Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 18:49   #31

@Karl -- The RC book says 1800 cc for sure. but it is a 1600 cc engine. I will soon visit the car and check the engine and chassis number on the car body and write back. I guess that is the only way to figure out what exactly happened here.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:38   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravitejasharma View Post
I will soon visit the car and check the engine and chassis number on the car body and write back. I guess that is the only way to figure out what exactly happened here.

Sharmajee,

Dont bother doing all that.

A Beetle is a Beetle always, unless you are looking at a concurs car or a car for resale.

Enjoy your Beetle You should consider yourself lucky to own not 1 but 2 of them.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 10th August 2009 at 20:39.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Sharmajee,

Dont bother doing all that.

A Beetle is a Beetle always, unless you are looking at a concurs car or a car for resale.

Enjoy your Beetle You should consider yourself lucky to own not 1 but 2 of them.
Did he buy both?? The pic posted is from the garage of the previous owner in Bangalore.
Old 11th August 2009, 10:33   #34

Pavanbhai, I have one Beetle. I am a little confused about its exactly history and year, but I agree wih you fully, a Beetle is always a Beetle. My intention is not to sell but to enjoy it.

@JayD ---> The pics I have posted are from two different locations. The ones posted first are more recent.

It is taking some time to get in on the road. For one, I havent been able to give it time for the last one months since I got it. My mechanic too has not been well. The car is at his garage.
Old 11th August 2009, 10:35   #35

That other Orange bug in the pic is somewhere in Jayanagar in Bengaluru...
Old 11th August 2009, 15:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

this seems to be a instance of microbus book being planted on a Beetle sedan
if that is so, it is liking having an maruti 800 with an omnis book!!!
Old 26th September 2009, 14:01   #37

Hey Guys.

Sorry I was completely out of action for sometime. The rains here in Delhi totally derailed my plans. I was stuck with finding a pressure plate for the Beetle. After a few rounds to the old car market around Jama Masjid in Old Delhi, I finally found one. Will take it to the car morrow morning and try to get the clutch in place soon. The poor car has been standing there for some months now. Need to get it started and drive it around.
Old 26th September 2009, 14:40   #38

Red Automatic Beetle in Delhi

This Red Beetle has been lying outside a petrol pump in Delhi's Moti Bagh/Nanakpura area. The petrol pump owner says the onwer of the car does not want to sell it. He wants to get it restored. All fittings and parts are there but its accumumating dust. I've seen it there for the last two years.

And this one is an Automatic
Attached Thumbnails
Just bought a 1974 VW Beetle, some parts needed-img160.jpg  

Just bought a 1974 VW Beetle, some parts needed-img130.jpg  

Just bought a 1974 VW Beetle, some parts needed-img133.jpg  

Just bought a 1974 VW Beetle, some parts needed-img141.jpg  

Just bought a 1974 VW Beetle, some parts needed-img153.jpg  

Old 27th September 2009, 22:59   #39
BANNED

Quote:
This Red Beetle has been lying outside a petrol pump in Delhi's Moti Bagh/Nanakpura area. The petrol pump owner says the onwer of the car does not want to sell it. He wants to get it restored. All fittings and parts are there but its accumumating dust. I've seen it there for the last two years.

And this one is an Automatic

Sharmajee, thats a beautiful car.

Automatic, and a Twin Carb and with the 1500 cc engine

Sirjee, could you get me the owners contact info, i would really be happy getting this Bug back to its original glory.

Who knows he might just sell it.
Old 29th September 2009, 14:58   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This car must have been in Pune at some point. As a kid I would keep a journal and note down interesting cars sighted, and CAY 7443 is listed as a white Beetle. This was in the early 90s.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks