Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 23:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

Vintage Fiat parts are somewhat costly in Hyderabad as the restoration process differs from mechanic to mechanic,there fore the costs vary too.
I wouldnt wish to compromise on the parts and have seeked the most authentic and original ones.It costs more money,but anything for FIATtitude !!!!
Old 9th February 2010, 23:27   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Vintage Fiat parts are somewhat costly in Hyderabad as the restoration process differs from mechanic to mechanic,there fore the costs vary too.
I wouldnt wish to compromise on the parts and have seeked the most authentic and original ones.It costs more money,but anything for FIATtitude !!!!
I agree with you every bit. Ultimately, what matters is getting the required part which is original and authentic . Money is just a medium
Old 10th February 2010, 00:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks I am planning to change the tyres of my fiat and have gone through some reviews about them however I am confused, can someone help me if I should go for the traditional one which comes with the car or do you advice a radial tyre would be a better option if so which tyre should i go for. Please

Hillram sir now we have got a reason to start our own "HYDERABAD FIAT CLUB", what say?
Old 10th February 2010, 08:36   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Hi folks I am planning to change the tyres of my fiat and have gone through some reviews about them however I am confused, can someone help me if I should go for the traditional one which comes with the car or do you advice a radial tyre would be a better option if so which tyre should i go for. Please

Hillram sir now we have got a reason to start our own "HYDERABAD FIAT CLUB", what say?
Any traditional tyres still available in HYD?

Swift tyres with tube is the best option. 165 80 R14.

Post your car pics in Fiat 1100 Club - Hyderabad[FCL] thread, in the weekend.
Old 10th February 2010, 08:46   #50
Senior - BHPian

Are Ceat safety drive tyres not available in the market. If so only Swift tyres match the ceat ones or are there any others also available.
Old 10th February 2010, 09:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post

Post your car pics in Fiat 1100 Club - Hyderabad[FCL] thread, in the weekend.
My Bad,
I meant Fiat 1100 Club - Hyderabad[FCH] thread
Old 10th February 2010, 10:40   #52
Senior - BHPian

Chanu..try reaching out Attari's dad.He has Fiat tyres for disposal,which are in good condition.
Old 10th February 2010, 10:48   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Are Ceat safety drive tyres not available in the market. If so only Swift tyres match the ceat ones or are there any others also available.
If you look hard, you should still find a set of Safety Drives. Other options include MRF Twin Tread. Im sure radials of the same size will be available, though I have never used them.
Old 10th February 2010, 22:40   #54
Senior - BHPian

Delight(ful) Moment

Atlast,The Delight has come home,few moments ago..completly done up,with new engine head,brake cylinder replaced,oil change,oil filter change.
Now last phase of the restoration,which begins tomorrow,is the upholstry and the art leather seating.
This has been a very exciting,anxious,journey for me.
Fellow bhpians Shiva(cyberdoctorind) and Shyam(Stanher) have been very helpful advising me at various stages of the restoration.Thanks folks.
I will soon start the thread/chapter of Fiat 1100 Club-Hyderabad.

Last edited by hillram : 10th February 2010 at 22:43.
Old 11th February 2010, 01:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

Thank you folks for the information. To my good luck there is a guy who wanted to dispose the 600 kms driven swift tyres and giving away the tyres for 1800/- each. Should I go for it then? Its company fixed tyres so not sure of the brand, please suggest

Congratulations Hillram for the DELIGHT Mmm!! You just got the car and got all the below mentioned things done. Awesome job there!! rapid ha! who is you mech by the way? I am keen on getting my car seats done as they give me a soggy feel. I will be following your reviews closely and even get my Fiat ready.

Here are the pictures of my Fiat 90 model.
Attached Thumbnails
Acquiring a Fiat 1100 Delight-pal1.jpg  

Acquiring a Fiat 1100 Delight-pal2.jpg  

Acquiring a Fiat 1100 Delight-pal.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 11th February 2010, 09:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the pictures of my Fiat 90 model.
Finally we get to see your car chanu. Nice car!
Old 11th February 2010, 15:58   #57
Senior - BHPian

Chanu,your Fiat looks very exquisite.well kept mate.
Old 11th February 2010, 16:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

Car looks in great condition.

Regarding tires, you need to take a call. I have Swift tubeless tires (now with tube) and performace has been excellent. Behram sir too drove my car the other day and was quite impressed. He recommended me to put tubes on it from safety perspective, which I did. If you could manage Safety Drive nothing like it as its the most recommended tires

Last edited by funkykar : 11th February 2010 at 16:11.
Old 12th February 2010, 00:48   #59
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Hillram sir, funkycar, Arun I feel its your view which makes this simple car superb. Actually this car was owned by an bank manager in SBI he has not used the duplicate key its still with the company slip and thread later some photographer bought it and kept lying under the sky for couple of months I saw the car got impressed and borught it. I am thinking to convert the car like the picture below however depending upon your feedback. However not thinking of sunroom, vnyl/rexine roof cover but, just the colour, alloys and Halogen lamp, kindly give your opinion
Attached Thumbnails
Acquiring a Fiat 1100 Delight-75358.jpg  

Acquiring a Fiat 1100 Delight-75306.jpg  

Old 12th February 2010, 06:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking to convert the car like the picture below however depending upon your feedback. However not thinking of sunroom, vnyl/rexine roof cover but, just the colour, alloys and Halogen lamp, kindly give your opinion
This car is mostly a imported Delight. The body-line and paint job is perfect. If such a good paint job can be done on your car then you can think of modifying like this. All modifications you do to the car, do in such a way that it can be easily reverted back to originality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks