Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2010, 23:34   #2281
BHPian

Thank you Karthik for taking the initiative in organizing the party.

Arun, I should tell you this is the first time I had an opportunity to travel for 400 kms in FIAT (331). A lifetime memorable short trip though. 331 kept my mouth , she was so cool. I felt she wanted to go further

Last edited by GreenDay : 18th September 2010 at 23:37.
Old 18th September 2010, 23:37   #2282
Senior - BHPian

^ Forget the Fiat part as it was a very personal moment for me. I really loved the company of everyone of you including my beloved 331. She is one of the best Fiats in town. I did not give the party for the heck of it. You guys are like a family for me
Old 22nd September 2010, 00:15   #2283
BHPian

Exhaust note of petrol FIAT with full load is really awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
We had a lovely time. 5 guys in a FIAT is just AWESOME! We travelled nearly 400 kms. 331 performed like butter!
Congrates FCBians for Bachelor's party from Karthik!!
I always love to drive FIAT with full load. I had so many trips with total 4-5 persons with luguage in dicky. It gives firm stability to car. And the exhaust note of petrol FIAT with full load is really awesome.(especially in 3rd gear going upto 40-50 km/hr with roaring sound and then pushing the handgear from 3rd to 4th is one of the most FIAT driving pleasure)
Old 22nd September 2010, 00:27   #2284
BANNED

Bachelors Party OK, But 331 Right Headlight not good Yaake........?

Karthik is not taking my offer seriously.

Going to Shivajinagar to get some Fiat Badges tomorrow.....
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:59   #2285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Bachelors Party OK, But 331 Right Headlight not good Yaake........?

Karthik is not taking my offer seriously.

Tomorrow means, Thursday?? If yes, can we join togather. I have some stuff to buy and also have to give you some stuff.
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:03   #2286
BHPian

Quote:
Are you considering to take up any Fiat for restoration ?
(If yes, is it for you & is it for your friend ?)

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th September 2010 at 16:04. Reason: Removed extra smiley.
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:17   #2287
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Tomorrow means, Thursday?? If yes, can we join togather. I have some stuff to buy and also have to give you some stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
Going to Shivajinagar to get some Fiat Badges tomorrow.....Are you considering to take up any Fiat for restoration ?
(If yes, is it for you & is it for your friend ?)

You guys did'nt understand the actual point here.

Since i'am not allowed to enter the FCB territory because i don't own a Fiat, i am seriously contemplating to re-badge my VW Beetle with Fiat Badges so that i can hang around with these cool guys

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 22nd September 2010 at 10:18.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:47   #2288
Senior - BHPian

PAVAN KADAM Saar: Whats wrong with 331 headlight??!

Regarding FCB territory scandal(), we don't want to disturb you during weekends as you are too busy saving some vintage/classic cars. Disturbing you means allowing a car to rust!
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:38   #2289
BHPian

^ It looks like there is a small swelling in the doom of the right head light Karthik. Maybe this is what Pavan is referring here.

@Pavan: Is that right, sir.
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:40   #2290
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@PK very nice Idea it is to change the VW badge to FIAT, but we want you to change the engine to Fiat 1100 engine too
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:35   #2291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
^ It looks like there is a small swelling in the doom of the right head light Karthik.
Only the headlight ring damaged while the gate suddenly closed and hit the car while exiting from the compound.
Old 24th September 2010, 15:52   #2292
BHPian

Yesterday I took my panther(my blue Fiat) to some strange city, there I found a beautiful Delight with very less used engine and beautiful bodyline, the car was in white color. Some FCB friends who accompanied me forced me to exchange my panther to that Delight. I was confused and said yes. After a day, I really started missing my Panther like anything else and i was crying like hell. The next day I went back to the owner to get my Panther back.

This is not a true story, but a dream that I dreamt last night. What does this dream reveal??! It reveals the attachment towards my Blue Panther and no other Fiat can take it's place. But I don't mind having two FIATs but Panther has to be there!

There are three kinds of Fiatians that I can think of -->
1. Who love a Fiat because their family had a Fiat.
2. Who never owned a Fiat before but knows how good a Fiat is and hence he owns a Fiat when he is capable to..
3. So called "Collectors". All that these people expect is the Fiat they have should have the right wheel cap, right grill, right meters etc!

I am a kind of Fiatian who loves Fiats to the core and I don't really care about the originality stuff. But All I care is the PERFORMANCE and the sheer pleasure in driving one!

Last edited by Karthik1100 : 24th September 2010 at 15:57.
Old 26th September 2010, 22:38   #2293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2. Who never owned a Fiat before but knows how good a Fiat is and hence he owns a Fiat when he is capable to..
3. So called "Collectors". All that these people expect is the Fiat they have should have the right wheel cap, right grill, right meters etc!

I am a kind of Fiatian who loves Fiats to the core and I don't really care about the originality stuff. But All I care is the PERFORMANCE and the sheer pleasure in driving one!
Karthik, you'll forgive me but doesnt your "3rd category" sound rather uncalled for, and also hurt the sentiments of classic fiat enthusiasts (like manish et al) since they come in the category that you describe?

And I dont see anything wrong if those people expect a Fiat to be original/complete in all respects etc. especially when it comes to classic (1100) fiats. All true classic car collectors are that way, so why not those of fiats?

I dont mean to sound judgemental but from what I've known about you 4 guys (founders of FCB), I can say that you were primarily die-hard Fiat but not exactly CLASSIC Fiat enthusiasts (atleast not at the time you founded FCB), going by the way your respective fiats were done up. Therefore a purist classic fiat enthusiast/collector may not relate to you/your taste in fiats.
But then just as you feel it your right to feel different about a Fiat (viz. performance etc) and see them differently, so do they the way they see a fiat.
So they are right in their own way about an original hubcap/grille being valuable/precious for their fiats.
Old 26th September 2010, 23:39   #2294
Senior - BHPian

Today FCB had a casual meet along with Bangalore Classic Scoot Club Meet. Sujith Thomas had invited all the persons to casually attend the scoot meet. But a dozen of FCB Fiats attended the Scoot meet.

As per Sujith, Srivathsa's Delight, Bob Selva's Padmini, Vikram's Padmini were the first timers in FCB Meet.

We had not expected many FCBians to attend the meet. Arun, MB and me were busy with our weekend work. Only Sujith singlehandedly looked after the FCBians. Good work Sujith!

This weekend FCB will be driving to MYSORE on the launch of Fiat 1100 Club - Mysore!!!

Here are some pics. More pics later.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dscn6209.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dscn6213.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dscn6216.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dscn6218.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dscn6219.jpg  

Old 26th September 2010, 23:48   #2295
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Karthik, you'll forgive me but doesnt your "3rd category" sound rather uncalled for, and also hurt the sentiments of classic fiat enthusiasts (like manish et al) since they come in the category that you describe?
FYI, Manish's family had a Fiat in their family and he clearly belongs to category 1!

He bought the MPR Select once he started working and hence he belongs to category 2 too!!

Why only category 3??! BTW Manish is not a collector. He loved to own a Fiat. By god's grace he now has one and is restoring it FOR OWN USE and will never be sold!

No offence meant to "collectors". In fact they are the ones who are saving many classics lying around. But what I meant from 3rd category is that there is no guarantee that a collector will keep a car with him for ever. And now CHILL da!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks