Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
We can meet up this Saturday.
That would be just great
Old 27th July 2009, 20:25   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I must say the Bangalore club has the funkiest Fiats I have seen. Chaka Chak. keep it up guys. Do encourage the classic car enthusiasts too. Its a good thing to have a mix of both the funky and Traditional. All the Best. Beouff I just love the colour of your car.
Thank you mate, thanks should go to the gentleman that maintained it lovingly for 24 years before I picked up the car 9 years ago.
Old 27th July 2009, 21:12   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeuff View Post
Thank you mate, thanks should go to the gentleman that maintained it lovingly for 24 years before I picked up the car 9 years ago.
Well 9 yrs is long enough to earn credit for Upkeep, good job. I cant remember if we used to have similar coloured Padmini when I was very young. Maybe thats why everytime I see your car it invokes a feeling of Deja Vu. Have to look up my old albums.
Old 28th July 2009, 11:42   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
One 1961 Model Super Select is for Sale in Bangalore. The body line is good enough for restoration and has almost all original fittings except for the wheel caps. The engine of the car is removed and kept in the hood. The engine seems to have some major problem. The price quoted for it is around 25k. Please pour in some suggestions on the car.
The car looks nice and very restorable with a lot of originality in place. Pick her up !!
What confuses me is: If she's a '61 how come she has quarter glasses ?
If she's a '62, how come she has the aluminium / steel trim on the roof gutters ? Both the above parts are unlikely to have been retrofitted...
Do let us know the year from the RC book.
Old 28th July 2009, 13:12   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
BTW, it surely is a Super Select but then maybe the year you mentioned is incorrect. Could be a 1962 onward model.
However, very nice and restorable car.
But then how come it has the pattis along the roof-sides and the boot hinges? Normally one wouldnt bother fitting those on, in fact some cars that did have them (select) had them removed.

So I suspect its a select fitted with most Superselect fittings.
Old 28th July 2009, 14:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
But then how come it has the pattis along the roof-sides and the boot hinges? Normally one wouldnt bother fitting those on, in fact some cars that did have them (select) had them removed.

Shyam,

1. the front grill

2. the side trims

3. the rear lights

4. the window frame all suggest it is Super Select. Also there is no fuel filler neck visible.
Old 28th July 2009, 14:22   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Many many many Select cars were upgraded to Super Select. Usually, the unpainted aluminium side roof trims remain. Usually, concealed boot lid hinges are never removed and external units retrofitted. These 2 points are the tell tale signs most often, of a Select converted to a Super Select. My vote goes for this being a Select. The RC book can shed more light, though if it says 1962, we are back to square one as that was a transition year.
Old 28th July 2009, 22:07   #53
Senior - BHPian

Cool Padmini

Mr. Kedarnath's 1993 Padmini. He is a active partner of the Bangalore Fiat 1100 Club.This car has original paint, original Sonax lights, driven 36000 kms till date. It is loaded with headers, bucket seats, 13 inch wheels with GoodYear tyres. Here are some pics of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc08929.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc08930.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc08931.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc08932.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc08933.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc08934.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc08935.jpg  

arun1100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2009, 22:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

Lovely Padmini of Mr.Kedarnath..very tastfully done.The interiors look swanky.
I have been scouting for a good Padmini too...not found one.
Old 28th July 2009, 22:50   #55
Senior - BHPian

Few stickers on the car needs to be removed. Then the car will look better i guess.
Old 28th July 2009, 23:25   #56
BANNED

Fiat 1100 Club,Bangalore

Mr.Boeuff's Fiat was the most Classy looking vehicle of the day. Superb Classic paint and maintained in a neat condition.
Though i didn't get a chance to drive his car, i envy his car a lot

Last edited by Sujith1100 : 28th July 2009 at 23:26.
Old 28th July 2009, 23:56   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
1. the front grill

2. the side trims

3. the rear lights

4. the window frame all suggest it is Super Select. Also there is no fuel filler neck visible.
All the fittings mentioned above are very much interchangeable between select and s.select. I've seen 'n' number of selects (and even older 1100s) with the external fuel-filler neck removed and replaced with the locking flap that came on s.seclect onwards. Even a select I had was modded in this one aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Many many many Select cars were upgraded to Super Select. Usually, the unpainted aluminium side roof trims remain. Usually, concealed boot lid hinges are never removed and external units retrofitted. These 2 points are the tell tale signs most often, of a Select converted to a Super Select. My vote goes for this being a Select.

All other things being interchangeable, these are the 2 things that are seldom changed in the select that is 'upgraded' to later specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I have been scouting for a good Padmini too...not found one.
You can't be serious!! For the last 2 years I've witnessed 'n' number of padminis- even some mint ones- hacked into bits at the local scrapyard (Suraj Talkies, Yakutpura) everyday!

You can find some at a reasonable price even today.

Last edited by Stanher : 28th July 2009 at 23:58.
Old 29th July 2009, 00:07   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All the fittings mentioned above are very much interchangeable between select and s.select. I've seen 'n' number of selects (and even older 1100s) with the external fuel-filler neck removed and replaced with the locking flap that came on s.seclect onwards. Even a select I had was modded in this one aspect.

All other things being interchangeable, these are the 2 things that are seldom changed in the select that is 'upgraded' to later specs.
My bad got your and karl's point. Got this superselect photo from my archive (1963) which is sans of hinges and roof gutter trim.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-dsc03087.jpg

Last edited by v12 : 12th August 2009 at 11:06.
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2009, 23:09   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I'm inclined to agree with you, but why would anyone fit a select with quarter glasses ? I mean, take it from me, it's not as simple a job as it seems, it involves a lot of internal modifications including a bit of welding inside the door body..
Old 30th July 2009, 00:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
I'm inclined to agree with you, but why would anyone fit a select with quarter glasses ? I mean, take it from me, it's not as simple a job as it seems, it involves a lot of internal modifications including a bit of welding inside the door body..
Ravi,

To counter, why would one revert back to outside boot hinges??

Most Viewed