining done, meters etc in place. Casting wala number plate has arrived. Quarter glasses in place.
For now, she'll run on her current Padmini wheels, and President wheel caps (which are very very nice, thanks again Adheesh !)
Here are some sneak pics..
How sweet She is!!!!!!

Reminds me of my other wife, WBF-1, now tucked away in Calcutta awaiting my return this fall.

I am still trying to find the drivers door locking handle. Hopefully some one can locate one.
Old 20th April 2009, 23:00   #175
Senior - BHPian

@Ravi, she is turning out great. The colour combo seems similar to my landy, but a lil more blue. Cant wait to see the completed project. What about the interiors??
Old 20th April 2009, 23:50   #176
Senior - BHPian

@ John - Thanks a ton ! Yes, WBF-1 has been a huge inspiration. (Or is it that Architects think alike ?).
There is a driver's door locking handle available in Mumbai, but it is a chrome finish brand new one made by 'Asha', and not an original aluminium one. As I couldn't find the receptacles for my aluminium handles, I've settled for chrome for the moment. I can get you the chromed one if that's ok.
@ JayD - Thanks buddy ! Yes, it's similar to your lovely Landy. We're forming quite a blue-and-white brigade here on TBHP aren't we ?
The interiors will have to wait a while, she'll be a work in progress. I have lovely cast aluminium inner door & window handles, but their milling does not match that of my winders, so they'll need work. Plus I'm unable to find clips for the inner door panels. So till then they all stay as is. Will get the interiors tidied up a bit, and start searchng for whatever I need over the next two months or so. Then it's back to the workshop !
Old 21st April 2009, 10:34   #177
BHPian

Coming up great Super select.....

This forum itself is a great inspiration, making me to think to have one......

Great job, keep posting photo's
Old 21st April 2009, 10:37   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Great stuff Ravi, she will be a looker. Keep your eyes open for a 4 blade metal fan for the radiator.

What colour combo is planned for the interiors?
Old 21st April 2009, 12:08   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a metal fan ------
Old 21st April 2009, 12:19   #180

.......And I have a Magazine Holder for the BAck seat!!!

Most Viewed