Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2010, 16:58   #2236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Sadly, we do not know the fate of this car.

If I buy a Millecento will you help me restore?

Cheers

KPS
Saar, we should learn from you about restoration!!!

But, if there is any thing that we can do in helping you restore a car, then we will undoubtedly do it.
Old 21st August 2010, 17:06   #2237
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
But, if there is any thing that we can do in helping you restore a car, then we will undoubtedly do it.
You have got me thinking. It more the FCB pull than to car

Cheers

KPS
Old 21st August 2010, 17:10   #2238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
You have got me thinking. It more the FCB pull than to car
Cheers
KPS
Restoring a Fiat is a cake walk for you. Hope you will buy a FIAT soon!!!
Old 21st August 2010, 20:55   #2239
BHPian

Hey guys, any information about any Fiats come to Stephens Square in recent times ?
Old 22nd August 2010, 08:37   #2240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Nice to see this car in its full form! I do remember having seen the resto pic.s earlier.

BTW, I guess you meant 1962, not '52.

That was the year until which selects were made.

Also looks like manish's MPR 4142 has got company- another 'MPR' select!
Shyam,

Yes I have a company, and incidently a green one. But sadly I have the new registration number.

@ Ravi & Shyam: Probably what I would do is standard plates with current registration number for the daily use and the period one with MPR registration like the one on the shyam's scoot.

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-img_5756.jpg
Old 22nd August 2010, 20:12   #2241
BHPian

Dear fiatians, FCB founder funkykar(Karthik Makam) got engaged today. other FCB founders decorated his S1 for his engagement. but his car is looking like a bride
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore [FCB]-km.jpg  

Old 22nd August 2010, 20:31   #2242
Senior - BHPian

Hearty Congratulations Kartik, Yes your car indeed looks like a bride. when is the wedding So the "baraat" (marriage procession) car is ready, I am sure there would be a long queue of cars (no doubt Fiat/PP) on the streets of Benguluru.
Old 22nd August 2010, 20:50   #2243
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Karthik !!
The pretty 'bride' suits the handsome groom !! .
Just joking pal - Hope your wife-to-be loves Fiats with as much passion as you do !
Old 22nd August 2010, 20:54   #2244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvinhard View Post
Dear fiatians, FCB founder funkykar(Karthik Makam) got engaged today. other FCB founders decorated his S1 for his engagement. but his car is looking like a bride
Firstly, this by no means off topic. Yes, it was a personal ceremony that involved family and very close friends. My Fiat is part of the family, and also FCB family. I chose (with 0 hesitation) to be driven in my Fiat while many friends offered their luxury and super luxury cars and SUVS for the ceremony. I blandly declined. I am all super excited today. Everyone's eyes were on the S1 than me , especially the other people who had come to Capitol for other functions and so on.

The S1 had been with Arun1100 since over a week. I would like to thank Arun for all the pain he took to wash up my car, even though I had requested him to get a wash at service station as I did not want to bother him much. He woke up early in the morning to do these stuff, much earlier than what time I woke up. Karthik1100 too got up very early and joined Arun. Both did decorate my car well, moreover to my taste. They took every precaution to ensure that there wouldnt be any sticker marks or even a small scratch due to the decorations. Many thanks to Karthik for the decoration. Arun drove me to the venue while Karthik joined Chethan (NE club co-founder). All 3 of of them were most of the time hanging around with me during the ceremony checking if I needed any help. Sujith1100 was very busy with some important personal work and made a flashy 40 second appearance. Except me, no one else saw him . By the time I told Karthik and Arun, Sujith was a goner! Everyone really appreciated my attitude of doing what I liked than pleasing the general public. Everyone from their bottom of their hearts were happy to see me in my Fiat. My would be too loves the S1 and we took several snaps with the S1 after the ceremony. She too swears that she will drive to my house after marriage in my S1 or atleast my NE and no other car. Thanks everyone! Karthik1100 also took several photographs during the ceremony. I am more looking forward to see them than the hired photographer. For sure, I know Karthik1100 would give me some of the best ones! Special thanks for that MB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Hearty Congratulations Kartik, Yes your car indeed looks like a bride. when is the wedding So the "baraat" (marriage procession) car is ready, I am sure there would be a long queue of cars (no doubt Fiat/PP) on the streets of Benguluru.
There wouldnt be any baraat type of thing in our marriages. For sure, a brigade of Fiats would drive me to the venue.

EDIT:
@ SuperSelect: Yes, my would be too loves my old car passion and respects it a lot. She gets really mad at me at times when I spend too much time on the cars. hehe

Last edited by funkykar : 22nd August 2010 at 20:59.
Old 22nd August 2010, 21:20   #2245
BHPian

Quote:
Congrates Karthik, Wish you a Happy Life, and glourious days.
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:35   #2246
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Karthik.Have a wonderful fiatful life ahead and best wishes for your marriage.
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:00   #2247
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Karthik. Your S1 looks uber sexy with the decent decorations. When I was on the way to the Capitol in my Lambretta, I also saw 2 M800's in the signal which were highly decorated with flowers, but the S1 was an Eye catcher I should say.

I am glad that, I had an Golden Opportunity to meet the Founders of FCB - Karthik Makam, Arun and Karthik MB, but my bad luck couldn't meet Sujith on this Event. I am overwhelmed after meeting you guys. I apologize as I had to leave early, as I had to be in Kolar by noon.

Once again Congrats Karthik. Have a Happy F(iat)utue
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:42   #2248
Senior - BHPian

^ It was such a great pleasure meeting with you sir. It was such a strange co-incidence too. I was a bit disappointed that you couldnt stay long enough for a snap to be taken and you did not have lunch. Anyways sir, we shall catch up some other time.

Your lambretta is fully original and is such a treat to the eyes. Waiting to see the NE you aquired recently. I also know that you are looking for Select/SuperSelect. Hope you find it soon.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:54   #2249
BHPian

Congratulations

Karthik, May your engagement be the beginning of a lifetime filled with special love and happiness! When you realize that you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you would want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible! When is the wedding? Have good one!

Last edited by Srivathsa_Satya : 23rd August 2010 at 10:01. Reason: I had missed addressing Karthik
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:31   #2250
Senior - BHPian

Hey Karthik congrats man. Wishing you two a long and happy married life. BTW when is the D day (wedding).
Am really happy that you choose Fiat instead of any other car.

Most Viewed