Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2010, 15:58   #1801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Suren got a similar set for his elegant through Prabhu (Newmars), so you can enquire from him.
And can someone do me a favor too, these are not there in Bangalore. My tires have any way gone so need to go for new ones.
Old 1st June 2010, 19:46   #1802
BANNED

S1 E-manifold fixed

Hi all,

In spite of the exam season and my mom shouting at me for not studying, I went ahead in replacing the stock exhaust manifold to the S1's exhaust manifold. I wanted to go for a S1's manifold as I read Mr.Dhabhar had recommended some one for the same.

Here are the pictures of the work, but My car lost its trade mark sound now, will run a few more months with this manifold as the pick-up, acceleration all are very smooth . Sound is lower that before, sounds like a minimised headers noise.

I also got the carburettor serviced along with this work.

regards
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dscn4689.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dscn4688.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dscn4694.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dscn4707.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dscn4683.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dscn4711.jpg  

Old 1st June 2010, 20:22   #1803
Senior - BHPian

^^ This is an excellent mod for your car. You should definitely have a better pickup and mileage. Hope it settles down nicely and you will be happy with the new sound.

@Sujith: Where did you manage to find the S1 manifold and pipes?

Last edited by funkykar : 1st June 2010 at 20:30.
Old 1st June 2010, 20:48   #1804
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
^^ This is an excellent mod for your car. You should definitely have a better pickup and mileage. Hope it settles down nicely and you will be happy with the new sound.

@Sujith: Where did you manage to find the S1 manifold and pipes?
1. Ya, am just hoping that the sound slowly changes and comes to the old way as I have retained the 1.5" pipes. Am happy with the pick-up and smoothness.

2. After months of hunting, begging, my mechanic gave me call and revealed the biggest surprise of my life. As all knew that I was badly searching for a S1's E-manifold, FCB guys were trying hard to find me one. My mechanic got this manifold and pipe from some where only for me, but he didn't tell from where ! Got a call on sunday, fixed it on Tuesday

Spotted this Padmini near Bethany school, Koramangala. Seen this car a couple of times before too.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dscn4681.jpg  

Old 1st June 2010, 20:51   #1805
Senior - BHPian

^^ Is a S1 manifold and double pipe a direct fit for your car? S1 inlet manifold too is a little different. Did you have any trouble with the seating of inlet manifold?
Old 1st June 2010, 20:57   #1806
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
^^ Is a S1 manifold and double pipe a direct fit for your car? S1 inlet manifold too is a little different. Did you have any trouble with the seating of inlet manifold?
As you mentioned its little projecting out compare to the older ones, and the manifold flange is thick with 3 studs. I had the same doubt. Again Italian Engineering here , The old and new pipes curve down and goes through the lower arm of the FR-suspension. And they fit so perfect within that space with out any problem. Also causes no obstruction to the arm movement.
Old 1st June 2010, 22:02   #1807
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
As you mentioned its little projecting out compare to the older ones, and the manifold flange is thick with 3 studs. I had the same doubt. Again Italian Engineering here , The old and new pipes curve down and goes through the lower arm of the FR-suspension. And they fit so perfect within that space with out any problem. Also causes no obstruction to the arm movement.
all the best bro. you are making your car sporty every and now.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:48   #1808
BHPian

@Sujith, You are so lucky to get those rare parts! Happy driving bro!
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:03   #1809
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_2007 View Post
For this particular component I consider myself very very lucky. Was behind it for more than a year. And Karthik Makam and Arun used to always try their best to get it for me. Unexpectedly I got a call from my mechanic for he had got one !

Engine is running smoother, pick-up and acceleration is superb and steady. Now acceleration wise it equivalent to my 2006 Santro.
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:54   #1810
Senior - BHPian

You are extremely lucky Sujith to have got this manifold and twin pipe. This is a very hard to find spare even in worse condition. So you too now enjoying the roar of S1
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:02   #1811
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
You are extremely lucky Sujith to have got this manifold and twin pipe. This is a very hard to find spare even in worse condition. So you too now enjoying the roar of S1

I am enjoying the slight increase in power and all, but roar ? My car lost its trade mark flattering sound which was an high frequency metallic sound. People could hear from long distances. But am hoping for the new sound to improve, there are promising signs of it when I rip.
Old 3rd June 2010, 00:10   #1812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_2007 View Post
Quote:
For this particular component I consider myself very very lucky. Was behind it for more than a year. And Karthik Makam and Arun used to always try their best to get it for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Quote:
I am enjoying the slight increase in power and all, but roar ? My car lost its trade mark flattering sound which was an high frequency metallic sound. People could hear from long distances. But am hoping for the new sound to improve, there are promising signs of it when I rip.
Finding the S1 manifold and the twin pipe is literally impossible. Atleast so in Bangalore. Till date we have seen only 2 S1's being broken in Bangalore. We have tried and scavenged with as many parts as possible. On the first S1, the engine along with manifold was already sold by the time we went. On the second one, it was damaged.

We are extremely happy that you found it Sujith. Its like gold. Happy revving!
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:05   #1813
Senior - BHPian

The monsoon seems to have arrived! Its also about time for our next meet/rally. Like last year, we need to have a 'Monsoon Drive'. Last time turn out was excellent. We also have a lot of new members who are itching to meet.
Old 4th June 2010, 00:05   #1814
BANNED

Invitation

The 118NE CLUB BENGAURU [NECB], officially invites all the members of FCB for the inauguration of NECB, which will mark its Foundation day. Details of the meet are given below:

Date : Sunday, 6th June 2010
Time : 1100Hrs (11am)
Venue : Central Library, Cubbon Park, Bangalore

FCB members owning 118NEs will be automatically granted membership in NECB. And members who don't are always welcome to participate in NECB Meets and Rally.

Thanking Team-FCB for the support

Drive SAFE

Founders
118NE CLUB BENGALURU
Old 4th June 2010, 00:17   #1815
Senior - BHPian

So another club in Bangalore NECB.Congrats guys.You all show tremendous spirit of fraternity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks