Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:26   #2161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I remember having seen MYB 6767 for sale on ebay India a few years ago. Here's how she was then:
It was for sale during his financial crisis I guess.

Quote:
'would be nicer if the numberplates still had the trademark Bengaluru stencil font though.
Is this font unique to Bengaluru?
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:58   #2162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Is this font unique to Bengaluru?
'seems so as it's no longer commonly used anywhere else.
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:31   #2163
Senior - BHPian

Today its so cloudy in Bangalore and raing in few areas. How much we wished that it rains during FCB meet! Even on Monsoon Meet we missed the rain and on Aug 1st too.

May be we should consult the MET Dept. before deciding on meet dates or else we decide a Meet instantly on a day when it's raining heavily!!
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:42   #2164
BHPian

MET for MEET Ha Ha hA!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Today its so cloudy in Bangalore and raing in few areas. How much we wished that it rains during FCB meet! Even on Monsoon Meet we missed the rain and on Aug 1st too.

May be we should consult the MET Dept. before deciding on meet dates or else we decide a Meet instantly on a day when it's raining heavily!!
Consult MET for meet Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please follow the advice as follows,
the moment they predict clear and bright sunshine, immd. decide rally on that day. You will get pouring rainfall on the day!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 4th August 2010, 20:35   #2165
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks funkykar, onces again for introducing Mr.Vaitheeshwaran to PremierPadmini site, I feel pride for the work he is carrying out to help Fiatians.

Here is the work done for premierpadmini site.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-vpp.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-vpp1.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00957.jpg  

Old 4th August 2010, 20:38   #2166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehul1100 View Post
Thanks funkykar, onces again for introducing Mr.Vaitheeshwaran to PremierPadmini site, I feel pride for the work he is carrying out to help Fiatians.

Vaitheeshwaran is aiming to meet all the Fiatians aorund him and in Erode to help them in what ever way he could, I bow my head to his spirit of Fiatism.
Old 4th August 2010, 21:57   #2167
Senior - BHPian

www. Premierpadmini.webs.com - ZINDABAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehul1100 View Post

Mehul1100: tussi great ho ji!!

Premier padmini site member Vaitheeshwaran made stickers to distribute all the fiat owners of tamil nadu, hats off to u, i am speechless seeing the fiatism in you - Mr.Vaitheeshwaran.

Sujith, MB, Arun and me are extremely proud to see at the extent you are working hard, to keep the spirits of a Premier Padmini and FIATs high.

You have done something which no other Fiat enthusuast has done.

FCB proudly declares that you deserve some more gifts from us. We have decided to mail you two sets of FCB stickers whose costs will be borne by we four guys. (NOTE: This offer is exclusively to you and FCB has not done any felicitation to any other person before!)

Last edited by funkykar : 4th August 2010 at 22:07.
Old 4th August 2010, 22:45   #2168
BHPian

Congrates Mehul & Mr.Vaitheeshwaran for FCB stickers!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's like a Filmfare (Fiatfare) award for you.
Amazing to see series pf pp.com stickers.
Thanx Mehul 4 sending me 1 set. It is proudly shining on my Padmini's rear glass.
Old 4th August 2010, 22:56   #2169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
FiatFare awards!! Or let it be FCB - FiatFair Awards!! Wah what an idea Sirji.

FCB will give such awards to those who care more for others' Fiats than for their own Fiat. Classic and proven example- Mr. Behram Dhabhar.

Last edited by funkykar : 4th August 2010 at 22:58.
Old 4th August 2010, 23:01   #2170
BHPian

Quote:
Mehul1100: tussi great ho ji!!

Premier padmini site member Vaitheeshwaran made stickers to distribute all the fiat owners of tamil nadu, hats off to u, i am speechless seeing the fiatism in you - Mr.Vaitheeshwaran.

Sujith, MB, Arun and me are extremely proud to see at the extent you are working hard, to keep the spirits of a Premier Padmini and FIATs high.

You have done something which no other Fiat enthusuast has done.

FCB proudly declares that you deserve some more gifts from us. We have decided to mail you two sets of FCB stickers whose costs will be borne by we four guys. (NOTE: This offer is exclusively to you and FCB has not done any felicitation to any other person before!)
Thanks FCB for the appreciation, it all started with your support only, especially Arun S who was the person who gave me some extra bhp to go far, which I never thought of.

The site premierpadmini is all jus because of Arun S only what ever may be the reason.

The sticker idea came from my friend Narendra Kale, first sticker was sent to him 6 months back and the work got a push up from Vaitheeshwaran.

Special thanks to Arun S, without him I wont be writing in here also. Thanks Arun S.
Old 4th August 2010, 23:05   #2171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
Congrates Mehul & Mr.Vaitheeshwaran for FCB stickers!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing to see series pf pp.com stickers.
Thanx Mehul 4 sending me 1 set. It is proudly shining on my Padmini's rear glass.
Thanks Narendra you were the first to paste pp.com sticker back then, hope to see you see you both soon.
Old 6th August 2010, 20:06   #2172
Senior - BHPian

A date with an IPS officer. A memorable day for Arun and me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakgita View Post
Hi Arun,
I found two old cars one an old Premier and the other a Fiat (I think) lying rusting amongst the bushes in an old house on Infantry Road. The house belongs to Mr Nizamuddin, I think he used to be the Police Commissioner of Bangalore, did not have a camera so could not take snaps, they are old cars as was evident from the number plates seen on them, tried calling you but there was no response. You could go have a look at them.
Col Gopinath
Sir,
Arun and me were were going on Infantry Road and suddenly decided to have a look at IPS Mr. Nizamuddin's Fiats.

We were just standing on the footpath and staring the palatial bunglow. As the compound is more than 10,000 sqft, we could not see the cars properly. Then some dogs spotted us and started barking. We did not have the courage to go inside the compound.

Then suddenly Mr. Nizamuddin saw us and called us inside his STUNNING '30s bungalow. What we thought would be a 5 min chat, turned out to be a 4 hrs GRILLING discussion!!!!! He questioned us so much about Fiats, FCB, our personal life(what we were doing near his house at 2pm on a weekday.. he he he). He told us how good Bangalore was before the IT boom. A pensioner's paradise!!

After we gave an intro about FCB, he asked us to tell 5 reasons why a non Fiatian should own a Fiat. We told him the usual stuff but he was not satisfied at all at the reasons we gave. He then gave a neat explanation of how to convince one to own a Fiat by giving some real gyaan of his 30 years of Fiating.

The two cars were a 1970 Delight and a 1987 Padmini. Both have not been touched since a decade. The Delight was being used by the Commissioner and his wife till 1996 when he bought a M 800.

He asked us to explain him in detail about the restoration process of a Padmini. We explained as much as we could. Hopefully he will restore his car soon. All in all, he convinced us that we are still not well prepared to speak to such high personalities.

Point is: It was a learning experience for us to interact with such a senior person. He gave lots of inputs on how to live a happy and peaceful life. We spoke for an hour about Fiats, but the rest of the hours was like a counselling session for us.

FCB has for surely changed our lives directly and indirectly. Another FCBian was a Chief Secretory to Govt. of Karnataka. Like this we meet so many different personalities daily just cos of our Fiats and FCB!

Pics of the Commissioner, his cars and bungalow soon.

Last edited by funkykar : 6th August 2010 at 20:07.
Old 6th August 2010, 20:18   #2173
Distinguished - BHPian

That was some interaction you had, karthik!

Awaiting the pics.! Did he also tell you if he owned any cars (fiats) prior to the ones in question? Considering his age I reckon he would've?
Old 6th August 2010, 20:25   #2174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
That was some interaction you had, karthik!

Awaiting the pics.! Did he also tell you if he owned any cars (fiats) prior to the ones in question? Considering his age I reckon he would've?
The interaction was just too good.. But my writing skills is bad!

You are right!! He had a 1957 Fiat(he didn't call it an Elegant) which his nephew sold in 2001.

He said he some nice old pics of Bengaluru. I am just hoping he will show them to us soon.
Old 7th August 2010, 00:27   #2175
Senior - BHPian

Arun found this very cool period accessory - FIAT horn button from Stephens Square. Also few Delight wheel caps!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc09938.jpg  

Most Viewed