Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 00:11   #2296
Senior - BHPian

@StanHer: By no means Karthik1100 intended/meant to offend any one in any means. What he meant was, some collectors/enthusiasts are so involved in getting things to originality that sometimes they may miss the fun of just driving and owning the Fiat. However, there is a different level of satisfaction for these guys when the things come good and they make it fully original.

Like me, Karthik1100 finds the KICK of Fiat by driving and using to heart's content. Me, Karthik1100 and Sujith generally dont care about originality. We are just like that. Where as Arun1100 sometimes cares about originality, especially now while restoring the rare Padmini Economy..

Last edited by funkykar : 27th September 2010 at 00:14.
Old 27th September 2010, 03:15   #2297
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post edited. Stick to the topic and leave out the personal discussions. Get your misunderstandings and arguments sorted out offline if needed, not on this forum.

Last edited by n_aditya : 27th September 2010 at 14:51.
Old 27th September 2010, 06:36   #2298
Senior - BHPian

Justification!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post edited. Stick to the topic and leave out the personal discussions. Get your misunderstandings and arguments sorted out offline if needed, not on this forum.

Last edited by n_aditya : 27th September 2010 at 14:50.
Old 27th September 2010, 07:07   #2299
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
FCB and FCBians' stories.

FCB's new member Mr. Nizammuddin - Retired Commissioner and DGP of Karnataka has promised us to do some charity shows dedicated to Bangalore Police and the poor and needy.

Fiat Classic Club Hyderabad(FCCH) Founder Ram Kiran(Hillram) was part a charity show just yesterday organised for Breast Cancer Awareness at Secunderabad Club.

Last edited by n_aditya : 27th September 2010 at 14:56. Reason: cleaned out the unnecessary personal stuff.
Old 27th September 2010, 09:53   #2300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
No offence meant to "collectors". In fact they are the ones who are saving many classics lying around. But what I meant from 3rd category is that there is no guarantee that a collector will keep a car with him for ever. And now CHILL da!
There is no guarantee ever that anyone will keep a car with him forever, for that matter.
Anyways, I guess it was the part of your post that said "So-called collectors..." that might've inadvertently compelled me reply the way I did. Sorry if I didnt get you right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
@StanHer: By no means Karthik1100 intended/meant to offend any one in any means. What he meant was, some collectors/enthusiasts are so involved in getting things to originality that sometimes they may miss the fun of just driving and owning the Fiat. However, there is a different level of satisfaction for these guys when the things come good and they make it fully original.
Yes! My point exactly!

Anyways, glad that there were no offences meant to anyone, and that we could end this on a pleasant note. So peace!
Old 27th September 2010, 14:53   #2301
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Previous posts have been edited. Stick to the topic and leave out the personal discussions. Get your misunderstandings and arguments sorted out offline if needed, not on this forum.

Old 2nd October 2010, 18:24   #2302
Senior - BHPian

Fcm

Thankyou n_aditya for deleting the posts on FCB's request.

Some more news!!

Hello FCBians,

FCB drive to Mysore on 3rd OCT'10, for the inauguration of a FIAT 1100 CLUB-Mysore[FCM] started by one of our FCBian, Mr RaviRamesh.

Members who would like to participate in the drive to Mysore, here are the Details:
1. Members start to assemble at RV College of Engg[RVCE], Kengeri, 6:30am onwards
2. The drive will start at 7am from RVCE towards Mysore.
3. 10am onwards is the event in Mysore in "Maharaja College Grounds, near Ramswamy Circle"
4. There will be a small drive after the inauguration.
5. We will have lunch at some dhabha or Hotel and return by evening.

**NOTE:
1. Members may carry some necessary spares for the car. Get your classics only if they are in good condition for highway. If not, participation is allowed in modern cars too.
2. Please carry snacks as it will be more than 2hours of drive.
3. For more info on Mysore part of the Events contact- RaviRamesh +91 98861 83629
4. For more info on drive from B'lore contact- Sujith +91 966 387 4939, +91 80500 96717
Old 2nd October 2010, 21:06   #2303
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
FCM Launch!

All the best Fiat 1100 Club Mysore!

Ravi Ramesh - Founder FCM - He is a very passionate Fiatian originally from Mysore, now a Professor in Bangalore. His family never had a Fiat. But he was very keen on owning one. So once he started working he bought a Premier Padmini.

Few months back he got the idea of FCM. When he first contacted us we were thrilled and also concerned as these Fiat Clubs are very time consuming! So we counselled him even saying that don't start a Club just for the heck of it.

But soon we realized that he was really keen on starting a Club in Mysore as he see many Fiats being scrapped there. Since then he has been inviting few Fiat Owners in Mysore.

Tomorrow is the Grand Launch. Some of we FCB guys will be driving there to support him.

Media partner - 92.7FM.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc01378.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2010, 21:16   #2304
BHPian

Congrats FCB on helping start another Fiat Club, now in Mysore. You guys are truly marvelous.

Its few months since I know you guys. Best part I liked about FCB - You guys help FCBians in finding parts, help in restoration at the same time have fun too!

After Mumbai and Pune Club, you guys really are solely responsible for bringing Classic Fiats back on road.

P.S: I know we are not doing much to 118NE through NECB, but I have a mega plan for the year end. I need all the FCB guys support for that!
Old 2nd October 2010, 22:06   #2305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
Its few months since I know you guys. Best part I liked about FCB - You guys help FCBians in finding parts, help in restoration at the same time have fun too!
Thanks Chethu!

Talking of FCBians, here is the pic of 1963 Fiat 1100 Super Select of Mr. G.Karthi Keya raja. He is eager to meet us in Nov Meet.

Quote:
Dear All,
iam Karthi ,Doing Business in Madurai and Hosur,
Yesterday i bought one Fiat 1100 Super Select From Bangalore, Model 1963 -MYB9504
i need to do a Complete Service without changing the originality,
Kindly Suggest me a Good Mechanic in Bangalore
Thanks in Advance
Let all of us meet in November Fiat Rally
Warm Regards
G.Karthi Keya raja
Sujith Thomas is helping him in restoring the Super Select.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-untitled.jpg  

Old 3rd October 2010, 00:56   #2306

Congratulations FCB and Ravi Ramesh for launching Fiat Club Mysore (FCM). Wishing you all the best.
Old 3rd October 2010, 09:15   #2307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Talking of FCBians, here is the pic of 1963 Fiat 1100 Super Select of Mr. G.KarthiKeya raja. He is eager to meet us in Nov Meet.

Sujith Thomas is helping him in restoring the Super Select.
Nice car! Almost complete. 'looks familiar though, going by the colour of the rims- wasnt this with the other arun (Lambretta chap)??
Old 3rd October 2010, 15:35   #2308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Nice car! Almost complete. 'looks familiar though, going by the colour of the rims- wasnt this with the other arun (Lambretta chap)??
Yes Shyam. Its the same car. It is second owner car, bought by the second owner in 1968.
Old 3rd October 2010, 15:53   #2309
BHPian

Another 1100R

I happened to spot another 1100R on our bengaluru roads near Sadashivanagar police station but managed to take only one picture and tht too of the modified rear end. The front did have the original grille. It was being driven a little rough though and sped off as I was trying to follow on my practically brakeless activa.
The sad part was that it was dieselised.

P.S. Does MYG series mean it was owned once pon a time by the karnataka govt ?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-image235.jpg  

Last edited by Neur0t0xin : 3rd October 2010 at 15:56.
Old 3rd October 2010, 18:23   #2310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neur0t0xin View Post
I happened to spot another 1100R
Nice find Gautham!
Yes, sadly it is dieselised and I guess its for sale.

P.S: Are you also a FIATian?
Quote:
P.S. Does MYG series mean it was owned once pon a time by the karnataka govt ?
According to this post,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1768039-post282.html.

MYG means Mangalore.

Last edited by funkykar : 3rd October 2010 at 18:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks