Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2009, 10:17   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Rony here are two more Pics. There is one more that is being restored. Will post pics of that car later.
Eddy, what about the MAF regd car that came from Pune? Is that car ready yet?
Old 13th May 2009, 10:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Many thanks everyone.

Sir, agreed, she looks terrible at this point. The rot is so deep there is no point trying to do 'thookpatti' cosmetic work right now, its too much! All in due time. Lets see what I can do for the time being. Any suggestions?

For now I am looking for 4 good replacement doors and a boot. And a body for that matter!
Oye karlji what's there to think so much. just flick everything from Mtp 8389!!
Old 13th May 2009, 11:21   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Eddy, what about the MAF regd car that came from Pune? Is that car ready yet?
Opps, how did i forget this MAF 1632. Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome home 'Dalda 13'-img_1928.jpg  

Welcome home 'Dalda 13'-img_1593.jpg  

egangsta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2009, 12:09   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Opps, how did i forget this MAF 1632. Here it is.
Glad to know the car has new life. I like the way the colour schemes of this and MH 03 A 30 complement each other. Are they owned by the same person?
Old 13th May 2009, 13:20   #50
BHPian

What a great acquisition and what provenance!!! Congratulations, I hope you get her restored soon.

BTW I watched the entire interview with Mrs.V, such a charming lady.

Aditya
Old 13th May 2009, 15:43   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Glad to know the car has new life. I like the way the colour schemes of this and MH 03 A 30 complement each other. Are they owned by the same person?
No Karl, both the cars are not owned by the same owner. MAF 1632 is owned by Mr Mistry who also owns another Pune car MHP 1639, a Cream Select or is it a Super Select, Pardon me i get confused with the models.

Last edited by egangsta : 13th May 2009 at 15:46.
Old 13th May 2009, 16:19   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
I think it's the Kayaanaat at work!

कहते हैं अगर किसी चीज़को दिलसे चाहो, तो पूरी कयनात उसे तुमसे मिलानेकी कोशीशमें लग जाती है -- Om Shanti Om (2007)
E quando você quer alguma coisa, todo o Universo conspira para que você realize seu desejo -- Paulo Coelho em "O Alquimista"
Thanks Ram, I couldn't have put it better myself. This is a case of desnity being manifested, thanks to close friends.
Old 13th May 2009, 17:01   #53
BHPian

Congratulations Karl!!

I was kind of peeved when I had read the post of "the lady" selling the car to possess a Nano. Thank God!! It has landed in your able hands.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:24   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
Hello Karl
Congratulations on your new possession.
Any insights (if it is not a secret or personal) on how you found and closed the deal and as I feel this would make an intresting reading.

Regards
Rishi
A classic case of right place at the right time.

A friend forwarded me an article via email of the lady and her car. I forwarded it to a fellow BHPian, we chatted about it, and that was it. Car was mentioned as being in Baroda.

Next day said BHPian meets someone at work. That gent mentions he has a 55 Fiat. They go to have a casual look, and it turned out to be the same car, just brought to Bombay. Said gent was the nephew of Mrs. Vyarawalla, she had recently given the car to him. A polite few conversations later we came to an understanding, and the rest is (future) history.
Old 10th February 2010, 15:28   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Bumping up an old thread.

I drove down to Baroda a couple of months back to meet Mrs. V (not in the Fiat!). She was mighty pleased to know the car will be restored, and misses it so much she almost asked for it back.

She told me some interesting points about the car. It was bought on Dhanteras day of 1955, and rather than having her spanking new car driven to Premnath Motors, Delhi from Bombay, she spent a couple of hundered more and had it delivered by train. Interestingly, the car was delivered new with tubeless whitewalls.

She also lamented on how over the years the mechanics replaced the original parts in great detail - pull starter, ivory knobs, air filter box - we could learn a thing or two about originality from her!

I have started work on the car, and she really could use new doors. Anybody who has any leads, do pass them on. Thanks.
Old 10th February 2010, 16:21   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I drove down to Baroda a couple of months back to meet Mrs. V (not in the Fiat!). She was mighty pleased to know the car will be restored, and misses it so much she almost asked for it back.

She told me some interesting points about the car. It was bought on Dhanteras day of 1955, and rather than having her spanking new car driven to Premnath Motors, Delhi from Bombay, she spent a couple of hundered more and had it delivered by train. Interestingly, the car was delivered new with tubeless whitewalls.

She also lamented on how over the years the mechanics replaced the original parts in great detail - pull starter, ivory knobs, air filter box - we could learn a thing or two about originality from her!

I have started work on the car, and she really could use new doors. Anybody who has any leads, do pass them on. Thanks.
Tubeless tyres . My Gwad. Can We have more pictures of your car.

. How many parcel shelf did the car came with (one bigger on left and one small on right?). The same was for elegent also na. And then in select the right small one was discontinued?
Old 19th February 2010, 10:43   #57
BHPian

Any Updates?

Hi Karlos,

I believe you have started the work on the car. Can you share some updates on the work which has been completed?

Quote:
Just one humble request. Keeping bumping into this thread more often!!
Old 19th February 2010, 21:52   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Karl, does the Dukkar share doors with the select / SS ? There may be some doors available in chor bazaar, a select was recently broken.. The condition however, you'll have to see for yourself, but I feel they may be ok. Let me know, I can inquire..
Old 19th February 2010, 23:36   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Karl, does the Dukkar share doors with the select / SS ? There may be some doors available in chor bazaar, a select was recently broken.. The condition however, you'll have to see for yourself, but I feel they may be ok. Let me know, I can inquire..
The doors are the same, barring an additional step on the ledge of the front doors. Do let me know. Thanks.
Old 20th February 2010, 00:59   #60
BHPian

Wow, Karl, congrats for picking up this wonderful piece of history! You wouldn't believe it, but when I saw that news report, I hoped that it would land up in your hands, even though I've never met you.
Spaking of Premnath Motors in Delhi, my Father-in-law's 1972 Fiat is still maintained by them. Still in original paint, original upholstery and only about 45000 kms on the clock.
tonrag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks