Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2010, 22:33   #76
Senior - BHPian

Great work carried out there by you Hillram. Looks nice and neatly done job including the fitting of various bits. BTW the engine compartment doesn't goes well with the overall car.
One thing more. There is no side panel along the front dash shelf. Is the body alone painted in white. See the circled area in the attached pics. If yes then why is it so. Any special reason for this. Just curious to know.
Attached Thumbnails
Acquiring a Fiat 1100 Delight-dsc00011.jpg  

Old 14th February 2010, 01:17   #77
Senior - BHPian

Wow congratulations Ram anna (if you permit me to call you) sexy looking car donno how many people gonna loose their bumpers staring you car in traffic.

Painting job 100/100 marks, Upholsery 100/100.

Do you feel the seat belts are necessary for this model car and if so you could have got a retractable seat belt at afzalgunj rather having the plastic clips as neigher they do good in terms of safety or style.

Where are the Nimbu Mirchi- hang it to the bumper "kahin nazar na lag jaye bhai".

Last edited by chanu : 14th February 2010 at 01:18.
Old 14th February 2010, 13:35   #78
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Chanu for your wishes.The seats belts can be madeto disappear too,but let us keep the TRaffic rules in mind.
@Sam..the pads are missing are getting leather covers.iactually ran out of leather when the upholstry was done.
Old 15th February 2010, 00:11   #79
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Ram - Your Delight is indeed a Delight to the eyes !
Her Grille, side-trims, wheel caps, and bumpers are top class !
Your wheels have a signature colour pattern - also seen on your 'Spirit of Turin' SS.
Great car, may you enjoy miles of motoring with her.
Old 15th February 2010, 00:37   #80
Senior - BHPian

awesome paint job, what is that plastic bag kept near the cutout, behind the battery

Spike
Old 15th February 2010, 07:56   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
awesome paint job, what is that plastic bag kept near the cutout, behind the battery

Spike
Hey SPIKE ARRESTOR the bag near the fuse box, not cutout, is the windshield washer fluid bag (box in new gen cars). I hope i am correct.
Old 15th February 2010, 09:11   #82
Senior - BHPian

Ram,

Very nice, the green color we could have never imagined looking so good. On the engine Bay 3 things will make is look awesome.

1. Tidying up.

2. Dry air filter

3. The metal Brake fluid resiorvior.

I have one picture of Engine Bay of Select, nicely maintained, having the air filter and the resiorvior.

Acquiring a Fiat 1100 Delight-dsc04277.jpg
Old 15th February 2010, 10:43   #83
Senior - BHPian

Great pic of engine bay Manish.Willtry to do up mine.
Old 17th February 2010, 18:50   #84
Senior - BHPian

Folks..while im rejoicing the Fiat 1100 Club-Hyderabad edition,I have certain vows with my Delight.
Post replacement of Engine head and setting all the parametres correctly,there has been misfiring happening while revving and it certainly is jerking the whole car while driving.my mechanic has been trying "Trial and Error" method to find this misfirings.HE has till now:
- Replaced the condensor
- Replaced distributor wiring
- Replaced the fuel valve in the carburattor from size 100 to 102,the later being the correct size for the Delight.
Yet after all these adjustments/replacments,the engine is misfiring when im revving.Even in stationary mode under idling condition,when i step on the accelerator pedal for revving,the engine misfires.
What could be the reason for this?Im getting a little restless with this...
Need your inputs folks.
Old 17th February 2010, 23:18   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Folks..while im rejoicing the Fiat 1100 Club-Hyderabad edition,I have certain vows with my Delight.
Post replacement of Engine head and setting all the parametres correctly,there has been misfiring happening while revving and it certainly is jerking the whole car while driving.my mechanic has been trying "Trial and Error" method to find this misfirings.HE has till now:
- Replaced the condensor
- Replaced distributor wiring
- Replaced the fuel valve in the carburattor from size 100 to 102,the later being the correct size for the Delight.
Yet after all these adjustments/replacments,the engine is misfiring when im revving.Even in stationary mode under idling condition,when i step on the accelerator pedal for revving,the engine misfires.
What could be the reason for this?Im getting a little restless with this...
Need your inputs folks.
Please go step by step and you will surely get the solution yourself.

1.Check if the point gap is 0.40mm (Dwell angle 60 degrees) with a feeler gauge or dwell meter only. Human judgement doesn't work here.

2. Check if the timing is set to 10 degrees BTDC. This should be the first mark from the 3 marks which are very close to each other

3. Check all the spark plugs. If necessary, replace with Bosch Mico W7QBC or W175Z1. Please do not adjust the spark plug gap in any case.

4. After removing the spark plugs from the car, with just the ignition ON ask your mechanic to turn the fan by hand and check if each plug is working. You should see a bright blue coloured spark.

5.If the problem is still not solved, with the car idling and at operating temperature, carefully remove the spark plug cables one bye one.Be VERY I repeat VERY careful while doing this as these cables have nearly 20-25000 volts of potential difference which could result in a nasty shock at the least or severe fire due to the distance from the carburetor. Ones hands should be dry, non greasy. Using a cotton cloth would help. First remove the cable from cylinder one and see if the misfiring worsens, if not, reconnect the cable and proceed to cylinder no.2. If on removing the cable from a particular spark plug, the misfiring doesn't worsen, it means that particular cylinder isn't firing. Check the spark plug and then check for loss in compression with a compression gauge which may be due to a loose spark plug or other bad piston rings.

6. If all the above doesn't work, you would need to check the fuel delivery system for vacuum leaks and the particular cylinder for compression loss.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar

Last edited by adheesh : 17th February 2010 at 23:24.
Old 18th February 2010, 01:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

Ya Ram garu even I noticed the sound to be different from my car however due to my ignorance in details I enjoyed saying "what a nice purring sound delight makes" (I though thats the exhaust note for Delight) Do try as adheesh said but SAFETY FIRST founder member and I am sure your babe with fire the right way.

Last edited by chanu : 18th February 2010 at 01:04.
Old 18th February 2010, 09:38   #87
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Adeesh for a detail "cure plan" for my delight.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:58   #88
Senior - BHPian

Folks..My delight has undergone a complete Carburattor tuning and replaces the fuel jets and the misfirings are eliminated.Its a much smoother ride now.
Old 18th February 2010, 17:18   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Its a much smoother ride now.
Which calls for a Party.
Old 18th February 2010, 17:46   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
Which calls for a Party.
True to your word Shiva..lets celebrate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks