Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2010, 07:25   #1666
BHPian

Hi Arun,
I found two old cars one an old Premier and the other a Fiat (I think) lying rusting amongst the bushes in an old house on Infantry Road. The house belongs to Mr Nizamuddin, I think he used to be the Police Commissioner of Bangalore, did not have a camera so could not take snaps, they are old cars as was evident from the number plates seen on them, tried calling you but there was no response. You could go have a look at them.
The house is located next to the PC Mallappa shop (sanitaryware) and opposite Sultania emporium on Infantry road.
Col Gopinath
Old 9th May 2010, 13:11   #1667
Senior - BHPian

^Hello Sir,
I will try to get some pics of these cars.
Old 9th May 2010, 15:20   #1668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
FCB Member Mr. Arun Vasudevan's very original Super Select. Enjoy the pics.

Ravi: Yet another Blue SS!
Arun Bro, what a beautiful car, can we meet him next weekend to take more pictures. In another devlopment, I met Mr. Kannan and the Mercedes is going to take another 4 days to complete the tin work. After that its my car

@Shyam: the wheels are original, missing only the wheel caps.

@ Karl : Is the Fuse box original and if yes then was it the same on select also. I currently have the one shown below in the manual

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-25.jpg

Last edited by manishalive : 9th May 2010 at 15:28.
Old 9th May 2010, 15:32   #1669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
@Shyam: the wheels are original, missing only the wheel caps.
Oops, sorry my bad! I just noticed, those are indeed the original rims!!

So now we would know how useful Arun's 1100 wheelcap collection could be!
Old 9th May 2010, 15:52   #1670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Oops, sorry my bad! I just noticed, those are indeed the original rims!!

So now we would know how useful Arun's 1100 wheelcap collection could be!
Hold on Shyam Garu, Arun is a very good friend of mine and cause of its proximity to scrapyard, he has a lot of my stuff with him. Hope you got the drift.

I would also require the one trim piece that we talked about from you. Lets see how we get on that.
Old 9th May 2010, 19:03   #1671
Senior - BHPian

Wah wah! What a beauty the Super Select is. My eyes feel rejuvinated now.

I have a pretty good number of grills collected (100% courtesy Arun for getting me some and tipping on some). They are:
1) Original S1 grill
2) 2 delight grills
3) 2 metal Italian grills
4) President Grill
5) Gegular Sunax grill
6) 2 Sports grill (I know its not of any importance)

I washed them up nicely, dried them and archived them safely today. All these were lying in the trunk of my S1 since ages. It was a painstaking procedure and took close to 3 hours to wash them up and pack them. These wouldnt come out for quite some time now, except for the president grill when I restore my MEO 2121.

NOTE: None of the grills would be sold nor given to anyone. I have purely archived it so that I can use/swap on my S1/President or any other Fiat that I may aquire in future.
Old 12th May 2010, 20:48   #1672
Senior - BHPian

On a usual trip to the local car scrapyard today, Karthik and me were surprised to see some nice pretty girls shopping for Fiat parts!!!

Then as a responsible FCBian we helped them to procure the Fiat parts they needed. Those girls were from NIFD Bangalore. They are doing some product designing using FIAT parts. They were really happy to know about FCB.

We took their details and hopefully they will be attending the next FCB rally, as cheer girls?!
Old 12th May 2010, 21:11   #1673
Senior - BHPian

They needed many used parts like tail lamps and other cosmetic stuff and we helped them procure it. They needed it to do design some stuff (not related to Fiats). We also ensured they werent over charged.

Out of the lot, a couple of them had Fiats back home and were getting inspired by us to stock up some parts
Old 13th May 2010, 09:12   #1674
BHPian

Gujari Visit

Quote:
On a usual trip to the local car scrapyard today, Karthik and me were surprised to see some nice pretty -------girls?!
Chief, do not forget to give me a call next time you are visiting the Gujari! As I expressed at the BCSC meet, I would want to step in there with Pros and I still haven't found the diaphragm for my Carb! Thanks
Old 15th May 2010, 21:56   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Went for a nice drive in my S1 today. Place was near Chikmanglur. Very scenic and green it was. Been to a friends house to attend some function. Covered 535kms in total and petrol consumed was roughly 32-35liters. Had no issues with the car throughout. Hit a top speed of 130-135kmph and was always between 90-100kmph whenever the road permitted. I think the FE is a bit low because of heavy traffic from Blr to Nelmangala (35 kms) on onward and return journey and I was really revving hard throughout the journey. Started at 7AM and back at 9PM

Will post some pics tomorrow.

Last edited by funkykar : 15th May 2010 at 21:58.
Old 15th May 2010, 22:58   #1676
Senior - BHPian

^^ Wow! Looks like you had a Fiatful day!

Its almost clear that the Goa/ Belgaum trip with other Fiat Club guys is cancelled. We FCB guys shall continue with our Original plan of touring few places in Karnataka and then Goa. Hope this dream atleast come true!
Old 16th May 2010, 11:39   #1677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Went for a nice drive in my S1 today. Place was near Chikmanglur. Very scenic and green it was. Been to a friends house to attend some function. Covered 535kms in total and petrol consumed was roughly 32-35liters. Had no issues with the car throughout. Hit a top speed of 130-135kmph and was always between 90-100kmph whenever the road permitted. I think the FE is a bit low because of heavy traffic from Blr to Nelmangala (35 kms) on onward and return journey and I was really revving hard throughout the journey. Started at 7AM and back at 9PM

Will post some pics tomorrow.
Wow you must had a romantic drive. I also love doing Hyd to Shadnagar a 80 km drive on a 4 lane high way. My PP goes rocket. I can imagine the drive of 500 and above kms. Were you driving all alone or you were sharing the steering with someone else. Pleassse post the pics and do not forget for any reason.
Old 16th May 2010, 20:13   #1678
Senior - BHPian

I went along with my loved one(would be getting married soon). I was the only one at the wheel all along. Yesterday, after the tiring drive, was in no mood to get the pics from camera and to post. Here they are. My fuel calculations may be incorrect. May be the fuel economy was far better that what I thought yesterday. I have many queries on this and will post it on the tech info thread.

Before you guys notice and tell me, I know that the right indicator bulb is busted and will replace it very soon.

These are the only set of pics I have. I was in no mood to stop my car and take pictures. I just dint want to step off the gas pedal at all. Generally, my photography skills are pretty bad, so that also turns me off.

On this drive, I had many many moments where I literally surprised and may be pissed many many cars by sheer speed. I could match most of the modern cars in terms of speed and power. I was kind of in a racing mood, yet followed every single highway rule and I we were always wearing the seat belt. This highway has lot of bends and turns and atleast 70% of the route is a single road with no divider. I love driving under these conditions. This game a upper hand too as my top end is limited to around 130kmph. A notable moment for me was on the return journey. I over took a KSRTC bus travelling at high speed. It was such that in no time I went far ahead and vanished. Around 30kms later, I halted at Kamat for a chai. While I was returning back to the car the same KSRTC bus came in. The driver immediately walked up to me and was full of praises for my car. It seems he tried to find me for atleast 10 kms and since he saw no track, was very surprised. In his days, he was working as a driver to someone in Bangalore and drove a Fiat for over 10 yrs.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00045.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00046.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00047.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00050.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00052.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00053.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00054.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00055.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00057.jpg  

Old 16th May 2010, 20:19   #1679
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Mak! Good that s1 didn't give any trouble.

Road looks superb. What about a FCB drive in this road! Aah can't wait to drive a Fiat in such roads!
Old 16th May 2010, 20:44   #1680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice pics Mak! Good that s1 didn't give any trouble.

Road looks superb. What about a FCB drive in this road! Aah can't wait to drive a Fiat in such roads!

Yeah, old cars turn troublesome if you dont love it enough. Sujith too keeps muttering this atleast once in a hours talk. May be you should say "Good you did not trouble the S1". This is my favorite route and I often travel to Chikmanglur through this route frequently. Place around Chikmanglur makes me feel home and closer to nature. Also, I have to admit one thing here. Since I am a NE and Fiatian, the drives on NE are more relaxing and less tiring. No harm meant for Fiats. Just my experience with these cars. We should have a FCB drive soon. An interstate meet or national meet. Interstate meet is lot better.

Also, I had been with some friends to a resort named Guhantara on Kanakapura road, some 35 kms from my home. While returning, we were a total of 5 in our car. At around the Metro near Banashankari, it started to pour like hell. All Bangaloreans would know how heavy the rain was today. Literally I just had some 3-5 feet visibility. My friends were shell shocked and scared while I was driving. They were shouting and screaming as if they were being kidnapped. Most from the lady folks. Many trees and branches falling off in front of our eyes. I drove all the way back home on these conditons. Been a very long time since I drove like this. Last was on Goa trip on my NE. At times, the water level on streets were up to the running board. Brakes were to feeble.

S1 brings all the 5 home safely, including the S1. Sorry guys, no pics. Did not have the presence of mind nor would I have taken that rish of taking pics.

Last edited by funkykar : 16th May 2010 at 20:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks