Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2010, 19:07   #2101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I have been in touch with Prerana motors since over a week as myself and a few others have booked for the Palio Stile. The sales head and manager in charge for Fiat section at Prerana was very impressed to know about FCB and had a few general discussions. The sales head Vijay who has been in touch with me called me today morning. He said that news of FCB has reached Fiat-India Bangalore officials and they too are impressed. They want to meet the founders some day for lunch or dinner and have casual discussions with us. Later, they would want to join us in some of our rallys to see how we go about.

On behalf of FCB, we founder members would be meeting Fiat-India in the coming week. By the way, we are not expecting anything from them, we are just glad to hear from them and to meet them.
Thats a proud moment for all of us (fiatians). Hope you all enjoy the rendezvous. BTW you are planning to purchase a Palio and/or a Nano.
Old 29th July 2010, 19:10   #2102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Thats a proud moment for all of us (fiatians). Hope you all enjoy the rendezvous. BTW you are planning to purchase a Palio and/or a Nano.

Thanks a lot! Hope it would be a nice experience for FCB as well as Fiat-India. We will keep you posted on the happenings.

I had a Nano for 3 months and had to part away with it. Its a long story that I cannot explain here

Now, along with my endless list of 1100's and NE's, a Fiat Palio Stile 1.3 SDX would join the stable.
Old 29th July 2010, 22:28   #2103
BHPian

Congrates funkykar for the Palio. It is one the robust machine from FIAT. That to in Exotica Red. New FIAT logo really matches with the colour.
Old 29th July 2010, 23:00   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He said that news of FCB has reached Fiat-India Bangalore officials and they too are impressed. They want to meet the founders some day for lunch or dinner and have casual discussions with us. Later, they would want to join us in some of our rallys to see how we go about..
Good work guys, keep it up !
Quote:
Now, along with my endless list of 1100's and NE's, a Fiat Palio Stile 1.3 SDX would join the stable.
Wow, that's the best news I've heard today. Please do post pics the moment she arrives !!
Old 29th July 2010, 23:26   #2105
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone. The new FIAT logo will definitely look good on the exotica red.

Here are some pics of Vaitheeswaran from Erode who is a member of FCB. He wanted the pics of his 1974 dieseled Fiat.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00919.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00920.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00921.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00922.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00923.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00924.jpg  

Last edited by funkykar : 29th July 2010 at 23:31.
Old 30th July 2010, 09:39   #2106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On behalf of FCB, we founder members would be meeting Fiat-India in the coming week. By the way, we are not expecting anything from them, we are just glad to hear from them and to meet them.
That's great news, hope if we can divert the attention of Fiat India for the non avalibility of parts for the Cars and lack of information for reference.

Off track In my company we provide spares upto 25 years of discontinuation. And for much older products we have classic parts .
Old 30th July 2010, 13:29   #2107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
That's great news, hope if we can divert the attention of Fiat India for the non avalibility of parts for the Cars and lack of information for reference.

Off track In my company we provide spares upto 25 years of discontinuation. And for much older products we have classic parts .

Lets see! We will surely discuss this and see if what their reactions would be.
Old 30th July 2010, 13:56   #2108
BHPian

Quote:
I have been in touch with Prerana motors since over a week as myself and a few others have booked for the Palio Stile. The sales head and manager in charge for Fiat section at Prerana was very impressed to know about FCB and had a few general discussions. The sales head Vijay who has been in touch with me called me today morning. He said that news of FCB has reached Fiat-India Bangalore officials and they too are impressed. They want to meet the founders some day for lunch or dinner and have casual discussions with us. Later, they would want to join us in some of our rallys to see how we go about.

That's great news. Visibility and Recognition in any form is worth it's weight in gold. Kudos to you guys, keep up the good work.
Old 30th July 2010, 13:59   #2109
BHPian

Fiat mechanics in south Bangalore

Any other good Premier Padmini mechanics in south Bangalore apart from Mr.Govindarajan
Old 30th July 2010, 14:04   #2110
Distinguished - BHPian

The FCCCI has been in close contact with Fiat India for a few years now. We were even lucky to visit the Kurla premises when it was still operational, and subsequently we have visited the Ranjangaon premises a few times, usually in July, as July 11th is foundation day.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...aon-fccci.html

It is rather unreasonable to expect Fiat to supply parts for our cars - you must remember they exited India in 1972, almost 40 years back! It was Premier all the way after that. Even internationally the 1100s stopped by 1967. They have however extended their support to other activities, and have even made a couple of corporate films on the club.
Old 30th July 2010, 14:15   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
Any other good Premier Padmini mechanics in south Bangalore apart from Mr.Govindarajan
There are many good mechanics. But it all depends on the work to be done. Did you find any other good Padmini for sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The FCCCI has been in close contact with Fiat India for a few years now.
You guys are really lucky!

Quote:
It is rather unreasonable to expect Fiat to supply parts for our cars
Very true.

Last edited by funkykar : 30th July 2010 at 14:16.
Old 30th July 2010, 15:11   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
It is rather unreasonable to expect Fiat to supply parts for our cars - you must remember they exited India in 1972, almost 40 years back! It was Premier all the way after that. Even internationally the 1100s stopped by 1967. They have however extended their support to other activities, and have even made a couple of corporate films on the club.
I knew of that and have seen one of the film also , great. I was just wondering how internationally parts of other cars like standards, mercedes, plymouth etc are available. similarly some thing could be done for 1100's.

Also when you search internet you will get to know a lot about model features and like to bring the cars to originality (by books, by websites by experts etc. etc.) I find it difficult to find the same for Fiat's and this forum has been of immence help to me.

Any way, let's carry on with work and cherish the excitement of Finding NOS parts on the way.
Old 30th July 2010, 15:16   #2113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I knew of that and have seen one of the film also , great.
Can you post the link here of the videos?

Quote:
I was just wondering how internationally parts of other cars like standards, mercedes, plymouth etc are available. similarly some thing could be done for 1100's.
May be because 1100s' are popular only in India?!
Old 30th July 2010, 15:28   #2114
BHPian

[quote=funkykar;2003892]There are many good mechanics. But it all depends on the work to be done. Did you find any other good Padmini for sale?

No funkykar, been busy with office work. Just collecting information on the mechanics, whom I could use as soon as I am able to get a decent car or even meet with them if they have any info available on any PP's for sale
Old 30th July 2010, 15:35   #2115
Senior - BHPian

@Sats: When it comes to some of the popular mechanics anywhere in Bangalore, dont ask about used cars until you befriend them. Many get really pissed off and give rude answers that they dont deal in cars and will not entertain anymore. I guess you just need to wait it out until you find a decent one. Please do not hurry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks