Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:04   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The last of the Delights that I know of did sport a couple of curios, like President style plain steel wheelcaps but with 'FIAT' script on them instead of PAL. The 3 meter cluster was replaced with a one piece unit like the President, but black faced. I have 2 identical Delights, a 71 and a 72, with identical spec though.
Uh, by 71 do you mean the creamish yellowish greenish white one (MHI)?? I thought that car has the 3-dial (Yenkay) cluster? Whereas your 72 (MTJ 4150?) has the one-piece unit.
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
I have driven this car and seen it personally...... it was a complete shocker for me. So many things are original from showroom.
also the engine is really silent and smooth. it also has a showroom fitted PIONEER music deck. Original mats and whole lot more
what?? that music system is a modern HU ,and the console looks like that of esteem.these items cannot be ''PAL showroom fitted"'
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

I learn my driving on a Fiat, and then drove it for 20 years, and seeing the steering wheel picture was pure nostalgia. And to think that the all around visibility of the outside world from today's cars has become so constricted these days, that I am sure it is the cause of a few accidents. The engine bay picture was also a trip back - so much elbow room to get to grips with the engine/electricals! Congratulations on a well kept car.
Old 23rd July 2009, 05:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
what?? that music system is a modern HU ,and the console looks like that of esteem.these items cannot be ''PAL showroom fitted"'
The music system which Sujith is referring, is the one inside the wooden box right side below the steering and not the one in the center console. The box is closed and hence the system cannot be seen. I will upload its pics soon.
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:22   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Arun1100 - that's a very good car. The fiats never came with factory fitted music system. We tried to engineer it but as speaker cutouts needed sheet metal modifications, it was turned down. It may be a dealer fitment from those days but certainly not not from the factory. The carburettor and distributor have been changed. There was no vacuum advance in 1974. The original carburettor number is SOLEX M32PBIC - 1014. The venturi diameter is 20.5 mm as against 22 mm for other Solex carburettors. I'll see if I can source a working example for you. The distributor is 25D4. Original high tension wires were green in colour and they were quite thin. There was no cap nut on the spark plugs, the connector used to fit directly on the stalk with a small spring clip. By the way, please refit the horn button centrally. It is fitted skewed.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
I have driven this car and seen it personally...... it was a complete shocker for me. So many things are original from showroom.
also the engine is really silent and smooth. it also has a showroom fitted PIONEER music deck. Original mats and whole lot more
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Arun1100 - that's a very good car. The fiats never came with factory fitted music system. We tried to engineer it but as speaker cutouts needed sheet metal modifications, it was turned down. It may be a dealer fitment from those days but certainly not not from the factory. The carburettor and distributor have been changed. There was no vacuum advance in 1974. The original carburettor number is SOLEX M32PBIC - 1014. The venturi diameter is 20.5 mm as against 22 mm for other Solex carburettors. I'll see if I can source a working example for you. The distributor is 25D4. Original high tension wires were green in colour and they were quite thin. There was no cap nut on the spark plugs, the connector used to fit directly on the stalk with a small spring clip. By the way, please refit the horn button centrally. It is fitted skewed.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir,
Thanks for the suggestions. As you have said, the music system was fitted in the showroom not in the factory.
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:57   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Uh, by 71 do you mean the creamish yellowish greenish white one (MHI)?? I thought that car has the 3-dial (Yenkay) cluster? Whereas your 72 (MTJ 4150?) has the one-piece unit.
Both cars are identical with a 3 piece meter cluster.
Old 23rd July 2009, 10:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Original high tension wires were green in colour and they were quite thin. There was no cap nut on the spark plugs, the connector used to fit directly on the stalk with a small spring clip. Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Was this the case also with Elegents and Selects???
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:07   #24
BHPian

Very nice car.

Cheers,
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore Fiat 1100 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeuff View Post
Very nice car.

Cheers,
Join the Bangalore Fiat 1100 Club.
FIAT 1100 CLUB, Bangalore - Home
Old 24th July 2009, 12:07   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Here is a 1974 Premier President. Its a blue color in original paint, done 62000 kms. Few parts are changed in the car like the dynamo, right-side indicator, rear tail lamp. It has all original steering, combination switch, rear view mirror, speedometer, original bench seats, white walled tyres with original wheel caps, original grill with vertical PAL logo, flat side beading etc. The car was delivered from Sundaram Motors, Bangalore. Here are few pictures of the OH REE G NAL 1974 Premier president.
I think I've seen this car parked in UB City on Vittal Mallya Road. I used to see a President with similar colour in the basement parking area....the only Fiat out of the hundreds of cars parked there!
Is the Sunday meet (26th July) still on at Cubbon Park? Which part of the park? Can I come along with my camera and a couple of friends to see the beauties? We are founder members of the Bangalore Classic Scooter Club, and would like to meet up with you Fiat freaks!

Last edited by Sidman : 24th July 2009 at 12:14.
Old 24th July 2009, 12:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Sunday meet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
I think I've seen this car parked in UB City on Vittal Mallya Road. I used to see a President with similar colour in the basement parking area....the only Fiat out of the hundreds of cars parked there!
Is the Sunday meet (26th July) still on at Cubbon Park? Which part of the park? Can I come along with my camera and a couple of friends to see the beauties? We are founder members of the Bangalore Classic Scooter Club, and would like to meet up with you Fiat freaks!
Please do join us. We are meeting up this sunday at 3:30 in Cubbon Park near central library.
Old 24th July 2009, 12:59   #28
BANNED

26th July, Sunday Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
Sure Sidman you can come for the meet though it isn't a RALLY MEET, we are meeting up to discuss on our 2nd Rally, proposed to be on 9th August. You may not find all members with their Fiats over there but at least a few.
Old 24th July 2009, 14:19   #29
BHPian

I know it's , but mods please do allow this post.

arun1100,
I am member of Fiat club & also own padmini (newly bought), but I don't have details of the event. can you please share details of Sunday meet (26th July) at Cubbon Park as I would like to join the relly.

Thanks,
Pradip.
Old 24th July 2009, 22:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Here is a 1974 Premier President. Its a blue color in original paint, done 62000 kms. Few parts are changed in the car like the dynamo, right-side indicator, rear tail lamp. It has all original steering, combination switch, rear view mirror, speedometer, original bench seats, white walled tyres with original wheel caps, original grill with vertical PAL logo, flat side beading etc. The car was delivered from Sundaram Motors, Bangalore. Here are few pictures of the OH REE G NAL 1974 Premier president.
Been off the net for the last few days, and what do I see... WOW ! What an awesome, beautiful find ! Wonderfully original and well preserved. Arun, please convince the owner to maintain this car as is, she's too good to be true. You'll get good advice from our very own Rony aka President.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks