Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 19:05   #286
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

i know this CNT 786, which is the original fiat1100 frm italy, i forgot the owner's name but he stays near Vijaya main college, RV road, near Southend circle. i m seeing this car frm past 10years

This guy re stores and re pain this car every year.

i dont know it belongs to which state, but its original italian 1100 Delight, mostly he has changed its registeration because the CNT has 786, and he is a muslim guy, he stays in between madhava rao park circle to vijaya main college, RV Road, near south end circle.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th September 2009 at 10:06.
Old 15th September 2009, 20:14   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Till '74 in Karnataka the reg no.s were M series. C series started late '74. But I am not sure if this car is Kar regn. Might be Tamil Nadu. Can anybody confirm this?
tamil nadu numbers had registrations starting with MS,MR MD and later TN,TD, TC,etc but never started with C
Old 15th September 2009, 21:06   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
tamil nadu numbers had registrations starting with MS,MR MD
Sorry but MR was for Maharashtra only, TN regns. (Madras state initially) were either MS (for Madras city) and MD (for the districts)
Old 15th September 2009, 22:39   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Found this LHD Padmini In Shivajinagar. Not sure if its originally LHD or converted.
Are the bumper guards from amby or some other car?
This car would look soooo nice if i could have the following toppings:
Original bumpers, crommodora grille with FIAT monogram, white front indicator lenses, FIAT 1100 D mono on boot, Steel concave side trims, Quarter glasses, round side indicators, thin steering wheel, and a neat 90 mph speedo with toggle switches on the console.
You can round that off with a sunblind on the rear windscreen.
Old 16th September 2009, 02:11   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Original bumpers, crommodora grille with FIAT monogram, white front indicator lenses, FIAT 1100 D mono on boot, Steel concave side trims, Quarter glasses, round side indicators, thin steering wheel, and a neat 90 mph speedo with toggle switches on the console.
Sounds familiar, doesn't it ?
Old 16th September 2009, 15:38   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
You can round that off with a sunblind on the rear windscreen.
And barring few Items, most of the stuff is available round the corner .
Old 17th September 2009, 12:44   #292
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I saw a Pristine Condition Super Select with a metalling light greem color (would have been restored some time back) the registration was MYN 2359, sorry could not take photos as she flew past quickly .

Can any way we can find the owner???
Old 17th September 2009, 21:33   #293
Senior - BHPian

1998 S1

My friend's friend has a Premier Padmini S1. He said it was one of the last few Fiats made by Premier and was purchased in 1998 (I think its 97 manufactured). He had pais 4+lacs for it. It has a factory fitted power steering he said. I couldnt get any more details. I should get some details and some pics. This could be for sale and I am interested and will be meeting him today. Car is supposedly in mint condition and original

I have never heard of any Padmini with factory fitted power steering. Can someone confirm if the last few Padmini's manufactured had power steering? Also, was it that expensive? 4+lakhs is really whopping.

An early reply will be much appreciated. I will keep checking this thread for next 2 hrs atleast
Old 17th September 2009, 22:24   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
My friend's friend has a Premier Padmini S1. He said it was one of the last few Fiats made by Premier and was purchased in 1998 (I think its 97 manufactured). He had pais 4+lacs for it. It has a factory fitted power steering he said. I couldnt get any more details. I should get some details and some pics. This could be for sale and I am interested and will be meeting him today. Car is supposedly in mint condition and original

I have never heard of any Padmini with factory fitted power steering. Can someone confirm if the last few Padmini's manufactured had power steering? Also, was it that expensive? 4+lakhs is really whopping.

An early reply will be much appreciated. I will keep checking this thread for next 2 hrs atleast
As far as I know (and am 101 % sure) Padminis NEVER came with factory fitted power steering. The last of the lot had a Nissan A12 (from the 118 NE ) engine from the factory else it would have a standard Fiat 1089cc engine with a double barrel Mikuni carburetor from the factory.

Also the last of Padminis were sold for a on road price (Bombay) of Rs. 2,11,750 to be exact.

Hope this helps you in your purchasing decision.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar

Last edited by adheesh : 17th September 2009 at 22:29.
Old 17th September 2009, 22:35   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
As far as I know (and am 101 % sure) Padminis NEVER came with factory fitted power steering. The last of the lot had a Nissan A12 (from the 118 NE ) engine from the factory else it would have a standard Fiat 1089cc engine with a double barrel Mikuni carburetor from the factory.

Also the last of Padminis were sold for a on road price (Bombay) of Rs. 2,11,750 to be exact.

Hope this helps you in your purchasing decision.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar

Appreciate your speedy reply and the valuable information. All happened over the phone. I will be meeting the owner tomorrow morning. I will post detailed information tomorrow. If he allows pics to be taken, I will post them too. Arun1100 will accompany me tomorrow. Karthik1100 also may make it. Lets see how it goes.
Old 17th September 2009, 22:53   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Appreciate your speedy reply and the valuable information. All happened over the phone. I will be meeting the owner tomorrow morning. I will post detailed information tomorrow. If he allows pics to be taken, I will post them too. Arun1100 will accompany me tomorrow. Karthik1100 also may make it. Lets see how it goes.
If possible please post the engine bay photographs from different angles.

Regards,
Adheesh
Old 17th September 2009, 22:56   #297

Ohh the Padmini DEFINATELY didnt have power Steering. We would have known na!!
Old 17th September 2009, 23:07   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Ohh the Padmini DEFINATELY didnt have power Steering. We would have known na!!
You guys know the best.

And i remember your dad written in some thread that he was looking out for '97 S1 which was altered to be fitted with a Nissan engine. Hope this is the same model.

And I remember the latest Padminis' had steering wheel similar to the shape of an Alto steering. Can you confirm this?
Old 17th September 2009, 23:10   #299
BHPian

Quote:
And I remember the latest Padminis' had steering wheel similar to the shape of an Alto steering. Can you confirm this?
Indeed. The last of the Padminis came with a Alto & Maruti 1000 type two spoke steering wheel with a very small PAL logo in the center. The dickey monogram was also sticker type laminated one in silver with a blue background.
Old 17th September 2009, 23:13   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
Indeed. The dickey monogram was also sticker type laminated one in silver with a blue background.
You mean same like the S1 or different?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks