Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2009, 02:22   #1
BHPian

My Jawa 350

here are the snaps of my jawa 350 cc. Sorry for one snap more will follow shortly
Attached Thumbnails
My Jawa 350-jawa-350.jpg  

Old 1st February 2009, 23:26   #2
BHPian

A really nice one. What forks do you have on it? See u have modded ur tank too. Those fuel lids were available with Jain. I picked up a couple the last time I was there.

Just noticed that it looks like two fuel pipes coming out of the tank. Do you have two taps fitted?

Last edited by TuffRyder : 1st February 2009 at 23:28.
Old 2nd February 2009, 03:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Neat bike. Maybe I should have kept my bike decal-less too.

Front suspension is an RD one, I believe.
Old 2nd February 2009, 03:40   #4
BHPian

I quite like the original decals, the red, black and gold ones. There were two or three types though that I know of, the main difference was on the side box covers; one came with decals in line with the tank and the other had the metal monogram. The older ones came with just red and black decals (this Im not sure of but saying it on the basis of looking at an old manual). Im attaching two pictures, one is from the factory and the other one although not original decals, has the monogram on the side box.

One question I always get with my bike and was in fact questioned by a cop also once, the engine has Jawa written all over it and the bike says Yezdi. Had to always explain why it is so. Happy the cop at least wasn't ignorant of the fact that Jawa and Yezdi are related.
Attached Thumbnails
My Jawa 350-image00020hd3.jpg  

My Jawa 350-ytwin.jpg  

Last edited by TuffRyder : 2nd February 2009 at 03:48.
Old 2nd February 2009, 04:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

The black ones in the factory pic that you posted, actually have the Yezdi Monarch graphics, the Y350 was never release in India with this stickering. In fact, if you look closely, you can see monarch on the air filter cover.

The white one you see in the other picture is mine and I have attempted to recreate the original look shown on the manual cover. My bike initially came with the monogram as you see on the black bike, I felt it did not blend with the sloped decals and hence put in the spare sidecovers that I had picked up.
Old 2nd February 2009, 06:13   #6
BHPian

Your right. I didn't notice the Monarch on the cover.

Also if I remember well, the rear shox had no cover on it. Is the silver bike your's as well? I think I seen this one in Bangalore. A guy named Shantanu had a similar one, who was generous enough to lend me his 350 for a few days.

Would you part with those monograms if you not using?

Im building another 350 for touring. Collected various parts for it. Searched quite a bit and managed to find only a Monarch's frame. Hopefully, I dont have to modify it much to mount the engine. I noticed the swingarm although the same length as the 350 was slightly different at the end.
Attached Images

Last edited by TuffRyder : 2nd February 2009 at 06:20.
Old 2nd February 2009, 07:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Is this single or double carb? It looks almost like the carb is missing.

That front drum looks interesting..almost conical.

I loved the exhaust note on these bikes. Post a video if you can with the bike acclerating.
Old 2nd February 2009, 08:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

It's a single carb feeding both cylinders.

Kuttapa, could you tell us more about that front drum? I've never seen one opened..how does the brake shoe act on the conical surface? Just curious
Old 2nd February 2009, 09:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Bikes and very well maintained too.
Old 2nd February 2009, 09:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

@bsa1955: lovely bike brother. take good care of her. Since its a single carb, does she ride like a 350 bull ? whats the difference between the ride of both the bikes ?

cheers,
AC
Old 2nd February 2009, 14:44   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
@bsa1955: lovely bike brother. take good care of her. Since its a single carb, does she ride like a 350 bull ? whats the difference between the ride of both the bikes ?

cheers,
AC

Thanks AC427 running is good but you cant compare with the RD 350. but this is an equal bull if in hands of a carefull and neat rider. The sudden accleration like the rd is not there due to the fact the bike has been built with one carb. RD 350 is much more heavy in terms of weight and that for sure helps in road stability and turning around the corners.

but the Jawa 350 is quite famous for the milege it gives for the 350 category.

all in all i enjoy and love riding this bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Neat bike. Maybe I should have kept my bike decal-less too.

Front suspension is an RD one, I believe.

thanks kuttapan

yes the bike in the snap is on a brand new RD 350 front suspension.

less decals look neat. May be you should try it when u get it done again later some time

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd February 2009 at 22:50. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:40   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
A really nice one. What forks do you have on it? See u have modded ur tank too. Those fuel lids were available with Jain. I picked up a couple the last time I was there.

Just noticed that it looks like two fuel pipes coming out of the tank. Do you have two taps fitted?

thanks tuffryder

i have the rd350 forks on the bike with the front wisor shield. yes i have altered the tank a little basically this bikes original tank is too small in praportion to the size of the bike so had the tank split in between and extended 03 inches from the top part and gradually reduced the gar to 01 ince at the end. it looks neat and covers both bore heads by 1 inch either side. There has been 2 fuel taps fit on the tank for easy fuel pass over to the carb in times of low fuel (if ever)

i have the delorto 28MM carb(PHBH28) on the bike which has dual fuel inlets. i have had this carb for over 3 years now and have not even opened since then for any cleaning bike still starts in quarter kick and running is also very good with an average of about 28 to 33kms.
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:55   #13
BHPian

the bikes running on delorto carb. snaps attached
Attached Thumbnails
My Jawa 350-compressed.jpg  

My Jawa 350-compressed-2.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2009, 17:15   #14
BHPian

We had a jawa 350 way back when i was in school and my brother’s class mate fell for it and my dad sold it to him. By the time i had a little brain the bike had almost become a junk.

Few years back when the jawa factory was auctioned I kind of wanted to buy a 350 from the liquidators . There were few bikes then and the price quoted for a bike with out documents was too high. Left factory with a rough idea of what spares I could source for the bike. Same time found this 350 painted all dull black from top to bottom every nut and bolt was painted dull black by the previous owner, reasons known to him the best. The bike was in decent form and did start at half a kick. That was love at first sightJ

Picked the bike up for 12000 and went to factory and collected few bores/pistons/rings/electronics(14volts)/ carbon brush and not to forget the alloys on my oil king and a brand new engine in the shipment box as it was imported. Thought that this is what I would require in the long run for my bike to survive.

Later I painted the bike white did the brakes into the rod system. The snap posted is like how the bike looked then.

Now have done few more up gradation onto the bike. My friend from Mysore widely known as Mr. Jain had these pneumatic front suspensions stowed in a corner of his shop which grabbed my attention immediately. Before it was late took them and fixed them on the 350. The front is from a CZ off road version bike possible many may have seen this in the factory too. The bike is such a pleasure to ride now will post the snaps of the front end sometime next week as the bike is in Mysore at the moment.

So will have to wait for the video and the front end snaps.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd February 2009 at 18:17. Reason: Font tags
Old 2nd February 2009, 22:10   #15
BHPian

Pradeep: I have a dellorto carb that I picked up recently. I fit it on my RK. It is a 28 mm carb but not sure of the model number. It has a single fuel inlet though. Will go check out the model number. It was used on a rally RK before this. The choke system is missing as the previous owner had the type that has the lever on the handle bar. I need to fix one. Dint have any problem starting the bike though. Haven't ridden the bike after changing the carb to assess it. Should do it over the weekend.

Also if you plan on selling any jawa single or twin parts, please keep me in mind. I have two of each and desperately need some parts. Would love to see your bikes when I come down to mysore, if u would let me. Please PM me your number.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks