Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 20:13   #1156
Senior - BHPian

FCB Meet time!!

Some good news!!

FCB will turn ONE on 15th March.

On this occasion, the Founder Members of FCB- Karthik Makam, Karthik M.B, Sujith Thomas and ME have decided to have a Mega FCB Anniversary Meet/Rally.

Date: 21st March 2010 - Sunday

Time: 9:00 AM

Venue: Mostly Cubbon Park - FCB's Birth Place.

Still in planning stage. We are having a discussion meet this Sunday in Cubbon Park just after the Bangalore Classic Scooter Club meet.
Old 26th February 2010, 21:11   #1157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Some good news!!

FCB will turn ONE on 15th March.

On this occasion, the Founder Members of FCB- Karthik Makam, Karthik M.B, Sujith Thomas and ME have decided to have a Mega FCB Anniversary Meet/Rally.

Date: 21st March 2010 - Sunday

Time: 9:00 AM

Venue: Mostly Cubbon Park - FCB's Birth Place.

Still in planning stage. We are having a discussion meet this Sunday in Cubbon Park just after the Bangalore Classic Scooter Club meet.

Members may suggest a place which is with 100KM from city to drive to. With space for parking for about 30 cars and Dhabhas or eat outs.
Old 26th February 2010, 21:50   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Members may suggest a place which is with 100KM from city to drive to. With space for parking for about 30 cars and Dhabhas or eat outs.

Wow! I am already excited for our anniversary rally. Lets make it a mega event. Cubbon park will create nostalgia, I vote for the same place.

Still thinking of any place in range of 100 kms for a drive after the rally
Old 26th February 2010, 22:54   #1159
Senior - BHPian

One year anniversary and the mega plans sound very nice.30 cars..thats an awesome participation count.
FCH is still a baby with 7 cars.
Old 26th February 2010, 23:05   #1160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
30 cars..thats an awesome participation count.
FCH is still a baby with 7 cars.
We expect around 40+ cars for the meet. We now have 65 active members. On Republic Day rally around 38 cars turned up.

We hope 30 cars come for the drive.. Which is not quite possible unless its a drive of around 30kms..

Suith:
We should plan for a trip where many can come so that they don't feel left over.. 100kms drive? Not a good idea..

As its a Club's drive we will go to a place which is really nearby. Say, total distance of 35 to 40 kms...
Old 27th February 2010, 16:50   #1161
Senior - BHPian

On the occasion of Eid Milad, Today we FCB guys had a Daawat at the Stephens Square(Gujiri/Scrapyard)!!!

We had yummy biryani and sweets.

And then as usual we had a Delightful day!! Guess what?? I got the most rare FIAT grille that can be found in a scrapyard!! I did pay a fancy price for it..

The metal Imported Delight Grille!!!!!

Here is the story of the grille..

Two days back Karthik, Sujith and me were casually roaming in Shivajinagar searching for a garage. As we had not found the garage we went to a shop nearby to ask for the address.. Surprisingly, we found this grille there! I couldn't believe it was a metal grille as the plastic grille of same design is common.. This grille is extremely heavy.. May be 2 kgs??! It might reduce my car's Mileage!

When we asked for the grille, the shop owner refused to sell it as it was very unique grille and he wanted to buy a Fiat and put it to it. Everyday we went to his shop begging for the grille.. And finally, he gave it to us today. I paid Rs. 1500 for it!

Fiat grills I collected since last few months..

Delight Aluminum grille
Delight Imported Steel grille
President grille
PP Economy grille
S1 grille

FCB guys now call me "Grille Arun"

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc01628.jpg

Last edited by arun1100 : 27th February 2010 at 16:57.
Old 27th February 2010, 17:16   #1162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On the occasion of Eid Milad, Today we FCB guys had a Daawat at the Stephens Square(Gujiri/Scrapyard)!!!
And then as usual we had a Delightful day!! Guess what?? I got the most rare FIAT grille that can be found in a scrapyard!! I did pay a fancy price for it..

[center]The metal Imported Delight Grille!!!!!
FCB guys now call me "Grille Arun"
Congrats, Grille Arun!

Do you also intend to retain the round AA badge (left) on the grille??
Old 27th February 2010, 17:33   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Its a delightful experiance to see Arun being Grilled by Fiats !!! I must admire his passion.
Old 27th February 2010, 19:25   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Congrats, Grille Arun!

Do you also intend to retain the round AA badge (left) on the grille??
Mostly no.. Should I retain? What to do with these invalid AA badges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Its a delightful experience to see Arun being Grilled by Fiats !!! I must admire his passion.
Thanks for grilling me guys.

I simply love collecting classic Fiat parts. Of course I will put them on my cars soon.
But this passion always drains out my pockets, still I am enjoying it. Will take a break now and will continue when I am financially more strong.!
Old 27th February 2010, 22:01   #1165
Senior - BHPian

Arun bhai you had a good feast today it seems with biryani and all. It seems now you are completely a grilled person. Congrats on the new purchase. For the price, every good and unique thing comes with a unique price so 1500 bucks very less amount for the passion you have towards these cars.
What does AA stands for in the badge?
Old 27th February 2010, 22:05   #1166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
What does AA stands for in the badge?
"Automobile Association".. Google it to know more..
Automobile Association of Southern India - AASI

The AA square badge seen is the new design. The other badge on the left side is also AA, but old design with membership number. Such badges are very popular among old cars.
Old 27th February 2010, 22:15   #1167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mostly no.. Should I retain? What to do with these invalid AA badges?
Fear not! I can help you out in this regard!
Old 28th February 2010, 08:49   #1168
Senior - BHPian

Whats the difference between a Fiat Delight grill and a Premier President grill. Are they not the same. Can anybody upload some pics of the President grill as i would be searching it for the President model of a friend.

Last edited by samsag12 : 28th February 2010 at 08:50.
Old 28th February 2010, 13:12   #1169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Whats the difference between a Fiat Delight grill and a Premier President grill. Are they not the same. Can anybody upload some pics of the President grill as i would be searching it for the President model of a friend.
Sagar, here are pics. of 2 different Delight grilles, which came only on INDIAN delights:

First one with the square pattern came on early (1965-66) delights.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-img_2993.jpg

Second one was the later pattern from '67 onwards, which stayed on the rest of the delights (until '72)

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-img_1938.jpg

The one what arun has came only on the ITALIAN delights, never in India. But it appearts that the padmini grille was um "inspired" (in an Anu Malik kind of way! ) from this.

And here is the grille of the president:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...icture-091.jpg

You can make out the differences I'm sure.
Old 28th February 2010, 21:17   #1170
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - the grille photograph posted by Arun (with the AA monograms) is made in Italy. The manufacturer is "Chromodora Italiana". These grilles were imported by PAL in 1986 for using in production. Some stainless steel bumpers were also imported. Both parts were never used in production. They were sold through dealers as spare parts. I picked up this grille for my car MMY43 from Premnath Motors, Delhi in 1987 when I had gone there for the route survey of the Himalayan Rally in my 118NE R&D test car MGQ8174. I paid 450 rupees cash at the Premnath Motors showroom in Connaught Place and brought it with me in MGQ8174 to Mumbai. Here is a photograph of MMY43 with this grille in 1989 in Chail, Himachal Pradesh, as I was one of the scrutineers of the Himalayan Rally and had taken my car all the way to Simla. Here is another photograph of BLL4919, fitted with the same grille. This photograph was taken in Pune on 26 January 2007 during the Fiat Classic Car Club meet. The third photograph shows me with BLL4919 fitted with the same grille in June 2006 in my housing colony in Pune. Now this grille is lying in my loft as I have fitted Fiat 1100 Delite aluminium grille in BLL4919. I will never ever part with this grille.

I think that besides this historical MMY43's grille, I have 4 more Chromodora Italiana grilles in my loft. I sold MMY43 in 1993 and at that time I fitted another Chromodora Italiana grille on it before giving it away, so that I could retain this grille forever.

By the way, you can see MMY43 with white bumpers. There is a story behind these bumpers also. I purchased a brand new fully trimmed body shell for MMY43 in 1987, in Pale Lilac colour (white). The body shell came fully trimmed with lights, bumpers, glasses etc but without seats. It came with chrome bumpers and chrome guards. At the same time, one of my father's friends Mr.Daruwalla purchased a brand new Premier Padmini Economy car MFC5955 in the same colour. His car came with the white bumpers and the rubber guards. He got them changed to chrome bumpers and guards at the showroom itself and gifted the white bumpers and rubber guards to me. I fitted these bumpers and guards on MMY43. I removed the original chrome bumpers and guards and kept them safely in my loft. These remained with me from 1987 till 2005 (18 years) when I restored BLL4919. I have fitted these same bumpers on BLL4919. So, there is a little bit of MMY43 in BLL4919 too.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-scan.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc00022.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-fiat13.jpg  

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 28th February 2010 at 21:33. Reason: add info
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks