Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 13:50   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
So can you tell us more about Rangwala's car? I suppose that would make it the 3rd DS in Hyderabad, assuming the other silver one is not Rangwala's.
Karl would be able to tell you better I'm sure- he has personally seen the car through and through, and met the owner as well (without even letting me know about his visit there, despite being in hyd. then! )
Old 30th January 2012, 22:02   #17
BHPian

re: Citroen 2CV Ambulance

hi trying to get and steering column for this van and few more parts to put her back on road taking pawan kadam tomorow and plan to make it my weekendcar

Last edited by imperial.s.a : 30th January 2012 at 22:04.
imperial.s.a is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 17:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Citroen 2CV Ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperial.s.a View Post
hi trying to get and steering column for this van and few more parts to put her back on road taking pawan kadam tomorow and plan to make it my weekendcar
You mean the Citroen 2CV . I would love to have ride in Her, man I love them a lot. Wish i had one. I have an article on Barn find Citroen 2CV, which I will bring along too for us to read and enjoy .
Old 31st January 2012, 18:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
This would be an only Citroen in India I bet.
Not the only one in India sir, there are four of these (not sure of the exact model) that belong to a neighbour of mine Luke Rebello, they are lying in his estate (Katinkhan) in Chickmangalore, besides other beauties ranging from a Mitsubushi FTO to the Mysore Maharaja's Rolls
Old 31st January 2012, 18:13   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
You mean the Citroen 2CV . I would love to have ride in Her, man I love them a lot. Wish i had one. I have an article on Barn find Citroen 2CV, which I will bring along too for us to read and enjoy .
Manish, your turn will come.

Right now its my turn to get that beauty into running condition in a few days
Old 31st January 2012, 20:16   #21
BHPian

Waoo .. Cool. There was one in Pune too ... Once Upon a Time :(
Old 31st January 2012, 21:00   #22
BANNED

Quote:
This is a 1972 2CV imported by St.josephs convent in jolarpet in tamil nadu .

Sir, i must compliment you for having such an ORIGINAL Citreon 2CV, Its called a Truckett too.

There would be NO CAR in the Country as close to This car in terms of ORIGINALITY. Till anyone documents it here on the Forum.

I see only 2 things that needs a little change.

Let me get my mech along sometime this week as discussed, and get your car running on road, which i dont think is a big issue in the first case
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen 2CV Ambulance-616x462httpimages.hemmings.comwpcontentuploads2011071970citroentruckette_01_700.jpg  

Citroen 2CV Ambulance-3604425934_c8c6261b28.jpg  

Citroen 2CV Ambulance-1970-citroen-2cv-panel-van-5.jpg  

Citroen 2CV Ambulance-citroen2cvazubaujahr196633638.jpg  

Citroen 2CV Ambulance-image015.jpg  

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 31st January 2012 at 21:01.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 21:50   #23
BHPian

hi luke has some 2cv that is not an van but his brother has an van which he has converted it into an pantry car and also he has an dyne 6 and an 2cv lying in sreepathis garage in an pathetic condition
Old 31st January 2012, 21:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir, while you're at it, please please do get the Monogram inverted, to get to the correct "Double Chevron" position.

This one, just like the recently posted Hyderabad one has it in 'ulta' position. It pains a die hard Citroen fanatic to see it like this. . Almost as bad as a flag flying upside down.

The Citroen logo by the way, is derived from the unique 'Double Vee' gears that were introduced by them, and were a patent. Ever innovative, this was just one of Andre Citroen's brilliant firsts. Andre Citroen incidentally started his career making gears. Sorry to launch on a bit of trivia-trip, but Citroen really really is my soft spot.

Edit: Just read your post. Is the pathetic condition 2CV for sale ? Even if it's half way into the ground, I'll use it as a sculpture.

Last edited by SuperSelect : 31st January 2012 at 21:56.
SuperSelect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 22:12   #25
BHPian

hi regarding the position of the monogram its been lying in my friends flat belive i have not seen her for almost 2 t0 3 years some drivers in the flat would have changed the position and regard the 2cv in the garage is not for sale they are diehard citroen freaks thanks for showing the position change in the monogram other wise i would have not realised the mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadithsince1980 View Post
Not the only one in India sir, there are four of these (not sure of the exact model) that belong to a neighbour of mine Luke Rebello, they are lying in his estate (Katinkhan) in Chickmangalore, besides other beauties ranging from a Mitsubushi FTO to the Mysore Maharaja's Rolls
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Sir, while you're at it, please please do get the Monogram inverted, to get to the correct "Double Chevron" position.

This one, just like the recently posted Hyderabad one has it in 'ulta' position. It pains a die hard Citroen fanatic to see it like this. . Almost as bad as a flag flying upside down.

The Citroen logo by the way, is derived from the unique 'Double Vee' gears that were introduced by them, and were a patent. Ever innovative, this was just one of Andre Citroen's brilliant firsts. Andre Citroen incidentally started his career making gears. Sorry to launch on a bit of trivia-trip, but Citroen really really is my soft spot.

Edit: Just read your post. Is the pathetic condition 2CV for sale ? Even if it's half way into the ground, I'll use it as a sculpture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
hi manish let the baby get road worthy will definitely will take you for an ride and read your book then you take on the wheel and see how you feel the drive because the gear lever position is like maska chaska

Last edited by karlosdeville : 31st January 2012 at 22:26. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old 31st January 2012, 23:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I see only 2 things that needs a little change.
Let me get my mech along sometime this week as discussed, and get your car running on road, which i dont think is a big issue in the first case
Set the grill also right. I see some disorientation there vis-a-vis the photos attached.
Old 1st February 2012, 09:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
hi luke has some 2cv that is not an van but his brother has an van which he has converted it into an pantry car and also he has an dyne 6 and an 2cv lying in sreepathis garage in an pathetic condition
Yep, he has cars not vans, sorry didn't mention it before Didnt know his brother had one though.
Old 1st February 2012, 10:22   #28
BHPian

Sorry to go OT but does anyone know which cars Luke still owns? He had a huge house next to mine in Mangalore. He sold the house and also some cars including a beautiful white MG(1 of 2, i believe) that was his daily drive. The red FTO was parked at his ex-wifes' house here for many months without being used.

Cheers!
Old 1st February 2012, 21:10   #29
BHPian

hi james that was his grandmothers house i think his son was back thats why the fto was parked in helens house the mg tc which he used to use sold it couple of years back
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:06   #30
BANNED

Quote:
hi james that was his grandmothers house i think his son was back thats why the fto was parked in helens house the mg tc which he used to use sold it couple of years back
Well, First things first.

I would bet if anyone here on the forum would have come across any Citreon 2CV 400 which is as ORGINAL as this car

Each and every inch of the car oozes out Period Originality.Those adjustable CIBIE headlights, Original carb, Michelin Tyres, Spare rim postion, locks and other stuff, its just too much to spot the difference.

Well, I must admit i never knew the 2CV was an Air-cooled one

My mechanic had a look at the car and was immensly happy to work on such a nice car, he was all smiles when he saw its proportions, and given to understand the work involved, he was just fine (Same guy who does my VW's and the DREADED Topolino engine)

The car will be moved out to his place sometime soon and hopefully back to its running days very soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen 2CV Ambulance-imag_0708.jpg  

Citroen 2CV Ambulance-imag_0709.jpg  

Citroen 2CV Ambulance-imag_0710.jpg  

Citroen 2CV Ambulance-imag_0711.jpg  

Citroen 2CV Ambulance-imag_0712.jpg  

Citroen 2CV Ambulance-imag_0713.jpg  

Citroen 2CV Ambulance-imag_0714.jpg  

Citroen 2CV Ambulance-imag_0715.jpg  

Citroen 2CV Ambulance-imag_0716.jpg  

Citroen 2CV Ambulance-imag_0717.jpg  

Citroen 2CV Ambulance-imag_0718.jpg