Team-BHP - 1947 Buick Roadmaster Convertible
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   1947 Buick Roadmaster Convertible (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/50112-1947-buick-roadmaster-convertible.html)

This is my 1947 Buick Roadmaster Convertible in am immaculate condition. It has power roof, power windows and power adjustable seats.

I'm yet to recover from the amazement the 1912 Indian caused, and here is a 1947 Buick in an unbelievable condition. I guess i have to make it to ahmedabad soon to see these beauties in flesh!!

Beautiful car. One small doubt though - I don't know much about antiques but you said power windows but in the second picture there is window winding handle. There are two actually. One I am assuming is for the quarter glass window. What is the other for?

Very True Vikram, This photograph is a little old. Right Now I have sourced the powered windows machines and the powered roof stuff and it is going under restoration. shall get that activated soon too.

Oh OK. I thought it came with built in backup system. As I said I am ignorant about antiques. :)

Seeing your car in such pristine condition I today wish my granddad had kept the Buick and the Chevy Impala that we had.

Wow subodh wonder how you and your family members have kept it so pristine even after 60 years? Immaculate.The film "Rajkumar" featuring Shammi Kapoor, too has such a beauty but that film is 40 years old.

wow and wow and wow all over again in a day!! Beautiful pieces all over.

Simply fantastic! Hats off to you sir! But don't you think modifying the car in any way means killing it's essence.
No offence meant to you though. Just asking because if you keep the car original, then your future generations will have a peek-a-boo into yesterday.
Regards

Is this a current condition or the photo's are old? If this is a current condition then "WOW" that's the only thing i can say.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayabusa (Post 1082194)
Simply fantastic! Hats off to you sir! But don't you think modifying the car in any way means killing it's essence.
No offence meant to you though. Just asking because if you keep the car original, then your future generations will have a peek-a-boo into yesterday.
Regards

No modification are done in the car. the car is restored with all original parts. the powere stuff i am fitting was originally in this car, but when i bought the car the parts were missing. now i have procured the same and am activating it as it originally used to. the brand new cars used to have powered windows in 1947.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subodh Nath (Post 1083426)
No modification are done in the car. the car is restored with all original parts. the powere stuff i am fitting was originally in this car, but when i bought the car the parts were missing. now i have procured the same and am activating it as it originally used to. the brand new cars used to have powered windows in 1947.

My apologies Sir. Not in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that power windows existed at that time(Shocked).
My ignorance.

Awesome car this is! Incidentally, I'm looking more closely for the first time at the cars in the background, in the first pic. Do I see a Standard 10 Companion there (with the sunvisor?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 1086175)
Awesome car this is! Incidentally, I'm looking more closely for the first time at the cars in the background, in the first pic. Do I see a Standard 10 Companion there (with the sunvisor?)

Tes, thats a standard companion which we had and my brother used it everyday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subodh Nath (Post 1106337)
Tes, thats a standard companion which we had and my brother used it everyday.

I thought as much. Can you share some pictures with us? Thanks.

Neat car Mr. Nath.
Waiting for more pictures.