Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2009, 02:28   #256
Senior - BHPian

SuperSelect by night

Mumbai nights - mean streets, speed, and lights. Spent a good part of the night clubbing with close friends. And MRX 6839 needless to say !
Drove her up to a south bombay nightclub, and boy, was she admired - As she raced up the ramp in her two tone finery, with the mumbai night reflected in her gleaming chrome, everyone, starting from the valet, right up to the cool dude customers hanging around, were full of appreciation for my beauty. "Wow whatta car man - whered'you get it ? How does she run ?" etc and so forth !
After an intense session at the club, headed for the next natural destination - Ice cream !
At a particularly active signal, with hondas, marutis and CBZs all around, I decided to let rip. I've always been a fan of the 1100's awesome exhaust note, but tonight was something special - 6839 literally flew through the night, leaving stunned motorists in her wake, and giving me a high ! The rorty sound, accompanied by the visual drama of the red ribbon speedo steadily ascending, and me trying to control her with the wonderfully slim steering - boy, it was an experience to remember ! (the bench seat, with the wife holding on to me for dear life was an added bonus ).
When we finally reached the ice cream stop, my friends in lesser vehicles, had only admiration on their lips. As I said guys, the journey has only just begun !!
Attached Thumbnails
My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-new-image-desktop-resolution.jpg  

My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-new-image-1-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Last edited by SuperSelect : 16th August 2009 at 02:29.
Old 16th August 2009, 03:00   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Mumbai nights - mean streets, speed, and lights. Spent a good part of the night clubbing with close friends. And MRX 6839 needless to say !

After an intense session at the club, headed for the next natural destination - Ice cream !
(the bench seat, with the wife holding on to me for dear life was an added bonus ).
lucky you, what a night it would have been, the ice cream and the cream coloured 1100.
Old 16th August 2009, 08:18   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When we finally reached the ice cream stop, my friends in lesser vehicles, had only admiration on their lips.

As I said guys, the journey has only just begun !!
Enjoy the ice cream like life well before it melts. Happy Journey!!!
Old 16th August 2009, 08:57   #259
BHPian

@ ravi,
Your ZOHARJABEE is looking fabulous under street lights of Mumbai !!!
Keep it going !!
Old 16th August 2009, 17:21   #260
BHPian

Hi Ravi- Good to hear about you and 6839. Anyways saw a extremely original select. Light green in colour with the quintessential sun shade the no. was MRW 4300. It was in Girgaon, any clue ?
Old 16th August 2009, 18:36   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Hi Ravi- Good to hear about you and 6839. Anyways saw a extremely original select. Light green in colour with the quintessential sun shade the no. was MRW 4300. It was in Girgaon, any clue ?
No man - can you give me the location details, will surely check her out.
Old 20th August 2009, 22:50   #262
Senior - BHPian

Fiatful tales..

Sorry to keep rambling on guys, but every incident with the Fiat is narration-worthy..
My mom stole the car today, and drove down to pick my little daughter from school. Here's what she had to say:
"...your Fiat attracts more attention on the road than even a mercedes ! In the short ten minute drive back from school, I had two different motorists complimenting me on the car. Plus, when I entered school, the security guys gave me a 'kadak' salute, and smilingly / indulgently gave me a parking slot otherwise reserved for VIPs. Not to mention that the car runs reeel smoothly. Hats of on a great job son - but remember - today's limelight was stolen by this 'Auntie in her cute little Fiat'.. !"
What can I say ? that's what Fiats do to people !
Attached Thumbnails
My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-dscf0036-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Old 20th August 2009, 23:06   #263
Senior - BHPian

Nice little story. Keep sharing such wonderful, Fiatful experiences.
Old 20th August 2009, 23:19   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to keep rambling on guys, but every incident with the Fiat is narration-worthy..
My mom stole the car today, and drove down to pick my little daughter from school. Here's what she had to say:
"...your Fiat attracts more attention on the road than even a mercedes ! In the short ten minute drive back from school, I had two different motorists complimenting me on the car. Plus, when I entered school, the security guys gave me a 'kadak' salute, and smilingly / indulgently gave me a parking slot otherwise reserved for VIPs. Not to mention that the car runs reeel smoothly. Hats of on a great job son - but remember - today's limelight was stolen by this 'Auntie in her cute little Fiat'.. !"
What can I say ? that's what Fiats do to people !
Keep this photo as your profile pic (avatar). Looks nice
Old 20th August 2009, 23:24   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Keep this photo as your profile pic (avatar). Looks nice
Car is looking too good in the pic. You can put a new pic in the same angle as your previous profile pic(straight front facing).
Old 21st August 2009, 16:57   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Ravi - so this means that you are using MRX6839 in the rainy season. Be careful, please keep the chrome parts dry, also apply some cooking oil on them. This makes me feel envious as all my 4 cars BLL4919, MRY3112, MH01YA3238 and MRF6466 are in hibernation. As the "rainy season" is not rainy at all, I think I'll take out one of my beauties for a small drive in Nasik one of these days. Let's see, M/C Donalds on college road at 9 o'clock in the night should be good enough.

I am attaching a photograph of MRY3112 standing in the foyer of the Taj at Nasik last year. It attracted a lot of very good attention and yes I remember the "kadak" salute I got from the burly Sardarji doorman .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Attached Thumbnails
My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-dsc00250.jpg  

My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-dsc00254.jpg  

My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-dsc00253.jpg  

Old 21st August 2009, 17:17   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
[b][u]
I am attaching a photograph of MRY3112 standing in the foyer of the Taj at Nasik last year. It attracted a lot of very good attention and yes I remember the "kadak" salute I got from the burly Sardarji doorman .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Silver wheels Behram, to add some more bling.
Old 21st August 2009, 18:00   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Silver wheels Behram, to add some more bling.
Ah !! Lets not start it again. "This is exactly the way he wants his car to be "
Old 21st August 2009, 22:00   #269
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for all your comments !
@arun and salil: done dudes, your wish is my command !
@behram: 3112 is loking fab with the taj in the background. I should say, "The beauty of the Taj is enhanced by the presence of a Super Select "
Yes, I'm applying vaseline to all the chromed parts, and this is giving very good protection. And yes, I'm ENJOYING the car in these "rains" !
Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
Ah !! Lets not start it again. "This is exactly the way he wants his car to be "
Spot on, Adheesh and Kavesh.

Last edited by SuperSelect : 21st August 2009 at 22:03.
Old 22nd August 2009, 00:47   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey ravi, sorry didn't get to reply here until now! But I must say I envy you, for the fun you (and your family) are having with your SS!
'wish I'd done something like during my brief fiatfull days! But OT, all the more fun to have your spouse indulge with you in it! 'benefits you/your car too in the long run, as you can understand!

But yes, as behram says, do be careful about driving her frequently in the rain. Expect the roads particularly, to be THE worst during this time!

Last edited by Stanher : 22nd August 2009 at 00:50.

Most Viewed