Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 22:00   #1066
BANNED

Thats a funny sticker

What happens if you put normal petrol, or speed.....?????? i mean, how does it retaliate......!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-img_4967.jpg  

Old 9th February 2010, 22:05   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Thats a funny sticker

What happens if you put normal petrol, or speed.....?????? i mean, how does it retaliate......!
It vomits it back
Old 9th February 2010, 22:10   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a funny sticker

With normal petrol, the car will go abnormally and with speed petrol, the car will go slow.
Old 9th February 2010, 22:10   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a funny sticker

I think if the car is filled with petrol other than unleaded one, it will drink petrol from one side and flush it out from the other or rather it won't engage in first gear i.e. outright reject you from driving her as you disobeyed her instruction to provide her the correct brand of liquor.
Old 10th February 2010, 01:18   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Ha Ha ha!! Goog sense of humor guy, i throughly enjoying it. May be this car is figure consious car. Diet coke for human Unleaded for S1, he he he!!
Old 10th February 2010, 18:49   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Himalayan Rally & Premier

Hi All,

See the attached Advertisement from Premier.

It talks about 7 Cars out of 13 which finished the Himalayan Rally 1982 being Premiers. It would be interesting to know who they were and are they still in love with Premier/Fiats.

I am sure Mr. Behram would have been involved with the original venture in some form or the other and can shead futher light on this.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-premier-aug-82.jpg  

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 10th February 2010 at 18:50.
Old 10th February 2010, 19:13   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hi All,

It talks about 7 Cars out of 13 which finished the Himalayan Rally 1982 being Premiers. It would be interesting to know who they were and are they still in love with Premier/Fiats.

I am sure Mr. Behram would have been involved with the original venture in some form or the other and can shead futher light on this.

Ram
Hey thats Marine Drive. Looks so much better then. Superb find Ram
Old 10th February 2010, 19:29   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hi All,

Ram
A wonderful ad!!

Sir,
We Fiatians are really proud of you for your contributions.

Please keep posting some more ads that you come across.
Old 10th February 2010, 22:05   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Extremely good find.

Behram sir's comments much awaited on this. We all know Behram sir is extremely busy till 22nd I guess. I hope he manages time in between some how.

Undoubtedly the 1100's were the best in business. Even today, I see frowning faces some times when we zoom past the modern day cars. Many new gen folk still think that Padmini is an old car that guzzles with no performance. We definitely give a run for their money
Old 10th February 2010, 22:31   #1075
Senior - BHPian

After changing the S1 carb to an old typed carb, my S1 had a small lag every now and then and also the accelerator cable getting stuck when the butterfly shaft got heated. We had got a butterfly shaft done newly at lathe when we got the carb from scrap market as it was badly worn out. Good news was it was run only on petrol. The accelerator cable used to get stuck only when I pushed the pedal 50% or above for prolonged period of time or when it goes beyond 50% many times in continous driving. Sunday, I had got the entire carb out and had the butterfly shaft rubbed in sand paper. We also had to do some small or innovation get the shaft operate in a very smooth way. With the default nut (on the shaft) in place where the accelerator cable is fixed, the shaft would jam a bit when tightened. We knew keeping it loose is not a solution. We kept that nut loose enough and then put another nut to tighten the first nut in the required position. It was operating super smooth after this. Got the carb and plugs also thoroughly cleaned and washed in petrol. I noticed that the old solex carb that I replaced a couple of months ago was running on 97.5 jet and was giving a wonderful mileage. All the issues are now solved. I put a 102 sized jet now. we also checked the tappets and found it to be fine. All these were done with my regular mechanic Murthy near my house. I couldnt go to Kannan as I really couldnt manage the necessary time.

I was very curious to know the mileage on my car after all this. Sujith came late evening and we started with a liter of petrol in a can. It gave an astonishing mileage of 14kms. We drove 2kms in heavy traffic, 2kms in typical traffic, 4-5 kms in moderate traffic and rest we might have averagely cruised. I expect it to give 18-20kmpl on the highways. A not well tuned carb itself had returned me 18kmpl when we tested during our Mysore trip(Me, Arun, Suji, S1 and Suji's CAP)

I also ensured that most of the things stated in the Technical information thread by Behram sir is complied on my car. Only the clutch adjustment and change over to metal core wires is pending. It will be done up shortly. I just want my S1 to be in the finest form.

Thanks Sujith, for making it all the way till my place just for doing this. Especially since u came that far in my RX that alomost gives 30% more mileage than my S1.

I am really feeling more excited to drive my S1 now. It truely now feels like a AVL engine

Last edited by funkykar : 10th February 2010 at 22:37. Reason: Corrected some typos and added a bit more information
Old 11th February 2010, 05:59   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
It gave an astonishing mileage of 14kms. We drove 2kms in heavy traffic, 2kms in typical traffic, 4-5 kms in moderate traffic and rest we might have averagely cruised.
Karthik, finally succeeded in getting some decent mileage.!!
Old 11th February 2010, 12:57   #1077
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore boys - do you know this rare 72 Delight?

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-00001.jpg

Flickr Photo Download: Fiat 1100
Old 11th February 2010, 13:23   #1078
Distinguished - BHPian

A request

Guys,

I have a request on behalf of a friend's uncle. This car is a single owner and is in desperate need of attention. I understood that the car is standing around in Mangalore, but the *Uncle* in question is keen to take her wherever required in Karnataka to get her back to Full and Former glory.

So my request is: Who amongst the veterans of car restorers should this car be handed over to?

Secondly, is this car worth a restoration?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-fiat1.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-fiat-2.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-fiat3.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-fiat4.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-fiat5.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-fiat6.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-fiat7.jpg  

Old 11th February 2010, 14:54   #1079
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Guys,

I have a request on behalf of a friend's uncle. This car is a single owner and is in desperate need of attention. I understood that the car is standing around in Mangalore, but the *Uncle* in question is keen to take her wherever required in Karnataka to get her back to Full and Former glory.......
Secondly, is this car worth a restoration?

What a sad state of the car. Looking at the car's paint and interiors seems to have been restored some time back. Rear Bumper too changed and spoilt the look. The car still look in good shape and promising to me.
Old 11th February 2010, 15:07   #1080
Senior - BHPian

If anyone really loves their car, it is worth restoring. It looks pretty neat, but has many unnecessary mods like Suji pointed out. Good luck for its future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks