Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2010, 00:35   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMyLife View Post
FCB Boys:

When is the Club's next Rally/Meet? Looking forward to attend the next meet.

Some suggestions from me:
1. The Anniversary Meet was fabulous. Keep it that way SIMPLE and without any other guests/chief guests who are not interested in Fiats.

2. Lets not commercialize the Club by taking Formal Fees and Membership levels etc.

3. Share the expenses among all the members. Why only you guys burn the pockets! Let it be a non profit club just for true Fiat enthusiasts.

4. Interact with the members whenever you are free and not only during Club Meets.

5. Invite the family too of FCB members and make the event a Full fledged family event.
My Reply to your suggestions:

1. Thank you. We have never had any chief guest till date. But we intend to invite Mrs. Sudha Murthy and Mr. Narayana Murthy(Infosys) for our next Rally/Meet as they own a Padmini and are Fiat lovers.

2. We will NEVER commercialize the Club. We don't charge any fees like Annual/ quarterly etc. All Fiat owners in Bangalore are lifetime members of FCB by default.

3.We just share the costs equally among all the members as and when needed, without any profit to anybody.

4. Yes, point noted. We will try to speak to members during weekend and ask them if any help needed in keeping their Fiat in top condition.

5. Yes. We were concentrating only on members. We will arrange our meets better and Invite the family members too of FCB members.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:39   #1547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Oops! Never intended to sound harsh or rude. Some words like membership fee irked me at that moment. My sincere apologies if sounded harsh
Yeah Karthik. Even I hate all Formalities like membership fee etc.

We are doing a good job by keeping the spirits of Fiats high and lets continue to do so. We should pat on our backs!
Old 11th April 2010, 00:46   #1548
Senior - BHPian

Aal izz well! Lets just focus on the vision and goals of FCB. We will be glad to meet you and see your car FiatMyLove.

Do post details and pictures of your car. One thing is still unclear. Had you attended the rally and have we already met?
Old 11th April 2010, 01:01   #1549
BANNED

FCB Boys:

Thanks for clearing my doubts.

Sorry, I wasn't properly informed of FCB. I was thinking membership is with fee only and I thought rallys were races and included only members.
I did not know the history of FCB and didn't know about FCB founders as I heard about the club from some friend.

I have not attended any of FCB's meets. I own a 1988 Padmini which is in my hometown.

Hope to see you guys soon. Way to go FCB! I am proud of you members who made the Club what it is today.

Old 11th April 2010, 01:20   #1550
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Dear Fiat is my life, i asked you to give your introduction here. we do not know who you are. we definitely take your valuable suggestion if we consider, its in our limits and its right. FYI FCB is the happening FIAT club in INDIA, we have support from many other fiat clubs like FCCC-Pune, FCCH, FCL, FCK, FCCC- Mumbai. Everybody in the fiat club are happy about the way FCB is going. Please give your introduction, Join and Attend the Club rally/meets. We do not encourage anonymous messages, scraps, mails, posts. calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMyLife View Post
FCB Boys:

When is the Club's next Rally/Meet? Looking forward to attend the next meet.

Some suggestions from me:
1. The Anniversary Meet was fabulous. Keep it that way SIMPLE and without any other guests/chief guests who are not interested in Fiats.

2. Lets not commercialize the Club by taking Formal Fees and Membership levels etc.

3. Share the expenses among all the members. Why only you guys burn the pockets! Let it be a non profit club just for true Fiat enthusiasts.

4. Interact with the members whenever you are free and not only during Club Meets.

5. Invite the family too of FCB members and make the event a Full fledged family event.

Last edited by Karthik1100 : 11th April 2010 at 01:23. Reason: small mistake
Old 11th April 2010, 01:26   #1551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Please give your introduction, Join and Attend the Club rally/meets. We do not encourage anonymous messages, scraps, mails, posts. calls.
Hey Karthik. FiatMyLife is a new member and didn't know anything about our Club. He is not anonymous and I have spoken to him. I have explained him everything and cleared his doubts.

Now he is a proud FCB member.

Last edited by arun1100 : 11th April 2010 at 01:30.
Old 11th April 2010, 11:53   #1552
BHPian

IS FCK fiat club of Kerala?
Btw ,is there any fiat club in Kerala?
Kerala especially in rural areas like mine have still fiats as daily use cars
Old 11th April 2010, 11:54   #1553
BHPian

I too have a yearning towards padminis as I learned to drive on one loong time ago
Old 11th April 2010, 11:56   #1554
BHPian

What will be the price of a nice well kept Padmini S1 executive with factory aircon and Bucket seats ?
I am looking to own one if come across a good piece
Old 11th April 2010, 12:01   #1555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post
IS FCK fiat club of Kerala?
Btw ,is there any fiat club in Kerala?
Kerala especially in rural areas like mine have still fiats as daily use cars
FCK is Fiat 1100 Club - Kangayam (TN).

I wish someone in Kerala starts a Club for Classic Fiats.

Quote:
I too have a yearning towards padminis as I learned to drive on one loong time ago
Most of us have had a similar experience.

Quote:
What will be the price of a nice well kept Padmini S1 executive with factory aircon and Bucket seats ?
I am looking to own one if come across a good piece
Bangalore rates are high for such cars. It can cost upto 45k. Hope you buy one soon!
Old 11th April 2010, 12:38   #1556
Senior - BHPian

It seems the demand for S1 is increasing. Had to be vigilant from now on.
Old 11th April 2010, 13:24   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
FCK is Fiat 1100 Club - Kangayam (TN).

I wish someone in Kerala starts a Club for Classic Fiats.

Most of us have had a similar experience.

Bangalore rates are high for such cars. It can cost upto 45k. Hope you buy one soon!
thanks arun,
I will have to look in kerala itself because here the cost of ordinary deluxe be padminis is only 15 to 20 thosand.
So S1 having aircon may command around 30 to 35.
There is one family who had huge fleet of padminis of various years all having the same number 678
Old 11th April 2010, 13:26   #1558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is one family who had huge fleet of padminis of various years all having the same number 678
Does that family still own those cars?
Old 11th April 2010, 21:19   #1559
Senior - BHPian

FCB has got a new member!

A Blue 1964 Super Select, in super mint condition. Owned by Mr. Srinivas of Jeep Thrills. OTR guys will know him well. Recent Bangalore OTR where BD Sir too was present was held in Mr. Srinivas's Land.

He has kept the Fiat very well as he is a Mechanical Engineer. He has promised to help us in our future restoration projects. He stays very close to Karthik Makam's house.
Old 11th April 2010, 21:22   #1560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks arun,
I will have to look in kerala itself because here the cost of ordinary deluxe be padminis is only 15 to 20 thosand.
So S1 having aircon may command around 30 to 35.
Phew!

Any pictures of any of those cars will be much appreciated!

Most Viewed