Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 13:12   #31
BHPian

hey thanks alot, i`ll surely let you know if i need anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Standard 10 restoration-image410.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image411.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image412.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image413.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image414.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image415.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image416.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image417.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image418.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image419.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th August 2009 at 20:25. Reason: No SMS language please.
Old 27th August 2009, 14:48   #32
BHPian

Wow with the paint its truly coming to shape, the paint job is good and with lot of attention to detail. That mechanic knows the car in and out I guess or is it you giving him detailed directions ?
Old 27th August 2009, 20:02   #33
BHPian

The person working on this has restored many beauties. so he knows his way in and out of every old and new cars.
Old 4th September 2009, 03:47   #34
BHPian

Hi its been quiet few days ! any more progress ?
Old 4th September 2009, 11:42   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey cal, nice to see your car in it's new hues at last! :drool:
The green looks just right (apple green) but the white should've been a little more creamish. Or maybe its the photo.

Also, as karl said, the dash should be painted cream/ivory, with the facia panels/glovebox door etc. in silver.

Aside, it was good of your painter to paint the inside (esp. real wheel arches) only white, with the 2-tone paint only on the outside, makes sense as the trims appear only on the outside.

'looking forward to seeing more.
Old 4th September 2009, 22:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

Yes certainly the colour is looking very nice.Did you have tio get any parts for this from abroad?
Old 6th September 2009, 21:33   #37
BHPian

its the photo, actually the green is little lighter n the white color is more of cream.. as i said before the person knows about the classic cars well.The interior looks very good with green. as of now we got the parts here itself. the car is now under going all the mechanical work.i`ll upload the pictures as the works goes on..thank you all for your comments..
What color leather would u guys think will suit the car.My father has selected a dull light green. little off coloured from body though. suits well i guess..)

Note from Mods : Hi, please try to use capitalization, spacing and punctuation properly to ease readability for all. Take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette) for details. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Standard 10 restoration-image420.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image435.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image436.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image437.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image448.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image449.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image450.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image453.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image454.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th September 2009 at 19:15. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
calrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2009, 22:27   #38

YUMMY!! That is one Tasty looking Engine!! I could eat off it!!
Cyrus43 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2009, 22:49   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calrock View Post
What color leather would u guys think will suit the car.My father has selected a dull light green. little off coloured from body though. suits well i guess..)
If I'm right, white & green Pennants had green and red upholstery- karl's Pennant still does under the current one. He can tell you the pattern I'm sure.
Old 6th September 2009, 23:05   #40
BHPian

Quote:
its the photo, actually the green is little lighter n the white color is more of cream.. as i said before the person knows about the classic cars well.The interior looks very good with green. My father has selected a dull light green. little off coloured from body though. suits well i guess..)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
If I'm right, white & green Pennants had green and red upholstery- karl's Pennant still does under the current one. He can tell you the pattern I'm sure.
Well, the white & green Pennants, AFAIK, weren't this white and green, notwithstanding calrock's statement above about the exact shade of these colours. So, the upholstery needn't be true either, but anything that looks pleasing to the beholder!

@ calrock, great work happening on your car, especially the tin work. The wheel arches, well...but I really am in awe of the attention to detail that is evident here on the whole, especially the way the die-pressed stuff's replacement has being beaten out. Btw, what gauge of sheet is the beater working on?
Old 6th September 2009, 23:28   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Well, the white & green Pennants, AFAIK, weren't this white and green, notwithstanding calrock's statement above about the exact shade of these colours. So, the upholstery needn't be true either, but anything that looks pleasing to the beholder!
Prabal, as I said, karl's Pennant (which has been in his family since new) has the upholstery in that colour- he'd confirmed it to me long ago. Although only a small part (I think upper half of the vertical part of the seats) were red, the rest, including the "lap" of the seats were all green. This he could make out from a couple of tears in the current upholstery.
Old 7th September 2009, 12:51   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Quote:
Prabal, as I said, karl's Pennant (which has been in his family since new) has the upholstery in that colour- he'd confirmed it to me long ago. Although only a small part (I think upper half of the vertical part of the seats) were red, the rest, including the "lap" of the seats were all green. This he could make out from a couple of tears in the current upholstery.
My car does have the original upholstry intact underneath the present padded covers. The present covers too must have been fitted decades back. Unfortunately the original door panels are not present.

The seat back has the top few inches portion in red, and I assume the same for the bottom. The rest is a light green. The covers over the original are fixed, and I do not want to remove right now as I won't be able to fix them back. This I can see through a tear in the cover.

I shall post some reference images over the weekend when home.
Old 7th September 2009, 23:02   #43
BHPian

engine had been mounted today
Attached Thumbnails
Standard 10 restoration-image457.jpg  

Old 12th September 2009, 23:15   #44
BHPian

more pics of da car and few suspension parts
Attached Thumbnails
Standard 10 restoration-image471.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image472.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image473.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image474.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image475.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image476.jpg  

Standard 10 restoration-image477.jpg  

Old 13th September 2009, 10:01   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
more pics of da car and few suspension parts
Wow, I recognise the boxes from what I've bought over the years, that's all OG stuff. If you have a source that is still supplying brake and suspension components, please do let me know.

Most Viewed