Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 00:29   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Yup come on over with your International driving think and will see that you have the time of your life. Harleys, Dukes, Kwackers, Busas, guzzys whatever takes your fancy, and all can be done in pluraly.

Welcome to the fantasy club convention Parbal.

You know me by now, can't resist these do's.

The story about the Maharani is maybe true, have heard of this myself too and the car would be a RR with Mulliner Park Ward coachwork. Will try to remember who it actually was.

I'm sure there is something rattling around at the bottom of those Baccarat things you spoke off, nicely aged and mellowed by now.

Mustangcollectr.

Do tell more of the V16's you say, what kind of body styles and other such stuff. What about the pair of Speed Six Bentleys out there.

Also what about the Marmon, Maybach, Lagonda and the Alfa's, please do tell more.

Wasif
tell you what- I'll go to him in a month or two and make sure I see EVERYTHING he has properly, again. Then I'll make a list of it all and tell you what else he has. And if you ever decide to come to Indore ever, I will get you an audience with the machines. Im sure I can do that. Then if you 'happen' to take any pictures by mistake (of the collection), then they shall be posted here for all to see..on this thread!
fair enuff?
Old 7th May 2009, 09:38   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangcollectr View Post
tell you what- And if you ever decide to come to Indore ever, I will get you an audience with the machines. Im sure I can do that.
I m gonna be in India this August and would love to swing by Bhopal and then maybe we could pull out the Stang, point it towards Indore and go roaring down the highways without a care in the world to see the " sealed warehouses of Indore "
Old 7th May 2009, 15:20   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
I m gonna be in India this August and would love to swing by Bhopal and then maybe we could pull out the Stang, point it towards Indore and go roaring down the highways without a care in the world to see the " sealed warehouses of Indore "
I suppose so! Why not!
Or we could take my kawasaki ninja-its quicker and I'm always looking for an excuse to ride!
heehee
Old 7th May 2009, 15:31   #64
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see things settled out; so Altamash, when can we see & read more about your mustang for which this thread was started
Old 7th May 2009, 15:52   #65
BHPian

here are some pics of my seven series-though I dunno if I should post them on a Mustang Thread-even though it IS a Classics &Vintage thread...(?!)
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang in Bhopal 302 BOSS V8-my-bmw-1.jpg  

Ford Mustang in Bhopal 302 BOSS V8-my-bmw-8.jpg  

Ford Mustang in Bhopal 302 BOSS V8-my-bmw-3.jpg  

Ford Mustang in Bhopal 302 BOSS V8-my-bmw-calf-leathr.jpg  

Ford Mustang in Bhopal 302 BOSS V8-my-bmw-14.jpg  

Ford Mustang in Bhopal 302 BOSS V8-my-bmw-13.jpg  

Ford Mustang in Bhopal 302 BOSS V8-my-bmw-4.jpg  

Ford Mustang in Bhopal 302 BOSS V8-my-bmw-6.jpg  

Ford Mustang in Bhopal 302 BOSS V8-my-bmw-10.jpg  

Old 7th May 2009, 15:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

The engine pics my friend... the engine pics!!
Old 7th May 2009, 16:05   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hey nice bimmer there...similar golden coloured crashed bimmer was lying in a garage for quite some time near my place here in Delhi and one more in same colour/white was for sale in hyderabad with Dr.Car...

Last edited by agspins : 7th May 2009 at 16:15.
Old 7th May 2009, 16:09   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice.Really Nice. Which year is this model?

Also i see a Kawasaki SBK in one of the picture. Which one is it?
Old 7th May 2009, 17:28   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

A similar Beemer in same colour was in Pune for years, where was your car bought from? Looks smashing.
Old 7th May 2009, 17:33   #70
Senior - BHPian

thanks for posting the pics Altamash, I see that the logo is missing in few pics while you have also taken some shots of the logo?

Ok I can see form the pics that you are indeed on VIp road, where exactly Is it near the exit to Kohefiza?
Old 7th May 2009, 18:57   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I suppose so! Why not!
Or we could take my kawasaki ninja-its quicker and I'm always looking for an excuse to ride!
heehee
Lets do a deal I pilot the pony and you saddle the ninja and lets do a drag all the way to Indore.

This way you get to ride the bike and the stang gets its throat cleaned.

We could switch rides on the way back.

BTW any Baccarat decanters around in the Stang !!!
Old 7th May 2009, 21:05   #72
BHPian

Nice to see the Mustangs and Beemer here! MCollector, you're very lucky to have such cars. I'm quite green with envy.

May I just say that this thread has been VERY difficult to read through. Very poor formatting on many posts.
Old 8th May 2009, 00:12   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The engine pics my friend... the engine pics!!
hopefully tomorrow, promise!! I shall go inside the garage and take them myself!! as many as I can!
Old 8th May 2009, 00:36   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hopefully tomorrow, promise!! I shall go inside the garage and take them myself!! as many as I can!
You'll shoot pics of the Beemer. But, not the Mustang?
Old 8th May 2009, 00:47   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Hey nice bimmer there...similar golden coloured crashed bimmer was lying in a garage for quite some time near my place here in Delhi and one more in same colour/white was for sale in hyderabad with Dr.Car...
nope. not the same car, similar maybe but not same. Coz this was neither from delhi nor hyderabad. This belonged to a parsi gentleman and its a bombay registered car. I bought it from a close friend of mine. However I stripped the paint and put a fresh coat of similar factory/registered Standox in the paint booth, as soon as I got it. Honestly, it handles better than new Indian cars costing upwards of 15-20 lacs like the Accords, Sonatas, Camrys and even the new Superbs and Passats (Did I say Indian?!) -some of which I either have, or have had the privilege of driving at some point or the other. Its pretty amazing considering that this german Bimmer is from the 80's !! Makes you wonder what they say, at times-that the Gods MUSTVE been German!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed