Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 15:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
Yes I do know Najaf very well. Without debating further, congratulations for a nice set of wheels. The Triumph should be an ex mumbai bike, any reference in the RC book ? A mechanic called Eashwar brought this bike down in the 70's from Mumbai.
Could be, it is a APU, Hyderabad registration I bought it from my friend Mistri who may have bought it from the guy you are reffering to. Got to check the RC for confirmation.
Old 4th December 2008, 20:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Hi All,
Wanted to share with you pics of my bikes.
Triumph SpeedTwin, 500 cc, 1956.
Attachment 75959
BSA GoldStar B50 SS, 500cc, Unit Single. 1971.
(This is the only one in India, if anyone owns or seen the same please let me know and post pics).
Attachment 75960
Both bikes are 100% stock original.
Regards,
Fazal
I love the trails BSA. I used to ride a BSA to college every day about 20 years ago.

Cheers,
Old 4th December 2008, 21:34   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Could be, it is a APU, Hyderabad registration I bought it from my friend Mistri who may have bought it from the guy you are reffering to. Got to check the RC for confirmation.
APU is very much a 60s regn. so it couldn't have been brought to hyd. in the 70s.
So, either it was brought in the 60s itself, or it isnt the same bike.
Old 4th December 2008, 22:17   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Fazal excellent classics. Like the neat body lines - among the best seen in India.
Old 5th January 2009, 20:18   #20
BHPian

Looking very well maintained, you passion does show . Cheers.
Old 9th January 2009, 22:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrut View Post
Looking very well maintained, you passion does show . Cheers.
Dear Vikrut,
Thanks for your appreciation. It took me a lot of time and effort to restore them to their stock condition, I was much younger in 1992, that is when I did the restoration of the BSA, Triumph was done up cosmetically but a brand new engine went into it 4 years later and has since done not more than 2000 kms. Wanted to share with you all the before and after pics too.
Triumph before total restoration
My Classic Bikes.-triumph-b4.jpg
Before restoration
My Classic Bikes.-bsa-b4.jpg
After restoration
My Classic Bikes.-bsa-after.jpg

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 9th January 2009 at 22:42.
Old 10th January 2009, 10:24   #22
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Gorgeous bikes Fazal. I remember many years back I saw you on the Triumph near Masab Tank and it sounded so clean and looked like a million dollars. Great restoration.
Old 10th January 2009, 12:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

cute bikes Fazal. Triumph look very similar to enfield bikes. Engine block, side boxes, neutral finder, gears and brakes, wheels, headlights, tank, etc.

What is the nemesis of triumph along with enfield. Can somebody throw light?

Dwarak
Old 10th January 2009, 12:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Fazal, Is that the Silencer on BSA Goldstar before restoration fitted onto some of the Enfield bikes?

Goldstar/ Goldie silencer as it is called is a craze/rage on enfield bikes

Dwarak
Old 10th January 2009, 13:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

I like that Trai goldie very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Fazal, Is that the Silencer on BSA Goldstar before restoration fitted onto some of the Enfield bikes?

Dwarak
No this Goldstar trail bike have a different silencer. The ones fitted on to the Enfields is based on Goldstar DBD34 road bikes.
Old 10th January 2009, 20:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Gorgeous bikes Fazal. I remember many years back I saw you on the Triumph near Masab Tank and it sounded so clean and looked like a million dollars. Great restoration.
Thanks DKG,
As you know it took a brand new engine for the kind of firing that you heard, prior to which the rattling in the engine was more audible than the firing. The ignition switch on the Triumph is the only thing that is not original, I have the original Lucas with me but got to completely rewire the bike for that, intend to do that some day soon.

Quote:

Dwarak
Dwarak,
No idea about where the previous owner got this silencer, it used to burn my shoes more than silencing the bike, it was loud and ugly. As this is a 500 single it does not have the musical beat of a twin, anyway since my objective was to get it to stock condition off went the silencer and on came the original.

Last edited by v12 : 11th January 2009 at 13:45.
Old 10th January 2009, 20:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
cute bikes Fazal. Triumph look very similar to enfield bikes. Engine block, side boxes, neutral finder, gears and brakes, wheels, headlights, tank, etc.

What is the nemesis of triumph along with enfield. Can somebody throw light?

Dwarak
Dwarak,
There is a world of difference in Triumph vs Enfield. The ride quality is very superior and the twin cam on triumph takes it to a higher level of precession, Twin cylinder and the firing are so distinctively "Triumph", looks wise too there is so much flow and contiunity in body line.
Only Norton twins have more impressive firing than Triumph.
Overall if both Triumph twin and Enfield twin sand side by side, there is not much to compare between the two.
Old 10th January 2009, 20:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi Fazal...Nice collection of bikes.But never saw your collection at any Vintage Rallies.There is one on 26th Jan.
Btw,if my memory recollects,You used to play Tennis at Asif Tennis Club in 90s in the evenings.
Check out my collection
Old 11th January 2009, 12:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Hi Fazal...Nice collection of bikes.But never saw your collection at any Vintage Rallies.There is one on 26th Jan.
Btw,if my memory recollects,You used to play Tennis at Asif Tennis Club in 90s in the evenings.
Check out my collection
Hi Hillram,
Yes I was a member of Asif Tennis Cub until early 90's, great memory! My bikes are not in the condition where they can bag the 1st prize, the last time I was in a rally was in 96 when the Triumph bagged the 1st prize and Best in it's class. I am planning to do a complete exterior job on the Triumph and after which you will see it at shows and rallies and the BSA needs some oilseals to be road worthy.
Thanks
Old 9th May 2009, 21:48   #30

wow, bothe the bikes are beautiful and in the photos still look like winning material.

pune used to have some great bikes with all the bawaji's and one guy (samson) with his velocettes.

used to drool over the bike whenever they were in mg road (main street) in the evenings very well maintainesd with their fish tail silencers. each spoke shining and suberb two tone jobs on most silver grey and black with lots of chrome.

wish i could have one of these dream machines know of any one selling at a decent price? please let me know thanks

Most Viewed