Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2008, 09:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

My Classic Bikes.

Hi All,
Wanted to share with you pics of my bikes.
Triumph SpeedTwin, 500 cc, 1956.
My Classic Bikes.-triumph.jpg
BSA GoldStar B50 SS, 500cc, Unit Single. 1971.
(This is the only one in India, if anyone owns or seen the same please let me know and post pics).
My Classic Bikes.-bsa.jpg
Both bikes are 100% stock original.
Regards,
Fazal
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:40   #2
BHPian

Hi Fazal, Those are some nice collections. Nice photos too.
Where did you get it serviced and maintained ? My understanding is that, it's very difficult procure the parts. My friend has RD350 and he finds the parts with a lot of difficulty.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:38   #3

That's some good looking piece you have there Fazal . It should be fun to own them and drive them around in pride . Hope you get the parts around if some thing goes wrong with the machines . All the best
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty2008 View Post
Hi Fazal, Those are some nice collections. Nice photos too.
Where did you get it serviced and maintained ? My understanding is that, it's very difficult procure the parts. My friend has RD350 and he finds the parts with a lot of difficulty.
Swifty,
I get them done at home with a mechanic who is helpful and got the nearly all engine components for both bikes from USA myself, the engines are new and have done about 1000+ kms each. Oh yes! parts are not available in India, we ran out of spares years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvenky30 View Post
That's some good looking piece you have there Fazal . It should be fun to own them and drive them around in pride . Hope you get the parts around if some thing goes wrong with the machines . All the best
Venky,
Since all the components in the engines are new, not being daily used bikes they will go on for years, They are head turners and people follow for long to admiring them.

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th December 2008 at 14:02. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread.
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:09   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Swifty,
I get them done at home with a mechanic who is helpful and got the nearly all engine components for both bikes from USA myself, the engines are new and have done about 1000+ kms each. Oh yes! parts are not available in India, we ran out of spares years back.
Lovely looking bikes. Im restoring a 56 Tiger 100, can you share spares sources in the US?
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:25   #6
BHPian

Lovely bikes. that triumph looks beautiful.
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Lovely looking bikes. Im restoring a 56 Tiger 100, can you share spares sources in the US?
Big D cycle
Irving Bulevard
Irving, Texas.
Please chek it on Google for full adress.
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:31   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Big D cycle
Irving Bulevard
Irving, Texas.
Please chek it on Google for full adress.
Thanks a tonne, as my sister is in Texas itself.

So tell us more about that interesting Goldstar.
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

Simply awesome! That BSA is beautiful! Hats off to you!
Old 3rd December 2008, 21:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Thanks a tonne, as my sister is in Texas itself.

So tell us more about that interesting Goldstar.
Ask her to get his number under the "Big D Cycle" name and contact Dough Boy who is the properitor or order parts by post if she cannot make it to Dallas, and pay by credit card as Irving is just about 30 miles from there. Remember to be specific and state model and year for parts you require.
GoldStar is a SS (sports special) has unimagineable, tremendous pickup and is said to be the fastest classic bike in town even beating
Ariel square four. This was stated by the late Mr. Behram Misrti who owned that Ariel and was an authority on Classic bikes. Both bikes I own are inside out original stock. Believe me it took eternity to get what I wanted and tons of patience.
fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2008, 21:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hey Fazal
Lovely collection there friend. A Norton and an AJS would complete the scene. You certainly have passion. Why did you choose that Monza red for your BSA? Original BSAs never came in that shocking red colour. The Triumph is a real stunner.
Old 3rd December 2008, 21:36   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Wanted to share with you pics of my bikes.
Triumph SpeedTwin, 500 cc, 1956.
Attachment 75959
BSA GoldStar B50 SS, 500cc, Unit Single. 1971.
(This is the only one in India, if anyone owns or seen the same please let me know and post pics).
Attachment 75960
Both bikes are 100% stock original.
Regards,
Fazal
Hi Fazal !! Your Speed Twin should actually be a 1957, with Full Width front hub and the Tank Monogram. I had last seen your bike at the Parade Ground Traffic Safety Week Rally in Secunderabad 1996.

Is your B50 originally from Chennai ? Remember seeing this bike years ago.It is not a Gold Star in the true sense. It could probably be the only B50. I do know of a B44 in Mumbai some years ago.

What are the other bikes in your collection ? Do post more pictures.
Old 3rd December 2008, 21:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Hey Fazal
Lovely collection there friend. A Norton and an AJS would complete the scene. You certainly have passion. Why did you choose that Monza red for your BSA? Original BSAs never came in that shocking red colour. The Triumph is a real stunner.
Thanks,
You are right that is not the original colour on the BSA but wanted to get the St.Germain red on it for it is a sports bike, also notice Triumph has two tone (silver and black) I did it in monotone, that was way back in 1991 when I was younger, any idea what colour was this 1971 BSA that came from the factory? On the web I have seen different colours.
Old 3rd December 2008, 21:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
Hi Fazal !! Your Speed Twin should actually be a 1957, with Full Width front hub and the Tank Monogram. I had last seen your bike at the Parade Ground Traffic Safety Week Rally in Secunderabad 1996.

Is your B50 originally from Chennai ? Remember seeing this bike years ago.It is not a Gold Star in the true sense. It could probably be the only B50. I do know of a B44 in Mumbai some years ago.

What are the other bikes in your collection ? Do post more pictures.
Dominator,
Yes the parade ground rally, Mr. Behram's Sunbeam S7 and my bike shared the first place that day. It is a 56.
Yes again BSA is from Chennai, I picked it up in 1992, it is a Goldstar B50 SS that is what the book also says, You know Najaf from Masab Tank who is a big time collector also had the same confusion. like 'Rocket Goldstar' was a Hibrid of BSA Rocket and BSA Goldstar, as parts from both bikes were used on it.
Check this link for more info on the name and type.
http://www.classicmotorcycles.org.uk...ar_500cc_a.jpg
Thanks,
p.s. No more bikes, I am broke!

Fazal

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 3rd December 2008 at 21:51.
Old 4th December 2008, 10:40   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Dominator,
Yes the parade ground rally, Mr. Behram's Sunbeam S7 and my bike shared the first place that day. It is a 56.
Yes again BSA is from Chennai, I picked it up in 1992, it is a Goldstar B50 SS that is what the book also says, You know Najaf from Masab Tank who is a big time collector also had the same confusion. like 'Rocket Goldstar' was a Hibrid of BSA Rocket and BSA Goldstar, as parts from both bikes were used on it.
Check this link for more info on the name and type.
http://www.classicmotorcycles.org.uk...ar_500cc_a.jpg
Thanks,
p.s. No more bikes, I am broke!

Fazal
Yes I do know Najaf very well. Without debating further, congratulations for a nice set of wheels. The Triumph should be an ex mumbai bike, any reference in the RC book ? A mechanic called Eashwar brought this bike down in the 70's from Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks