Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 22:50   #1711
Senior - BHPian

One day I had been to a friends place and was very sick. I had to drive back 30kms back home. My friend insisted that I take a rick or cab. I did not budge and went back home. Shortly after I reached, my friend calls me back to ask if I reached safely(more because I was driving back an old car). I dont know what struck me, I felt bad that he asked that to me. My response was:

"If I am not Okay, my Fiat takes me home; If my Fiat isnt, I take her home".

My friend just started laughing madly saying 'you will never change' several times.

This quote just struck to me from nowhere and I kind of loved it. I thought it was worth mentioning here. Hope you guys liked it

Last edited by funkykar : 19th May 2010 at 22:51.
Old 19th May 2010, 23:15   #1712
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
One day I had been to a friends place and was very sick. I had to drive back 30kms back home. My friend insisted that I take a rick or cab. I did not budge and went back home. Shortly after I reached, my friend calls me back to ask if I reached safely(more because I was driving back an old car). I dont know what struck me, I felt bad that he asked that to me. My response was:

My friend just started laughing madly saying 'you will never change' several times.

This quote just struck to me from nowhere and I kind of loved it. I thought it was worth mentioning here. Hope you guys liked it

Nice Quote but if you think practically, first sentence is true, in any condition you can drive fiats (1100 series) second sentence is wrong. you'll take her to nearest doctor.
Old 19th May 2010, 23:20   #1713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
You mean your dad's padmini?

I remember this grille came around early/mid 80s- the grille I bought and also another one that unfortunately was broken, was fitted on cars with the quarter-glasses. Plus I've seen similar models in a mid 80s Hindi movie. Maybe it continued on the later ('87-88) models too.

Cute pic.!
where is the doll?? is it still with you? i don't remember seeing in your car.
start the restoration or fix the parts back to your car. i cant see your car in that condition.
Old 19th May 2010, 23:25   #1714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Nice Quote but if you think practically, first sentence is true, in any condition you can drive fiats (1100 series) second sentence is wrong. you'll take her to nearest doctor.
I agree!

I meant how much we care for each other

Last edited by funkykar : 19th May 2010 at 23:29.
Old 19th May 2010, 23:27   #1715
BANNED

Quote:

True Spirit. I love it.

Its happened to me many a times in my Bug. But each time, the car reached us home safely.

Many a times my relatives say that if we get the Bug and leave late. "Leave this car here, take my car and go, its tooo late in the night"

It hurts sentiments of guys like us stuck to an old car, But we still drive on,thats the bonding and undying spirit.
Old 19th May 2010, 23:31   #1716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
True Spirit. I love it.

Its happened to me many a times in my Bug. But each time, the car reached us home safely.

Many a times my relatives say that if we get the Bug and leave late. "Leave this car here, take my car and go, its tooo late in the night"

It hurts sentiments of guys like us stuck to an old car, But we still drive on,thats the bonding and undying spirit.

Absolutely! They ask us to take the car and go. Where as the same person would be scared to drive the same car late at night. We never ever think twice to take our old timer with us anytime anywhere.

Yes, we all take pride in doing this
Old 19th May 2010, 23:43   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely! They ask us to take the car and go. Where as the same person would be scared to drive the same car late at night. We never ever think twice to take our old timer with us anytime anywhere.

Yes, we all take pride in doing this
Many people think old cars are troublesome. if the parts are too old i agree it a troublesome, we drive it often, we replace the parts which has no life. we maintain the mechanical movements in proper condition. we keep upgrading the car, many think car has a life of 5years after 5 years car dies. car will never die even if we die if it is taken care properly. only car lovers can understand this.
Old 19th May 2010, 23:50   #1718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many people think old cars are troublesome. if the parts are too old i agree it a troublesome, we drive it often, we replace the parts which has no life. we maintain the mechanical movements in proper condition. we keep upgrading the car, many think car has a life of 5years after 5 years car dies. car will never die even if we die if it is taken care properly. only car lovers can understand this.
The older generation people and the yester decade cars are classic examples of how to maintain a car, love it, pamper it. Today is the trend where on an average a person buys a new car and sells it after 3-5 yrs on an average. Those were the days where atleast 4 generations used a single car.

It is our time now to relive the magic of the old days and saving a lot of classics. Hats off to all those directly and indirectly involved
Old 20th May 2010, 00:09   #1719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
RESTORATION Cool, when are you going to start, am waiting from more than a year now. Waiting made me so mad that I ended up restoring my own car .

Please start soon, 297 should be like sports. Let 331 be classic.
Buddy are you happy with your car's restoration?!!

I am not in a hurry. I will get it restored in such a way that I should never repent about whatever work had been done.

We both restore our cars together now? Game for it?

Quote:
where is the doll?? is it still with you? i don't remember seeing in your car.
start the restoration or fix the parts back to your car. i cant see your car in that condition.
Just hoping to start the work soon.
Old 20th May 2010, 02:23   #1720
BANNED

Quote:
...."If I am not Okay, my Fiat takes me home; If my Fiat isnt, I take her home".....

Superb dialog da, very true in my case. Even 2nd sentence is very true for me. No matter what happens, I 1st get the Car home. Then only doctor, its like you feel better when you reach home after falling sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
....Many a times my relatives say that if we get the Bug and leave late. "Leave this car here, take my car and go, its tooo late in the night"

This situation has happened with us also Pavan, at times when we owned only the Padmini. I was only 18years old when I used to take my Padmini for reunions. The pictures used to be very strange there, which also attracts a lot of attention. Imagine a group of young boys all in modern clothes, and a white PADMINI standing by.
Old 21st May 2010, 14:57   #1721
Senior - BHPian

FIATs of Jeff

Fiat pics of one of FCB's earliest members - Jeffry Joseph. He has attended every single meet of FCB. He has 6 Fiats, most of them parked outside his house.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc01900.jpg

Pics Courtesy: FIAT 1100 CLUB, Bangalore - Jeff's Beauties!!

Fleet of some of his cars.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc08842.jpg

Original Imported Delight

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-copy-dsc08842.jpg

His first Fiat(Dad's)

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-11012009053.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc01910.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc01391.jpg

Millecento (Under restoration)

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc08848.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-07122008026.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-07122008024.jpg

Fiat 1100 Delight - His daily drive

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-jeff101.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-07122008029.jpg
Old 21st May 2010, 15:14   #1722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Fiat pics of one of FCB's earliest members - Jeffry Joseph. He has attended every single meet of FCB. He has 6 Fiats, most of them parked outside his house.

Jeff has a knack of finding Fiats with fancy numbers. Getting a very good Fiat itself is a tough task, but finding one with a fancy number is a herculean task. I loved the number MEO 99. My president number is MEO 2121

Nice cars you got Jeff

Last edited by funkykar : 21st May 2010 at 15:31.
Old 22nd May 2010, 00:06   #1723
Senior - BHPian

Hats off dude!!

Hats off Jeff! for your collection. You have only Fiats and PP's is it? I love your white car with alloys (though other cars are pretty) have you posted and pic of your millecento restoration if not why not now. I am inspired by you my friend. I am sure with guys like you, sagar, arun and others Fiat & PP's will live long with a bright future. All the best FCB.
Old 22nd May 2010, 16:04   #1724
Senior - BHPian

Go Green!

Soon this super exotic Green Padmini will join the FCB Brigade!

This car is being restored since a year by the Big Daddy of Fiats in Bengaluru. This surely be one of the hottest PADMINI in town.

Once complete, this will surely be the most mechanically fit FIAT of FCB.

The painting is just done. Will post more details of the car soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc02367.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc02359.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2010, 16:10   #1725
BANNED

WOOW! Good to see SMG's FIAT finally! I too saw this FIAT few days back. The paint job is just SUPERB.

NO doubt this will be the best Padmini in town. Mechanically it GOT to be the best.

Mr. SMG waiting to see this in the next FCB Rally.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks